It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all Illegal Immigrants...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: samlf3rd

If strangers walked onto my property and took up lodgement and used my facilities/amenities and took advantage of me without asking, I'd be mighty pissed and kick them out on their ass, pronto, as soon as I found them.

Now, if, on the other hand, they knocked and asked, there is a good chance I'd allow them to stay, after I'd asked a few questions and checked them out first....and they agreed to obey my rules and laws and contribute accordingly.

It's not rocket science, it's just high maintenance and requires vast resources to maintain a zero tolerance policy on illegal immigration. In the end, the policy of reducing to a minimum the number of illegal immigrants in the community would ensure the culture, traditions and essence of what makes that country and her citizens unique are protected and maintained.

We both know that securing borders is a secondary measure to stop illegal immigration - the primary measure of course is to encourage an environment in their native country conducive of freedom, happiness, safety and equality where they would not have a desire to immigrate.

A healthy community thrives when all it's members contribute in a positive way.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: eluryh22
Some might pay income. Though good chance most do not.

Unless they steal someone's Social Security number how can they be paying income tax?

Not all illegal immigrants are paid under the table,most I know use a fake green card and a made up SS number,that way they get paid by check.
This is possible because most jobs they apply for don't do background checks,you won't see an illegal immigrant working as police officer or other jobs that require background checks.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
What if they do pay taxes?

What if they came here legally?

Does Mexico allow people to come in from other countries? Do Mexican nationals fight tooth and nail to let Guatemalans cross the border and work in Mexico? What about people from Bolivia looking for a better life. Can they flee by the millions into Mexico, are you ok with that?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
And it's not even the slightest bit ironic the Goverment pays Elites in Tax credits to the tune of millions of dollars? What's even more ironic is the majority of Tax Credits are unclaimed, only making Elites Elite through education of the options available. Only 1/3 of Americans even collect standard Mortgage Tax Credits and this costs the Goverment almost 100 billion dollars a year.

Now consider owning a home isn't exactly the most affluent occupation, and you're even SLIGHTLY involved with business that deals with the Goverment, how are they going to pay you for your services? Tax credits. Will they over compensate you for the lack of cash? Yep.

But you know, they're the last people you can ever claim are sucking away your tax money. Mostly because they never pay it.
edit on 4-4-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
"Without your contribution to tax you are taking advantage of the things very hard working people slaved for."

Rich people and huge companies are evading taxes hiding money in offshore accounts.

I don't see most people getting mad at them for that.

Why this double standard between an illegal not paying income taxes because his employer his paying him in cash, and the 1% who are deliberately evading taxes despite having more than enough to live?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Text
a reply to: interupt42

No argument on American industries , but let's not forget this Administration and Hillary's intention for open borders. Many of these current illegals have been encouraged via our freaking Gov't to ignore a perfectly workable immigration system that processes 1 million LEGAL immigrants per year entering the U.S..

The 'Free Trade' supporters have within that concept the free movement of labor.

edit on 4-4-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

but let's not forget this Administration and Hillary's intention for open borders.

IMO not likely to happen , because if they make them legal workers than they have workers rights, workers comp, minimum pay, overtime, benefits, etc .

The Agriculture , Construction, And Hospitality like the silent undocumented workers with no rights and low pay.

Many of these current illegals have been encouraged via our freaking Gov't to ignore a perfectly workable immigration system that processes 1 million LEGAL immigrants per year entering the U.S..

Yep they like them illegal for the reasons stated above. Its all about the money and 3 large lobbying industries that benefit from cheap slave labor.
edit on 47430America/ChicagoMon, 04 Apr 2016 08:47:36 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Big difference between migrating legally through channels and fleeing as refugees from disaster, war, poverty, whatever.

Are we talking US, EU, or in general?

if migrating, then fore-planning is presumable. If a refugee, they come with mostly nothing . How they gonna pay taxes early on, they need a helping hand.

