It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: Annee

Annee, can you help me read his his "trans suicide statistics"
I'm really confused. Cancer?

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: imjack
a reply to: Teikiatsu

SOURCE PLEASE.

I did say 'unspoken rule' but if you need a place to start...

www.cbc.ca...

There's some kind of weird hoax going on with Bohannon.

I'm still not sure what the deal is.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ButsDuge

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I don't care where men and women go to the bathroom ... their taking a $[! or piss for god sakes ... something I don't want to get in the middle of to be sure.

You know what I hate? ... having to take my daughters into the men's room because they have to $[! too and I'm the parent on duty (see what I did there)

I say we learn how to keep the bathrooms clean before we worry about who's using them....

Than again maybe we should stop some people from using them ... it might keep them cleaner.

Bathrooms are much less of an issue, to be sure. Women will be using stalls no matter which gender they think they are. Men who think they are women wouldn't have any choice but to use a woman's stall.

Open locker rooms and showers are the much bigger issue.

I say they should make everyone use a stall; and make them sit down. Get some kinda sensor thing going where if your not sitting it takes your picture and displays it on the front of the stall.

Just like the theory that says more guns makes gun violence go down ... because an armed society is a plight society...

If all buns must be seated you might think twice about the next guy (girl) ... in the hope the guy before was thinking about you.

Open locker rooms and showers? ... change and cleans your self in your own dam house ... it's not that hard. Don't work out minuets befor that big meeting and youll be fine.

Thats rediculous. We just need junk shots on ID's and scanners at the bathroom doors. That real liberty and freedom.

Like a three strikes and your out kinda thing?

You hold your genitals up to the genital reader and if you haven't had any cleanliness problem in the past three months than the bathroom door opens for you?

If you've had a cleanliness problem your locked out of the public bathroom?

That might work ... all it would take is one go in the old pantaloons to teach a guy (or a girl) to be cleaner next time.

Imagen the public shame of having to walk like a cowboy for the rest of the day because you sprinkled the last time you tinkled?

That works.

I was thinking you scan your ID that has a picture of your whoha or Nani and then something scans your crotch to make sure they match up before your allowed access to a bathroom.

I think we have just reached the point of godwins law ... wich states ... and I quote:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Whohas or Nanis approaches 1"

True and I hope it illustrates the absurdity of trying to enforce such a dumb arse law.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Does anyone know if somehow a transgender / lgbt religion can be made to have religious freedom?

I am half serious

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Does anyone know if somehow a transgender / lgbt religion can be made to have religious freedom?

I am half serious

Not my bag but this one works for a lot of folks. At least when it hasn't been twisted to fit someone's agenda.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Freija,

Don't be disheartened by the few detractors.
Some people will never be accepting of that which they've been programmed to disparage.
Nothing will get through to them, nothing will alter their "belief".

& I say to toss with them then, push on with progress, you have the numbers & momentum.

Remember it's not the vocal fanatic who's mind you seek to change but the unaffected observer who cant understand what the fuss is about.

K~

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

I am half serious

Not my bag but this one works for a lot of folks. At least when it hasn't been twisted to fit someone's agenda.

I meant officialy to gain legal status and hold arguements within the courts. Like Satanists and others have done to say get monuments erected (which really was just a way to prove a point and get prayer out of school or religious monuments removed )

Could some kind of LGBT church gain religious freedom arguements in court.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I understood what you mean. Like Fa'afafines in Samoa.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I understood what you mean. Like Fa'afafines in Samoa.

Yeah. But also kind of how these religious groups keep making laws for religious freedom and Atheists exploit them by making up religions and getting statues of Satan set to be put in town square. The Christians usually back down before this happens.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Yeah like turning their game against them.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Yeah like turning their game against them.

Exactly.

I was just talking to my wife about this crap. We are both so sick of it. She is even Catholic and can't stand it. She had a trans student hide in her office (from the bull crap) all day Friday (we live in the South) and she really is incredibly empathic. So she came home pissed.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I meant officialy to gain legal status and hold arguements within the courts. Like Satanists and others have done to say get monuments erected (which really was just a way to prove a point and get prayer out of school or religious monuments removed )

Could some kind of LGBT church gain religious freedom arguements in court.

I got what you meant.

No answer for that but it inspired me to make a new sign:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Annee

would you feel comfortable in a women's restroom with him/ her...whatever!!!

seriously, the way restrooms are set up at least here in the US, I hear it's different in Europe, is dehumanizing anyways! if we truly have the right to privacy, then well, this is one of our most private bodily functions, we deserve more privacy than that!

You don't get enough privacy sitting in a stall?

Have you been in NC since this nightmare?

Glory Holes are EVERYWHERE!
edit on 10-4-2016 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

you could use the christian bible...
my employer wants me to deny a room to this couple because they are of the same sex.. I know that because of the xyz conference in town that all the hotels are rather booked, and I just can't in good conscious deny them knowing that they very well may end up sleeping in the street... I want a religious accommodation!
you law requires me to force this transgender very male looking but born female to use the ladies room, I can't do this, I have to think of all the other women in that bathroom who doesn't know he is transgender and well might freak out when he enters.

or really you don't need a religion, only a sincere belief that something is wrong.... like, oh, I don't know, I can't mow my grass!! I know that each little blade can feel the pain when it is sliced up! it's cruel!!! science has proven that plants do feel something akin to pain and will send out a warning that is received and reacted to by all the neighboring plants. the courts can't judge the merit of the belief you claim to have, just that you do act according to that belief. it can't sit there and decide this belief here is worthy of protecting, but this one isn't. it has to just accept that this is your belief, and well, decide weather or not the gov't, employer, ect has an justifiable reason for interfering with your actions, or inactions, and weather or not the gov't or employer could have found an easy, not too cumbersome alternative making you do it.

