It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electric shocks due to stupitidty... I hate them a lot.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I've been popped by 440. Shorted out welding lead.
My pectoral muscles contracted so hard I was sore for a week.
I am now cautious to the point of paranoia with electricity.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
.... And that is why there is a norm (IEC 60364-7-701:2006 "Part 7-701: Requirements for special installations or locations – Locations containing a bath or shower") about using RCDs in bathrooms.

Never understood the lax ideas about secure electrical installations in the USA. Far below international standard and really dangerous. Should be improved really quick. But that will not happen, because.. well.. international standards.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Next time make sure you are using a fully conductive metal handle screwdriver.

If your gonna do something right,... yada yada yada.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I only shocked myself once and it wasn't pleasant, so I feel for you. I was doing something on my PC and hit the power by mistake. I had the button depressed still, so I put my hand in the case, hoping to be able to unclipped the button from inside. It wasn't the clip setup I was hoping for, but a chip. I got a vicious jolt and just stuck to the computer. My brother bricked it and ran off, which was nice. Don't know how I came away, but felt it was a close call.

Stupidity prevails once again.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Electricity follows the shortest route so you as I did got a jolt that went in and out of your finger.

If you grabbed the live in one hand and the neutral in the other then you would be in trouble.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Looking on the positive side(see what I did there?) This thread appears to have sent my Karma score over the threshold for a nice silver stat border!

I prefer it to the green as its a more neutral colour...

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
.... And that is why there is a norm (IEC 60364-7-701:2006 "Part 7-701: Requirements for special installations or locations – Locations containing a bath or shower") about using RCDs in bathrooms.

Never understood the lax ideas about secure electrical installations in the USA. Far below international standard and really dangerous. Should be improved really quick. But that will not happen, because.. well.. international standards.

NEC 210.8 Requires ground fault circuit interrupters to be installed near bath, sinks, etc. They work real well but Mr. Nonspecific lives in the UK and was, by his description, working around and older device with the plug receptacle in the trim of the light fixture. # happens. I'm confident the UK and the US have code just as redundantly safe as the one you work with. Don't let that put a damper on your superiority complex, though. We all need something to make us feel good.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So I guess this would be a bad time to ask you to have a look at a small problem I have in my kitchen? I have some beer. a reply to: nonspecific

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine
So I guess this would be a bad time to ask you to have a look at a small problem I have in my kitchen? I have some beer. a reply to: nonspecific

Not the best time if I am honest mate, you should see my rant about mates rates and helping out.

I am split between 2 neighbours at the moment, waiting for easifill to dry in one house and tile adhesive in another and running some timber through the table saw at my house while I wait.

Unless the problem you have in your kitchen is a bottle of ten year old malt whiskey and a large cheese board with a 15 year old tawny port that you cannot finish on your own because you keep getting distracted by the roller skating topless cheerleaders demanding to be motor boated then you may be on your own.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join