It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is done, illegals will soon be able to vote

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don't understand your reply

What does it matter who is voting if they are citizens?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

See my latest reply.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't see how drawing electoral districts according to the actual population of an area, as opposed to the number of registered voters in a district, leads to illegal immigrants being able to vote.

Consider a city with 100,000 registered legal voters, surrounded by farm country with 100,000 register legal voters. Threshold is 25,000 people per representative. City gets 4 congress-critters, rural area gets 4 congress-critters.

Suppose the city really has 50,000 illegals. So they get two more congress-critters due to the higher population. They will outvote the rural or suburban vote.

It's known in the UK. Labour's power base comes from the high-density inner cities with high-rise council housing, apartment blocks and terraced streets. Conservative's power base comes from the countryside and the wealthy suburban areas. Because of the difference in population densities, Labour MP's have smaller areas than Conservative ones.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

it's whether not weather. just saying. my grammars are bad, but still..

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

actually, if my understanding is right, some states count them, some don't. the court just said that the states were free to choose the method they wanted. when they come up with the district lines, all the districts are supposed to have about the same population numbers, so each district representative is representing about the same number of people. the republicans, at least I believe if was them didn't like the idea of counting anyone but the voters because well, that would leave out large segments of the populaton that generally don't vote. if you remember right, the republicans have been know to fiddle with the drawing of those lines in the past to better serve their purposes , and I imagine them doing this was just another tactic so that could fiddle with more leeway.. but well, if one area is filled with lots of kids, who don't vote, and another is filled with significantly fewer kids and you base it on just the voters, well, you aren't representing the american citizens equally, are you, just the voters. it would stand to reason that it's possible that the nation's children could suffer because well, they aren't being considered.

but well, the court gave the states the right to decide which way they would go on this, you'd think those conservative republicans would be happy about it. I mean, I thought they were all for state's rights?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I'll reply here - to your edited reply:

Your not paying attention in not rewriting anything.

Your seriously going to try to label me a racist?

This is a serious flaw that can be easily exploit by countries like China who can send millions of people here with the Agenda of subverting our democratic process by creating a massive voting block illegally.

And don't forget the Muslims - I've heard that's an actual thing - the plan is to out breed us - supposedly

But, who is us?

Which legal citizens do you approve of?

You can't change what's to come - if you love this country the best thing you can do is to stand up for the laws that really do make this country great. As it turns out - that's exactly what's just happened. What you were hoping for would have put more power in the hands of a few

From my earlier link:

“It’s no accident that this case originated in Texas. The forces that filed the suit and pursued it all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court reflect the dark and dangerous view that power should be concentrated in the hands of a very few. Keep in mind that current Texas leaders adopted and have spent millions of dollars defending discriminatory redistricting and Voter ID laws. Their recent actions have created an environment that encourages and accommodates those who hold basic civil and voting rights in contempt.”

What kind of country do you want to live in? One that willingly trashes our rights now - in order to prevent imaginary invading hordes from trashing our rights in a fictional future?

edit on 4/4/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: BubbaJoe

What about title transfer and paying property taxes?

As someone else stated, the county doesn't care who pays the property taxes, as long as they are payed. Title transfer is just filing a document with the County recorder, anyone can file that too, as long as it has the proper signatures. Just because someone is illegally in the US, does not mean that they do not have a passport or other legitimate ID from their home country.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

There's 11.5 million ilegals here that's not imaginary.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Correct, it still represents what I see as a problem.

It could easily be a Trojan horse, I'm not saying it is but very easily could be couldn't it?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I'll reply here - to your edited reply:

Your not paying attention in not rewriting anything.

Your seriously going to try to label me a racist?

This is a serious flaw that can be easily exploit by countries like China who can send millions of people here with the Agenda of subverting our democratic process by creating a massive voting block illegally.

And don't forget the Muslims - I've heard that's an actual thing - the plan is to out breed us - supposedly

But, who is us?

Which legal citizens do you approve of?

You can't change what's to come - if you love this country the best thing you can do is to stand up for the laws that really do make this country great. As it turns out - that's exactly what's just happened. What you were hoping for would have put more power in the hands of a few

From my earlier link:

“It’s no accident that this case originated in Texas. The forces that filed the suit and pursued it all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court reflect the dark and dangerous view that power should be concentrated in the hands of a very few. Keep in mind that current Texas leaders adopted and have spent millions of dollars defending discriminatory redistricting and Voter ID laws. Their recent actions have created an environment that encourages and accommodates those who hold basic civil and voting rights in contempt.”

What kind of country do you want to live in? One that willingly trashes our rights now - in order to prevent imaginary invading hordes from trashing our rights in a fictional future?

Some of these folks want to live in a country where only old rich white guys have the right to vote, just like the founding fathers originally set it up, the hell with anyone who wasn't male, white, and a landowner.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

But that still doesn't give illegals the right to vote, as claimed in the OP.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Yes I know I'm an old rich white guy who hates other races.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

But that still doesn't give illegals the right to vote, as claimed in the OP.

Please quote.

link   

There's 11.5 million ilegals here that's not imaginary.

They can't vote. If amnesty provides them with a road towards citizenship - then they will be citizens and only then will they be allowed to vote

How is this a problem?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

No seriously I'm not repeating myself.

There is already a path to citizenship it's being ignored.

Not by tens of millions of other nationalities though.

None of them do I have a problem with effecting the outcome of our politics.
edit on 4/4/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

We won't be able to hold onto this country if anyone can come vote weather they are citizens or not.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

And once they're citizens, what's the problem?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Your not even reading the thread unless you update yourself on what's being discussed I'm no longer responding to you.

Reread the thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

but the same can be said about the children, what if one area has a larger amount of children than the other, shouldn't that be reflected and well, a little more power be given to the area that has the larger population because they have more ichlldren? otherwise, we could kind neglect the children in our laws if some in society decides they just want to get as far away from the children as they can, which, to be honest, I think could happen if it isn't already.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It doesn't give illegals the right to vote!
It counts children and legal residents who are not yet citizens,ever hear of them?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join