It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problems with using some features

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Over the last couple of weeks or so I've experienced the following issues:

U2Us - part of the text missing in U2Us I've sent and received. The missing bit might turn up if I go to read the recieved message again later.

Over the last couple of days I experienced problems sending a U2U when I hit the 'send message' option in the drop-down box under a member's avatar.

Stars - some days, try as I might I cannot star posts. On other days it might take several hard jabs to get the star to 'take'.

Quoting posts - today I replied to a member's post by choosing the 'quote post' option. The quote didn't show up in my post which was awkward because, by then, a new page had been started in the thread.

I know ATS has had many problems just lately but I don't remember seeing anyone else report these particular issues. Sorry if I missed something. I assume it's being helpful to bring this up? I've no idea if the rampaging Index Bots that S.O mentioned could be behind it all.

I should mention I'm using a Tablet and cannot use my PC to check if it would have these problems too.

If this post is more of a nuisance than a helpful reporting of problems please bin it and I'm sorry for being a pain.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

Stars - some days, try as I might I cannot star posts. On other days it might take several hard jabs to get the star to 'take'.

Quoting posts - today I replied to a member's post by choosing the 'quote post' option. The quote didn't show up in my post which was awkward because, by then, a new page had been started in the thread.

I know ATS has had many problems just lately but I don't remember seeing anyone else report these particular issues. Sorry if I missed something. I assume it's being helpful to bring this up? I've no idea if the rampaging Index Bots that S.O mentioned could be behind it all.

I have noticed both of these. In the case of quotes, either what I reply does not show up, just the quote or both my reply and quote show as being typed by just who I quoted. Both from just clicking on 'quote'.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't know if this helps but, you should make sure that your words begin after

[ /quote ]

you can just quote someone w/out using the quote button this way also...

[ quote ] insert whatever part of post you want to quote [ /quote ]

Both from just clicking on 'quote'.

I know you two know that but, it may help someone else...
edit on 6-4-2016 by TNMockingbird because: clarifying....

edit on 6-4-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
In 2 posts in the last 20 minutes, I clicked quote and then typed my reply, of course after [ /quote ] , but after I hit enter, my reply was not there.

Upon clicking edit... I saw my reply was there but this followed the quoted text < [ /quote ]

There was a left pointing arrow in front of the bracket. When I removed it and clicked reply, my reply was then visible in the response.

These arrows are popping up on their own. Without a space. I had to put a space in between the arrow and the bracket and edit THIS lol. I had not put in an arrow to begin with.
edit on 6-4-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
In 2 posts in the last 20 minutes, I clicked quote and then typed my reply, of course after [ /quote ] , but after I hit enter, my reply was not there.

Upon clicking edit... I saw my reply was there but this followed the quoted text < [ /quote ]

There was a left pointing arrow in front of the bracket. When I removed it and clicked reply, my reply was then visible in the response.

These arrows are popping up on their own. Without a space. I had to put a space in between the arrow and the bracket and edit THIS lol. I had not put in an arrow to begin with.

Test for screen shot. well, of course now it doesn't happen.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This happens on my phone too.
I've kind of given up the quote thing and just retype the relevant part.
Not a big problem but I'm sure I was following the instructions.
Heyho.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

I should mention I'm using a Tablet and cannot use my PC to check if it would have these problems too.

If this post is more of a nuisance than a helpful reporting of problems please bin it and I'm sorry for being a pain.

Another test to see if it happens only when quoting others.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Don't know if its relevant but clicking on stars, repliess and quotes at the top of a page won't work until you line feed once.

Sometimes I forget that and its frustrating to clickity click with no result.

Oh… line feed… got it.
edit on 6-4-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's a good note.

I've noticed that especially on days when I've increased the page size due to tired eyes/lighting or whatever...

On those occasions I may have to do more than once!

top topics

join