It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so important that the Bible be true?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Displacement ? Even if they found a structure on top of the mountain it doesn't make the ark story true. You still have to factor how all the animals were fed and how they cohabitated. You have to factor the fact that some animals were carnivores and some herbivores. The big question is why we're miracles like this so connnonplace way back when but now they are non existent.

I can't discount that God may exist. God may very well exist but there is substantial evidence that the bible is not 100% truth.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Because if its true then I'll see my little brother again when I get to heaven, where there will be no pain or suffering or hate.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is important that it be considered true to these people because centuries of their history and their own lives are defined by it. If it isn't true, then their lives and their history has been based on a lie.

People who hold a personal faith of this nature will fight for their faith no matter what contradictory evidence is put in front of them, because to them, questioning their source material is tantamount to questioning their very existence...

originally posted by: Bone75
Because if its true then I'll see my little brother again when I get to heaven, where there will be no pain or suffering or hate.

You wont be seeing him in heaven until Jesus comes back, according to the bible... You will be seeing him in Hades though, where you will wait with him for Jesus to return and then you and your brother's judgement will be handed down.
edit on 6-4-2016 by skepticaloverload because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Displacement ? Even if they found a structure on top of the mountain it doesn't make the ark story true. You still have to factor how all the animals were fed and how they cohabitated. You have to factor the fact that some animals were carnivores and some herbivores. The big question is why we're miracles like this so connnonplace way back when but now they are non existent.

I can't discount that God may exist. God may very well exist but there is substantial evidence that the bible is not 100% truth.
So someone built a structure larger then an ocean liner on top of a mountain at an elevation where you can hardly breathe? Thats enough for me, especially that it was told to me by someone I trusted, who lived there.
Angels are aliens. If you have a bible go read the story of Lot in Sodom and Ghomoria. Remember the Angels walked out of Abrahams tent? A good question is where did they come from before they walked in? A space ship? They looked similar to us but somewhat different. They were very attractive and the men wanted them sent out of Lots house to have sex with them. Remember Lot offered his daughter instead? And what happened next????? Advanced technology..... Remember? The Angel Aliens pulled out something and flashed the crowd of gay dudes so bright it blinded them. Forget all the churchy crap and have another look at the bible. There is some real good stuff in there.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No one will change your mind with the truth, because you wont have it. Its called itching ears. You want to hear what you want to hear. I prefer to hear the truth

Are you listening to yourself? What you typed could also be repeated back to you. You don't know what you believe is the truth. That's why it's called faith.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

So someone built a structure larger then an ocean liner on top of a mountain at an elevation where you can hardly breathe? Thats enough for me, especially that it was told to me by someone I trusted, who lived there.
Angels are aliens. If you have a bible go read the story of Lot in Sodom and Ghomoria. Remember the Angels walked out of Abrahams tent? A good question is where did they come from before they walked in? A space ship? They looked similar to us but somewhat different. They were very attractive and the men wanted them sent out of Lots house to have sex with them. Remember Lot offered his daughter instead? And what happened next????? Advanced technology..... Remember? The Angel Aliens pulled out something and flashed the crowd of gay dudes so bright it blinded them. Forget all the churchy crap and have another look at the bible. There is some real good stuff in there.

I'm very familiar with lots story. I remember that he offered his daughters to the men of the village. I also think it's a story and nothing more and I wonder why the hell lot offered his daughters to be raped if he was a man of god. Oh right because in the bible women are the property of either their fathers or husbands. That in and of itself should be enough for any compassionate and rational human being to discredit the bible.

Aliens? Advanced technology. Where did they go? We live in an age now where we have cameras everywhere and we aren't privy to any of this.

