It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: luthier

Gee that was fast too bad I meant him.

Huh? I meant on a cell. It s just about down and time for a new one so I am sorry for the typos and lack of proper formatting.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Anyways, good night folks. Good talk.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This too shall pass.

If the monetary loss doesn't force their hand (pfft of course it will, Republicans love their money), public opinion will.
These reactionary reprobates only pass this filth when no one is looking, now that people are paying attention to what the worse than useless rabble are doing, it'll get tossed.

Hearts & heads up people we're winning!

These desperate attempts to stifle human social progress are the last gasps of a dying rabid animal, it'll stop thrashing soon.

K~

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: Teikiatsu

Nope I could care less what you thump.

I am a philosopher by degree. Words have meaning to me.

Superstions are when you are afraid of things that you don't understand.

Like this for you.

Your assumption is I am not a theist.

I haven't said anything about religion.

Have you read neurological studies on transgender children or adults?

Yes. I disagree with the findings that promote the idea that a woman knows what it is like to be a man, and vice versa. Have you read studies on people who regret their transitions afterwards and commit suicide because of the resulting depression?

So you reject neuroscience and prefer superstions.

Yes I have read those things. It's terrible. But usually from dealing with opinions like yours is what causes these suicides.

That and the fact the operation didn't change the damage already done by people with opinions lkke yours.

I have my own feelings about children and drugs for sex change but ultimately I accept IRS the choice of parents and their children and drs.

The thing I don't accept are hack causation claims and superstions over science.

No, I reject the findings of those specific scientists that I refer to as 'quacks'

Don't make this about me, please review the T&C. We're having a mostly civil discussion and I'd hate to see you unable to post for a while because you are getting angry and want to take a few cheap shots.

These quack studies are done in several well respected major universities published in peer review journals.

As a college graduate in biological science who read (and still reads) studies in peer reviewed journals... so what? It's a known unspoken rule that 'peer review' of controversial topics means 'we found some people who are sympathetic to our point of view', plus the overwhelming amount of liberal tenured professors.

Short story, it's a good ol' boys network for progressives to try and make themselves look more reputable. I still think they are quacks.

There is a name for this fallacy.

One where the information is denied no matter what.

Not to mention the genetic fallacy of source.

What exactly do you disagree with in the studies?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

SOURCE PLEASE.

I did say 'unspoken rule' but if you need a place to start...

www.cbc.ca...

Your source is an article that disagrees with scientific journals...so you consider that scientific journals?...is this why no one speaks about it?

I'm not disagreeing btw, you just heavily overplayed something I've been waiting to see. The problem I have is they're highly unbelievable. But the bias in your statement is also large so whatever. Thanks for nothing.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Huh? I meant on a cell. It s just about down and time for a new one so I am sorry for the typos and lack of proper formatting.

I wanted to see the statistics in favor of suicide. I didn't mean to ask/quote you. I meant Teik.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I wanted to see the statistics in favor of suicide. I didn't mean to ask/quote you. I meant Teik.

Ah got it.

Sorry.

I think the stats are there by my own anecrdotal findings. I just think the causation is more complicated than regret of sex change. I have some seriously complicated views feija and I have argued about but ultimately I just feel compassion and empathy so I am trying to just listen more.
edit on 9-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

And no, I don't think that little girls should go into a men's facility and see naked grown men.

Perhaps you failed to realize all those young girls were transgender? They grow up and have been growing up for years and years.

I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.

Right back at ya.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Annee, can you help me read his his "trans suicide statistics"
I'm really confused. Cancer?

SOURCE PLEASE.

I did say 'unspoken rule' but if you need a place to start...

www.cbc.ca...

edit on 9-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Ah got it.

Sorry.

I think the stats are there by my own anecrdotal findings. I just think the causation is more complicated than regret of sex change. I have some seriously complicated views feija and I have argued about but ultimately I just feel compassion and empathy so I am trying to just listen more.

It's okay. If it makes you feel better his source was worth less than me pooping in my hand. This isn't even close to what I asked for...

Edit: wow neither was yours. I must have been really unclear as you guys were back and forthing about scientific journals quacks and suicide.

The only thing sure is that they're all extremely one sided results where they all die or love it.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ButsDuge
I don't care where men and women go to the bathroom ... their taking a $[! or piss for god sakes ... something I don't want to get in the middle of to be sure.

You know what I hate? ... having to take my daughters into the men's room because they have to $[! too and I'm the parent on duty (see what I did there)

I say we learn how to keep the bathrooms clean before we worry about who's using them....

Than again maybe we should stop some people from using them ... it might keep them cleaner.

Bathrooms are much less of an issue, to be sure. Women will be using stalls no matter which gender they think they are. Men who think they are women wouldn't have any choice but to use a woman's stall.

Open locker rooms and showers are the much bigger issue.

I say they should make everyone use a stall; and make them sit down. Get some kinda sensor thing going where if your not sitting it takes your picture and displays it on the front of the stall.

Just like the theory that says more guns makes gun violence go down ... because an armed society is a plight society...

