It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina Owns the Falklands....!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just let Argentina try to take it.

Oh, yeah............ they made that mistake once....

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There are myriad conflicting claims globally for wide swathes of the continental shelves, so this Argentine claim is probably seen as fairly simple. Go on UN, sort out all the competing claims for the North Pole, or the South China Sea. See what I mean!

Here's some interesting info on the claims

Here are all the other claims You can look up the Argentinean claim and see the diplomatic waffle.

On the Falklands and South Georgia et al. I would advise people not research the Argentine history, which is highly tainted by inaccuracy.
edit on 30/3/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's ridiculous is all, and the state/government of Argentina is a moot point now as there is no way they will take the islands without major help.
Help no other nation is offering. Unlucky, perhaps the established society living on the islands can now plan their own futures...with the help of the UK government and territorial oil revenue lol.

edit on 30.3.2016 by grainofsand because: typo/clarity

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Lol responding to you is a waste of time...I just wasted 15 seconds...adieu
edit on 30-3-2016 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: peck420

Lol responding to you is a waste of time...I just wasted 15 seconds...adieu

Lol, why did you then?
I never reply to bitch that it was a self chosen waste of time...Whinge much?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Dude shut up

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100
a reply to: yorkshirelad

But surely due to the fact that the population is transplanted and of British origin it's not quite that straight forward?

Only about 1.4% of the population of Argentina is of native origin.

Demographics of Argentina
edit on 30-3-2016 by 11andrew34 because: grammar

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
First I think that it is important to note that this is not a UN declaration nor a resolution. It is the results from the study of a commission who notes that their is a dispute in ownership of the Falklands and never settles that issue. It holds no weight, not even a resolution does either. The current stance of the UN General Assembly is the issue should be settled peacefully between the UK and Argentina.

With Argentina's current push to reconcile with the US I would not expect much to come of this, it is after a requested study from 2009.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

The UN is an abomination trying to keep everyone at war and divided in quagmires.

Disband the UN.

What a crock. They arent ineffective and useless, that is their mission...to make everyone ineffective and useless.

They are once again brewing war between two peoples. It is settled. Has been for a while.

Why even bring this up again?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

No problem, I've said what I wanted to.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I offer myself to teach English to the Argies, and Spanish to the Falkland islanders.

Win win for me.

I am truly egocentric btw, just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: grainofsand

Dude shut up

I could not have that better myself Sir.

If I was 12 years old and had no idea what I was talking about that is.

If not I would have tried to say something bore beneficial to my argument.

That is just my own opinion however and you may choose to counter any argument in anyway you see fit.

Dude.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
LOL argentina owns the falkland island slol. The waters next to them yes but the Islands? NOPE.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm sure that behind the UN declaration is a decision to return the Falklands to Argentina so Argentina can pay it debt to the banks with oil and gas revenue.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

This is not the same / similar committee that tried to tell the UK Assange was free to leave was it.

I doubt the ruling will go anywhere. Argentina lost the first time they tried there luck and will not succeed the 2nd go around.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

and when was Argentina founded? What nation was responsible for European settlements at the time? Ironic Argentina lays claim to an island the British owned prior to the creation of Argentina. Argentina had a chance to regain the Falklands by allowing a self determination vote under the UN charter.

Argentina refused because they knew they would not win the vote.

Spain has more of a claim to the Falklands than Argentina does. Spain lives in the real world where Argentina does not.

If we are going to go down this road then Kaliningrad should be returned to Germany and the Kuril islands to Japan.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: yuppa

and when was Argentina founded? What nation was responsible for European settlements at the time? Ironic Argentina lays claim to an island the British owned prior to the creation of Argentina. Argentina had a chance to regain the Falklands by allowing a self determination vote under the UN charter.

Argentina refused because they knew they would not win the vote.

Spain has more of a claim to the Falklands than Argentina does. Spain lives in the real world where Argentina does not.

If we are going to go down this road then Kaliningrad should be returned to Germany and the Kuril islands to Japan.

Ummm why so serious dude? I was MOCKING ARGENTINA.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Yet Spain, who claim Gibraltar another British Overseas Territory that wants to remain British, cynically supports Argentina, while conveniently forgetting their own colonies in Africa!

It's a mad world. Thankfully the British are at least consistent!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join