It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all Illegal Immigrants...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If you are an illegal immigrant and wonder why people don't care for you the reasons is simple. My grandparents came here from Sicily legally and help pay taxes that built the schools, buildings, and infrastructure you use today for free. Without your contribution to tax you are taking advantage of the things very hard working people slaved for.

I also hear people say illegals are entitled to government benefits. Umm no you are not. Maybe from you country but not ours.

I don't support Trump, nor am I a racist. I believe everyone is welcome to this great land, but not paying taxes you are stealing from others including yourself. You are making yourself vulnerable to lower wages, no government benefits, and no other rights as well. If you like it here become legal as the rest of the people that make up America have done since this country began. Almost all of us came from another country, but those people did it the right way...
edit on 3-4-2016 by samlf3rd because: Misspelling

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: samlf3rd

I do not disagree with your post but why is it in the introduction forum? Regardless, yes you touched on the meat and bones of the issue. There is nothing wrong with immigration so long as it's legal.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What if they do pay taxes?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Big difference between migrating legally through channels and fleeing as refugees from disaster, war, poverty, whatever.

Are we talking US, EU, or in general?

if migrating, then fore-planning is presumable. If a refugee, they come with mostly nothing . How they gonna pay taxes early on, they need a helping hand.

edit on 3-4-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Interesting where is the blame for the American industries(Agriculture,construction,hospitality) with big lobbyiest pockets that are giving them the incentives to come here illegally by giving them jobs?

What would happen to those those industries and our economy if you really stopped illegals from coming here?

Welcome nonetheless

Follow the money, big Corp industries are benefiting from relaxed illegal immigration policies and they not only have no intention of stopping it but they couldn't without severely impacting the economy.

BTW trump is associated heavily in two of those industries.
edit on 45430America/ChicagoSun, 03 Apr 2016 22:45:05 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What year did your grandparents come into the country?

Are you really comparing the immigration process during your grandparents time to the process that we have in place now?

Chances are if your grandparents didn't have a PhD in engineering or another STEM field or if they weren't sponsored by an employer, they would have had to come in illegally also
edit on 3-4-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Shouldn't your thread be in Spanish, if directed to the majority of immigrants.

por favor lleve chichirones el pollo dulce y acido.....

edit on 3-4-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Where is Scisily ?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: samlf3rd

Almost all of us came from another country, but those people did it the right way...

Lol. The "right way". After decimating and subjugating the indigenous population.

Good one.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I do not disagree with your post but why is it in the introduction forum? Regardless, yes you touched on the meat and bones of the issue. There is nothing wrong with immigration so long as it's legal.

Lol wrong forum... Can someone move it to the right place?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
What if they do pay taxes?

They most certainly do pay taxes (like sales taxes and tolls and to some extent, property taxes because even if they live in an illegal basement apartment they are contributing to the property owners property taxes.

Side note: Those who rent out illegal apartments should be cracked down upon.

What illegals don't pay is income tax, which is a huge problem (an issue that those that hire them are equally guilty).

Then there is the issue that has bothered me for a couple of decades....

Those who subvert the immigration system and "sneak in" have ZERO medical screenings and bring x-diseases/infections with them.

If it wasn't so serious I would find it comical that ever since this latest so called "unaccompanied monors" invasion.... You have multiple school districts around the country that have "mysterious" serious illnesses affecting students that have also "welcomed" students from various third world Central and South American nations.

Edit to add: Simple searches reveal that many of the "mystery" illnesses are endemic of the nations that the school districts have "welcomed"

I suppose that is just a coincidence though

edit on 3-4-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Then perfect. If they want citizenship they should be entitled to it.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
Some might pay income. Though good chance most do not.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Because it seems the greatest issue is not paying taxes, but there are those that do. Sure they may be a minority, but they exist.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Where is Scisily ?

Non ricordar il capestro, in casa dell'impiccato.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: samlf3rd

Almost all of us came from another country, but those people did it the right way...

Lol. The "right way". After decimating and subjugating the indigenous population.

Good one.

Long after the Indians...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: eluryh22
Some might pay income. Though good chance most do not.

Unless they steal someone's Social Security number how can they be paying income tax?

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Big difference between migrating legally through channels and fleeing as refugees from disaster, war, poverty, whatever.

Are we talking US, EU, or in general?

if migrating, then fore-planning is presumable. If a refugee, they come with mostly nothing . How they gonna pay taxes early on, they need a helping hand.

In general. There are lots of helping hands.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

it is an island off the coast of Italy in the Mediterranean sea

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I remember the Vietnamese boat people arriving in our laps on west coast after Saigon fell. They just arrived, didn't mostly speak the language, had no job skills. Had to be buoyed up for a bit….

That meant they got a free education to a job skill they chose, a free apartment for six months, 400 per month per child, a free car, free lunches and guaranteed jobs in Silicon valley, a bunch I trained personally at our company.

I though it was the least we could do, having so screwed up their country and all. Not everyone shared that opinion.

As far a culture clash, some of the people got off the boat in SF Harbor, wandered into Golden Gate Park, made camp, caught and killed the ducks and geese in the ponds and cooked them over open fires they started with firewood gathered from the trees.

They were amazed at this American Park, it was empty of people and the ducks didn't run away.

At my moms company a lady broke both her legs trying to go to the restroom. She had never seen a toilet before, stood on the rim and slipped.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join