If all buns must be seated you might think twice about the next guy (girl) ... in the hope the guy before was thinking about you.

Open locker rooms and showers? ... change and cleans your self in your own dam house ... it's not that hard. Don't work out minuets befor that big meeting and youll be fine.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Ah got it.

Sorry.

It's okay. If it makes you feel better his source was worth less than me pooping in my hand. This isn't even close to what I asked for...

Basically I think therapy and good therapy at that is just as important as the change. Growing up trans can be so miserable just changing sex doesn't fix serious issues of mental health. This IMO seriously effects the suicide rate.

My wife has worked at several universities and we have a lot of friends who are deans, professors, and a director of student relations and diversity. I hear lots of stories.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I don't care where men and women go to the bathroom ... their taking a $[! or piss for god sakes ... something I don't want to get in the middle of to be sure.

You know what I hate? ... having to take my daughters into the men's room because they have to $[! too and I'm the parent on duty (see what I did there)

I say we learn how to keep the bathrooms clean before we worry about who's using them....

Than again maybe we should stop some people from using them ... it might keep them cleaner.

Bathrooms are much less of an issue, to be sure. Women will be using stalls no matter which gender they think they are. Men who think they are women wouldn't have any choice but to use a woman's stall.

I say they should make everyone use a stall; and make them sit down. Get some kinda sensor thing going where if your not sitting it takes your picture and displays it on the front of the stall.

Just like the theory that says more guns makes gun violence go down ... because an armed society is a plight society...

If all buns must be seated you might think twice about the next guy (girl) ... in the hope the guy before was thinking about you.

Open locker rooms and showers? ... change and cleans your self in your own dam house ... it's not that hard. Don't work out minuets befor that big meeting and youll be fine.

Thats rediculous. We just need junk shots on ID's and scanners at the bathroom doors. That's real liberty and freedom.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

My issue is they're always one sided where they all seem to hate it or the results lower than* standard suicide rate immensly.

Nothing seems authetic.

Edit*

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Not sure I underatand?

You mean how people draw causation from suicide rates for their own convienance

It seems to make sense if society and your family don't acknowledge who you are mental health is effected. On top of the biological issue is just a lot for a mind to deal with.

I am a strait male with three kids so I seriously am reaching. I have been through plenty of other stuff though.

Edited the first sentence.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Thats rediculous. We just need junk shots on ID's and scanners at the bathroom doors. That real liberty and freedom.

Like a three strikes and your out kinda thing?

You hold your genitals up to the genital reader and if you haven't had any cleanliness problem in the past three months than the bathroom door opens for you?

If you've had a cleanliness problem your locked out of the public bathroom?

That might work ... all it would take is one go in the old pantaloons to teach a guy (or a girl) to be cleaner next time.

Imagen the public shame of having to walk like a cowboy for the rest of the day because you sprinkled the last time you tinkled?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Thats rediculous. We just need junk shots on ID's and scanners at the bathroom doors. That real liberty and freedom.

You hold your genitals up to the genital reader and if you haven't had any cleanliness problem in the past three months than the bathroom door opens for you?

That might work ... all it would take is one go in the old pantaloons to teach a guy (or a girl) to be cleaner next time.

Imagen the public shame of having to walk like a cowboy for the rest of the day because you sprinkled the last time you tinkled?

That works.

I was thinking you scan your ID that has a picture of your whoha or Nani and then something scans your crotch to make sure they match up before your allowed access to a bathroom.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Let's take a look at what we just witnessed:

1) Willful ignorance

The practice or act of intentional and blatant avoidance, disregard or disagreement with facts, empirical evidence and well-founded arguements because they oppose or contradict your own existing personal beliefs.

2) Lack of empathy or compassion - If their children were affected by these laws, they might feel differently?

3) Dismissivness - Transgender women aren't women

4) Reductive thinking - People are either their penis or vagina

5) Some of this

6)Some of this

originally posted by: aethertek
These desperate attempts to stifle human social progress are the last gasps of a dying rabid animal.

7) Yeah

What needs to be or what can be done to help people see these laws are unjust, discriminatory and damaging and harmful to the transgender children and people they are aimed at? What does it take to get people over their fear and ignorance of transgender women as sexual predators or threats to OTHER WOMEN in an effing bathroom.

I work my ass off here to bring some understanding and awareness of these issues, do my best most of the time to be polite, helpful and informative and ask myself everyday why the hell I even bother. Hopefully, when threads like this take a hard right turn people can see for themselves how desperately some cling to their conservative, religious or political dogma that refuses to consider not everyone is like them and social attitudes have progressed beyond the 1950's.

I need to keep reminding myself no matter how hard I try, some people will never change and it isn't worth my energy to keep trying and to move on. Some will though and for them, I'm not going anywhere.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Nah don't go.

I may argue but I also ponder afterwords.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

That works.

I was thinking you scan your ID that has a picture of your whoha or Nani and then something scans your crotch to make sure they match up before your allowed access to a bathroom.

I think we have just reached the point of godwins law ... wich states ... and I quote:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Whohas or Nanis approaches 1"
edit on 10-4-2016 by ButsDuge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join