It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is done, illegals will soon be able to vote

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Newheretoo

Read the thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Thank you for sharing your input. Yes, this law has been in place but it is obvious that it does effect our politics. These individuals do not have an actual vote but these districts need to recognize them for government funding in their districts. Federal $$$ means they have a voice even if they are not voting. Though, personally, children under 18 have their parents voice already! Prisoners lost their voice when they decided to subvert the law! Illegal immigrants are not that much different than criminals. They should not have a voice...if they want want one...they need to come to America by legal means.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Consider a city with 100,000 registered legal voters, surrounded by farm country with 100,000 register legal voters. Threshold is 25,000 people per representative. City gets 4 congress-critters, rural area gets 4 congress-critters. Suppose the city really has 50,000 illegals. So they get two more congress-critters due to the higher population. They will outvote the rural or suburban vote.

That still doesn't give the illegal residents the right to vote. And, there are still 50,000 people spending money on food, rent, utilities, and using public roads, hospitals, schools, etc. We can't pretend that these people don't exist, are not there "consuming" and paying taxes just like the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Newheretoo
It doesn't give illegals the right to vote!
It counts children and legal residents who are not yet citizens,ever hear of them?

It's useless trying to get a child to understand something.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Repeat yourself - don't - doesn't matter. You're not making going to change reality

You don't want Latinos to vote. Because they might subvert our government? Into what?

OK - since you won't discuss this any further, maybe you'll explain what you meant by this - from your OP:

I'm afraid for our future. I don't think passive resistance will work anymore it's time to kick it up a notch.

You see - I know that the economy has turned up the heat on people's frustrations. I realize that demographics - are making people a little extra nuts. The world is bonkers - I get it

Ordinarily I would just chalk all this up to stress and anger - and an election year. But I've begun to see what kind of scary chatter this particular election year is dredging up

When your average Joe starts making statements like the one you just made - we all need to worry for real

edit on 4/4/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

we have communities all across this nation that are being stressed out by the immigrants, do you agree with this statement? their school system might run into unique problems because of the sudden influx. their law enforcement might need special help if the mexican drug gangs move in, ect. so, well, their populations are much higher than other districts in the nation, but it's no reflected in the representation, since well, most of that population isn't acknowledge.
now let's say those communities want to ask the gov't (ya know, the ones that are at least partly responsible for that sudden influx since that are the ones that are supposed to be controlling the border) for help with a problem, a bill is brought up in the house of representative, but since well, they are underrepresented in the house, well, they can't gain the support for that bill, because well, the bulk of the power in the house is held by representatives of districts that don't have that problem because they never had that giant influx of immigrants!

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Newheretoo

Read the thread.

I don't need to,just look at your title you stated that illegal aliens will soon be able to vote which is not true.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I see your point.

So how what do we do?

The solution seems simple to me stop illegal immigration.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Your problem is your assuming I'm talking about Latinos but I'm talking about illegal immigration as is everyone else.

Stop just stop already.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Thank you for sharing your input. Yes, this law has been in place but it is obvious that it does effect our politics. These individuals do not have an actual vote but these districts need to recognize them for government funding in their districts. Federal $$$ means they have a voice even if they are not voting. Though, personally, children under 18 have their parents voice already! Prisoners lost their voice when they decided to subvert the law! Illegal immigrants are not that much different than criminals. They should not have a voice...if they want want one...they need to come to America by legal means.

I was losing hope.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Newheretoo
It doesn't give illegals the right to vote!
It counts children and legal residents who are not yet citizens,ever hear of them?

It's useless trying to get a child to understand something.

Welcome to ATS.

It's almost comical.
edit on 4/4/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I was losing hope.[/quote
a voice doesn't equal a vote

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This thread

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Nah I don't think so I think my point was proven. I'm sure you read past the first page though.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

a reply to: MrSpad

Children are still legal citizens.

If ten million Chinese people move into Texas should Texas have an equevilent amount of delegates to match the population?

Stop. We are dealing with reality and not fantasy. Tossing out random fantastical hypothetical does not change that illegals are not voting, no new law has been passed and things are being done the same way the have for most of out history. Your entire op was based upon ruling that did not change the law. Nothing has changed. You can try and obfuscate that all you want, change the narrative etc, but, in the end your were wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Sillyolme

Why would we give areas with more illegals electorates based on non citizen population?

Because representation according to the Constitution is decided based on population, not based on eligible voters.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Your not paying attention in not rewriting anything.

Your seriously going to try to label me a racist?

This is a serious flaw that can be easily exploit by countries like China who can send millions of people here with the Agenda of subverting our democratic process by creating a massive voting block illegally.

It doesn't create a voting block. It creates more representatives for that district. Those representatives look after the needs of people who live in that district. Some of those people are illegals who still get some needs looked after because it's better for the legal citizens who live there too but it doesn't actually give those people a voice.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
onequestion, you are right. Most everyone is purposefully avoiding the intent of your complaint on purpose just to attack your speech. Even Phage, one of the few here who usually understands the intent of a strange message like those of imjack, but then refuses to see the more clear English here.... hmm.

Lots of people here get the point, don't mistake that; but they don't like that you don't like that illegals will be represented, which by the transitive property gives them power of the vote. No, they aren't casting ballots, but they are casting presence.... and in the Presidential election, that matters a lot more. Electoral college decides, not the popular vote. So this is even more important than your trolls' argument that illegals don't get a vote, because in this way, they most certainly do.

Give the grammar and accuracy lessons after you have acknowledged the intent of the OP, will you? I see one brave and wise person fighting off a herd of arrogant teens. Sad story is you're all probably adults... and that makes me shudder.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

What changed tho? The op is saying this decision gave them them the ability to vote, but how can that be the case if nothing new happened.

The only people with a vote is those that can go to the polls, end of story.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Electoral college decides, not the popular vote.

1) The popular vote of a state determines the vote of the electors of that state. Because illegal immigrants cannot vote, they have no effect upon the votes submitted by the electoral college.

2) The law challenge which as stricken down by the Supreme Court (unanimously) may have indeed resulted in fewer electors for a state had it stood, reducing the power of that state in Presidential elections. Reducing the power of the voters of that state in Presidential elections.

3) The same holds true for elected representatives of a state. While the number of congressmen is determined by the population, those representatives are still elected by a majority of voters. Representatives are not elected by nonvoters. Representatives do not get reelected by ignoring their voting constituency in favor of some purported agenda on the part of nonvoters.

edit on 4/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join