but, well, as long as they can't prove that you aren't doing your best to follow that belief in your daily life, I don't really think the belief or weather it's part of any religious doctrine matter much.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

you could use the christian bible...
my employer wants me to deny a room to this couple because they are of the same sex.. I know that because of the xyz conference in town that all the hotels are rather booked, and I just can't in good conscious deny them knowing that they very well may end up sleeping in the street... I want a religious accommodation!
you law requires me to force this transgender very male looking but born female to use the ladies room, I can't do this, I have to think of all the other women in that bathroom who doesn't know he is transgender and well might freak out when he enters.

or really you don't need a religion, only a sincere belief that something is wrong.... like, oh, I don't know, I can't mow my grass!! I know that each little blade can feel the pain when it is sliced up! it's cruel!!! science has proven that plants do feel something akin to pain and will send out a warning that is received and reacted to by all the neighboring plants. the courts can't judge the merit of the belief you claim to have, just that you do act according to that belief. it can't sit there and decide this belief here is worthy of protecting, but this one isn't. it has to just accept that this is your belief, and well, decide weather or not the gov't, employer, ect has an justifiable reason for interfering with your actions, or inactions, and weather or not the gov't or employer could have found an easy, not too cumbersome alternative making you do it.

but, well, as long as they can't prove that you aren't doing your best to follow that belief in your daily life, I don't really think the belief or weather it's part of any religious doctrine matter much.

I was talking about the legal arguement through the legal system. Not peoples interpretations of the law as much.

If I have a satanic recognized religion by the government I can impise my satantic principles through my bussiness.

Or you could just see how stupid this is and understand the seperarion of church and state is one of the most important things to ever happen to humanity. For both sides

In your situation you can also have a very feminine transgender female in the mens room. Which is dangerous for the person who society is demanding recognise their superstitions.
edit on 10-4-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

let's take kim davis' case for an example, she wouldn't let any of her deputies under her issue the same sex marriage licenses.. if even one of those deputies had piped up and said, I can't do that, I sincerely believe that it is morally wrong to do this, to deny something that the supreme court said this couple has a right to have and held their position on this, well, little kim would have had to either suck it up and grant the reverse accommodation to her deputy as she was asking her employer (the gov't to give her) or well just fire the guy, who then could have taken his case through the courts just as she did. I have no idea just how the courts would have ruled for the guy, it wouldn't have mattered since well, it would have clearly portrayed the insanity of the whole thing, show just how different even people who claim to be the same religion can believe and well oppose each other.
we don't need groups of people petitioning the courts for the rights to put up a satanic sculpture next to the one of the ten commandments, that isn't upholding the separation of church and state as much as it's extending the right to impose religious icons in places where they don't really belong to any group who has the money and backing to afford to go to law and fight for it. what we need people who are willing to risk their job, who when the gov't, or their bosses, come in and try to use the religion to treat groups unfairly and make the employess, or citizen do something that they feel is cruel, or is endangering others, ect, to speak up and say that they just won't do it and their reasons for the moral position that they have.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I agree. I think the Satan statue was to prove a point. When all else fails some civil disobedience or media attention is all that's left.

Why not compromise and put IP the categorical imperative instead of the ten commandments.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

When all else fails some civil disobedience or media attention is all that's left.

One order of civil disobedience coming right up!

#PeeingForPat: North Carolina activists perfectly troll state’s anti-trans governor Pat McCrory

Activists Are Now #PeeingForPat to Troll Transphobic N.C. Gov.

N.C. NAACP Promises Sit-Ins if Lawmakers Don’t Repeal HB 2

Leaders with the North Carolina chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People have issued an ultimatum to the state’s legislative leadership: repeal the sweeping anti-LGBT law known as House Bill 2 by April 21, or face sit-in demonstrations at the general assembly.

Time Warner Cable News reports that leaders with the statewide chapter of the national organization are embarrassed by what they call “Hate Bill 2,” which rescinds all local LGBT-inclusive nondiscrimination protections and requires transgender people to use public restrooms and locker rooms that do not match their gender identity.

“We are the laughing stock of the whole nation,” said Rev. William Barber, president of the North Carolina NAACP at a press conference Saturday.

North Carolina's Anti-LGBT Law Worst In Country

Sit-ins held across UNC system schools in response to HB2

UNC President’s Compliance With Anti-LGBT Law Enrages Students Across North Carolina

North Carolina’s sweeping anti-LGBT law, HB2, has hit the state’s public university system, and the students are not happy about it. Across the various campuses, students and faculty have been holding a variety of protests and occupations demanding better by their transgender classmates and colleagues.

Transwoman debates spokesman from the Family Research Council, an organization recognized as a hate group by the SPLC.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Exactly. Nice work

I have fairly conservative parents who are getting up there in age. Even they think this is rediculous. I don't know other than a minority of sensational Christian right people who are for this crap.

I am a libertarian. Hardly a leftie.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

North Carolina Loses 400 Jobs as PayPal Pulls Facility over ‘Bathroom Bill’

Good!
And many, many, more to come!
Pressure and humiliation and isolation and derision and laws are all tools to herd unethical idiots into socially acceptable behavior!
Perhaps starvation through lack of employment might skim those hateful self-righteous ignorant garbage genes from the gene-pool?

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Know what? Forget it.
edit on 11-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join