All the refugees from Syria I have seen, and I've seen a lot, have all the make-up, nicely done hair, hair colouring, damn good luggage with multiple bags, very nice clothes, etc., they look like they are coming back from an extended vacation. Is this the new refugee that travels rather "heavy."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

A couple of bags and a hair do? Extended vacation? Most have been walking for a thousand miles. What drives people to up and do that, walk across a continent from their home to a strange land, in droves. The ones crossing the Mediterranean don't carry luggage btw, just their lives.

If thats what you mean, but I don't know, did you see these at the airport?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Funny thing is that many illegals have jobs and many legals don't.

It it weren't for the illegals who would sow your shirts, do your laundry and dry cleaning, pick your fruit, care for your house and children and mov your lawns?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2
Funny thing is that many illegals have jobs and many legals don't.

It it weren't for the illegals who would sow your shirts, do your laundry and dry cleaning, pick your fruit, care for your house and children and mov your lawns?

Let's be honest,every one wants to make lots of money,you can't do the laundry,pick up fruits and expect to be paid $30 an hour that's not gonna happen.
I do the lawns for some neighbors while they watch tv,that's your problem,paying someone to do things you can do yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Chances are if your grandparents didn't have a PhD in engineering or another STEM field or if they weren't sponsored by an employer, they would have had to come in illegally also

I call BS on that. Both of my grandparents are the offspring of legal immigrants--one family by way of Italy, the other, Germany. None of them had any special skill set or education.

Sure, that's anecdotal evidence, but I also know many people whose immigrant families from "back then" were just normal people wanting to come to the land of opportunity, many of whom had very little or nothing with them when they got here, material or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I can sympathise with what you are seeing over the pond with Illegals entering the states , Same problems in Europe in you come for free everything , Rents have rocketed for homes as a result and all the new schools that were built with private money are now full up same with roads , which are falling apart due to lack of maintenance over the years despite Billions being paid in tax !!.

Why not just build a couple of cities somewhere out of harms way in a country that could handle it , but no they pump billions to other countries as aid every year www.theweek.co.uk...

i know how easy it is for say someone from India to go home then lose a passport
then someone enters straight away on that passport , i have heard this from them ?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SugarDaddy
"Without your contribution to tax you are taking advantage of the things very hard working people slaved for."

Rich people and huge companies are evading taxes hiding money in offshore accounts.

I don't see most people getting mad at them for that.

Why this double standard between an illegal not paying income taxes because his employer his paying him in cash, and the 1% who are deliberately evading taxes despite having more than enough to live?

You really don't see people getting mad for that? We just all look the other way because the fight is to big. We have enough to go around, but that is because our tax dollars pay for such things. Not to pay for those who don't. I am really not pointing fingers or trying to brew hate. I really enjoy people that are different and I love embracing their culture. It just does a lot of harm to our economy is my big point.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You're not following the monies. What the illegals steal from tax payers are nothing compare to what the corporation are stealing from us. Just look it up. The problems you mention is a drop in the bucket compared to corporation tax shelters.

From shell companies to shady accountings. I have a few friends in the industries and the problem is bad.

Just look at the NFL, they are a non profit organization...

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
if one is breaking the law to come get the lower wages, then that would mean it's a living wage. Kind of makes the argument of the $15 minimum wage useless.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Illegal immigrants aren't stealing US jobs.

American employers are giving them away.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

That would be the spanish or mexicans as they are currently known.

Good one.

My ancestors came from Ireland, Norway and Switzerland. They never decimated or subjugated anybody.
edit on 5-4-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: samlf3rd
You really don't see people getting mad for that?

No. I see people voting for the guy who wants to build a wall at the border, and not for the guy who wants to fight white collar crime and tax evasion.

Hence most Americans simply choose the wrong fight if they really want to tackle this "I don't want to pay for those who evade taxes" problem.

Immigrants have always been perfect scapegoats so you don't have to look at your own internal issues.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Illegal immigrants aren't stealing US jobs.

American employers are giving them away.

Both are true. But you highlight the solution. I would go after anyone hiring illegals and go after them hard. That's the only way to solve this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join