It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study links periodic mass extinctions to "Planet X"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I would say that him being right about a planet is even a stretch. More like a lucky coincidence. Nothing about the description, orbit, size etc resembles his "idea".

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: canDarian

I'm no expert on planets or even space. I stick to IT, but I've always wondered what if things weren't hitting or coming to us but instead the other way round.

since the video link wont work properly for me...

www.facebook.com...

by Chronico because: typo

edit on 31-3-2016 by Chronico because: Vid not working through the ytube option

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronico

Technically that video is how the sun, planets and moons move through the universe.

I do think it is slightly misleading though, as the whole galaxy is what is moving, not just our solar system.

Star for you though

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

As i said, no expert here. that's why I'm more or less asking in a vague way. Curious is all. I love space and anything to do with it. but every expert says something different at times so it truly confuses me. Maybe that's why I like it so much!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronico

Nothing wrong with asking questions and trying to find answers. That's what science is all about after all

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
blatantly lie about what they know about the example of the USSR Stalin's times, and they will tell the truth it was a million years ago, what they do not know 100%

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
A lot of confusion can be dispelled if you don't associate an astronomer's use of "planet X" and the Nibiru whackjob version of planet X.

The terms are the same, the referents are not.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
blatantly lie about what they know about the example of the USSR Stalin's times, and they will tell the truth it was a million years ago, what they do not know 100%

It might be that I've not been to bed yet, but I don't understand what you're saying or trying to say.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79 they do not know that was a million years ago

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
a reply to: TerryDon79 they do not know that was a million years ago

Are you on about the mass extinction of the dinosaurs? Or some other event?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I actually enjoyed when Bill Gaede explained it in layman terms..

Great resource for american mainstream...
edit on 31-3-2016 by kisin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

just a small OT

You enjoyed the findings? Neanderthal, denisovans etc. Do you think there is a element missing?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: canDarian

This is an interesting idea and I want to hear more about it.

if there was any proof besides grainy youtube videos youd think we would hear more about it.
i mean its a new planet, should be pretty big news, if it was real.

Grainy youtube videos? What are you talking about? Did you read the OP?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Loving the idea of another planet. Although it seems every day there is something new which makes me thing its all rubbish and this has all been figured out years ago but the leaders want us to be spoon fed...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The proof is there..

We have sunken forests on both sides of the Atlantic clearly stating there was a deluge accompanied by plate movement 3600 years ago, Ice core data plus much more.

Us Planet Xers have known this for years, but this article is also very telling and to me clearly says at the very least the establishment is dropping ever more less subtle hints alluding to Px coming soon..

"In the July 15, 1999 paper published by the journal, Geophysical Research Letters, the Sahara desert's arid climate change occurred quickly and dramatically 4000 to 3600 years ago. A team of researchers headed by Martin Cluassen of Germany's Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact research analyzed computer models of climate over the past several thousand years.

They concluded that the change to today's desert climate in the Sahara was triggered by changes in the Earth's orbit and the tilt of Earth's axis. The switch in North Africa's climate and vegetation was abrupt. In the Sahara, "we find an abrupt decrease in vegetation from a green Sahara to a desert scrubland within a few hundred years" scientists reported.

No longer were grasses and other plants collecting water and releasing it back into the atmosphere; now sand baked in the stronger sun and rivers dried up. The scientists do not say what caused the change in the tilt of Earth's axis. "

There's also the small matter of my own documentation of the object called Planet X that I've seen by the sun for two years. I've observed the object for hundreds of hours by bare eye. Get yourselves prepared I'm expecting May/June 2016 this is what my observations and the Eq pattern are indicating.

My photo thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A Zoom in pic of my own from another occasion of the object sporting its 'wings'.

Another occasion and zoom in of my own image, showing the usual red orb this time enshrouded by a dust cloud.

edit on 31-3-2016 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I propose that we use the age-old programmer's naming convention of metasyntactic variables. Because this name is a meaningless placeholder, I suggest we refer to this theoretical discovery as Planet FOO. The next one would be BAR, and then I'm partial to FRED.

That should reduce the confusion of people associating this valid scientific theory with the new age Nibiru theory.

-dex

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

This would be the non-astronomer use of "planet x". It's not what the OP is about.

BTW, that paper you're talking about isn't about Nibiru or abrupt axis changes or nutbag pseudoscience. It's actually pretty interesting and involves the Earth's normal precession.

eta: they certainly DO say what caused the axis change. They explicitly state that it's precession. Whoever wrote that was counting on you not reading the sources, which are free online.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I suggest we use "planet Xa" for the astronomic planet X, the Kuiper belt object, and "planet Xn" for the other one.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

bedlam are you a physicist or a mathematician ?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kisin

Dual masters in physics and EE. They were after me to get my doctorate but I've never found the time.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join