Secondly if there was a boat on top of the mountain surely it would have been filmed but all of the evidence dissappears.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

No one will change your mind with the truth, because you wont have it. Its called itching ears. You want to hear what you want to hear. I prefer to hear the truth

Are you listening to yourself? What you typed could also be repeated back to you. You don't know what you believe is the truth. That's why it's called faith.
I hear myself, and I hear you too. I know where you are comming from Bro. I fully understand. The bible seems pretty silly at a glance. You need to do the research first hand. You have to looks in depth yourself. My Mum, who died in her mid eighties went to church as a kid. She didnt really believe in God but wasnt sure if he existed. So one day she called out to him and made a request that if he was real, he would make his self known to her beyond a doubt. He did. She would not give the private details,. but it changed her life. She gave her life to serving others. She gave of her treasures and time. I remember walking into my moms bedroom and catching her talking to God with tears streaming down her beautiful face. It was 56 years ago, and It affects me to this day

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have a gift for You,
This was written on a slip of paper I found in one of moms many Bibles. She wrote this decades ago:

When we know God: We see things differently. Obedience becomes more desirable then other things. We begin to see things as they really are, not as they appear to be.We begin to value eternal things over temporal things. misunderstandings and critisim will not hinder or deter us. We begin to speak with Authority. We see all of all in the presence of God. Desire to walk in Gods power, pressence, and provission

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11Arrogant much joe? I have a girlfriend from Moosejaw or I would be saying we might aught to build a wall on the Canadian border as well, yuh lil tirdbutt

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11 Obviosly he wasnt so Godly. His wife sure got it ddnt she? That area was very lush with vegetation. There was plenty of hot tar in the area too. An eruption is what it sounds like to me. Abraham waqsnt such a Godly man either, was he? Had sex with his wifes hand maiden. right?
So angels came down and had sex with humans and concieved giants....... Oh all make believe... Right?
Or maybe its time you wake up son. heres your coffee. got bacon and eggs cookin, Canadian bacon

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I'm just saying that the stories don't add up. Not to mention the old testament is full of a god who is merciless and takes joy in the suffering of those he decided to wipe out and kill.

Incidentally I live 45 minutes away from Moose jaw

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Joecanada11 Obviosly he wasnt so Godly. His wife sure got it ddnt she? That area was very lush with vegetation. There was plenty of hot tar in the area too. An eruption is what it sounds like to me. Abraham waqsnt such a Godly man either, was he? Had sex with his wifes hand maiden. right?
So angels came down and had sex with humans and concieved giants....... Oh all make believe... Right?
Or maybe its time you wake up son. heres your coffee. got bacon and eggs cookin, Canadian bacon

I could agree that perhaps there was a volcanic eruption in the area. And then the people made up a story about how God did it because of this and that reason. People thought earthquakes were caused by God until we discovered plate techtonics. Same with floods and winds. People thought it was God but now we know about weather patterns.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

just to correct you it was two of every unclean animal and seven of every clean animal. way more animals than most believe.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'm just saying that the stories don't add up. Not to mention the old testament is full of a god who is merciless and takes joy in the suffering of those he decided to wipe out and kill.

Incidentally I live 45 minutes away from Moose jaw
That close Eh? I cant say my lady friends name on here, but Ill give you a hint. I met her on a beach in Santa Cruz. You have seen her before.She worked for Screen actors Guild, and did a few movies, and several tv commercials.. She worked for both Sony and Surbaru. You likely saw her in the Subaru commercials with paul hogan . She was the very tall Brunette, not the blonde. She is french Canadian and speaks French fluently. My last trip to Canada was to Banf. I loved that place. I really loved ther beef there too. The women were sweeties too

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer That right! and there are no bones of giants available or on display, and there are no government pictures of an Ark. I believe the Government because they love me...............................

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

It used to be important to me that the book be true, because it was a keystone of my religious beliefs and if it was not true, it would leave me in a mess... Wondering what to think, who I am, whatever else.

That being said, very recently I've renounced religion altogether. Not God, I still believe in him but I have no reason to believe and put my trust in books written by men. I feel the book is not needed for me to be spiritual, it doesn't help, it actually seems to be more bad than it is good due to the nature of us humans and our ways of interpretation.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Where is this video of the so called "ark"

As far as i know the government there forbids anyone from going up that mountian

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Because without religion, people would need to be self accountable.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Where is this video of the so called "ark"

As far as i know the government there forbids anyone from going up that mountian

You need to look around

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Because the idea that it's just us against the universe is overwhelming and it helps us psychologically if we can convince ourselves that a higher power is really in control of it all and has a plan for us rather than us having to figure out what to do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join