It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbally Attacked By TWO Bernie Supporters In 2 Hours...Unprovoked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It was a pretty ominous day. And I had to share this because it has gotten to the point where I feel like I'm surrounded by an entire city of hostile Bernie fans. I really hope this thread doesn't get canned, but I have to share it, not to politically troll, and I don't even know what forum to put this in.

I live in Los Angeles. The place is basically Bernie central. Keep that in mind while reading the following.

First Incident

Walk into a bar, haven't had a drink in months as I hardly drink, but it was a stressful day. Sit at the bar at the end and there are two women chatting and laughing. The one nearest me is attractive late 40s and attractive, her friend not so much and the yappy one of the two. The closest one to me starts talking to me, we all end up in a convo, everything was going fine.

Closest one goes to the bathroom, I'm alone with the other one. I look at my Twitter feed and laugh at a story I was following which involved Ted Cruz and Trump. I giggled to myself. She asked, "What's so funny?"

I told her I'm following a Donald Trump story and before I could finish my sentence.......

"You're not voting for that guy are you?? He's a piece of #. His fans are pieces of #. What a clown....he's such a clown. You're probably one of those racists or guys that believes women don't have a right to their own body...I can't even believe it.."

I'm just sitting there with my mouth open at this point. It was like a switch turned on. I'm just looking at her in disbelief. She acts like she's getting up to go away. For some reason I blurted out "I'm actually Pro Choice"...(which I am)...and immediately she said "Yeah right...sure you are".

I stopped talking at this point and asked the waiter for the check. Her friend came back from the bathroom and had no clue what happened. She invited me out for a cigarette and I just said I have to go. I drank some water and by this time they were outside. I walked right by them without saying a word and the one who attacked me pats me on my shoulder and said "Nice meeting you"...I said "Yeah"....and didn't even look at her.

Second Incident

So after that I try another bar. I just wanted to relax with a drink. I start talking with a guy next to me. We're laughing at usual guy stuff, thinking he was cool. Hour goes by and I said the NAME Trump. He asked me if I am a "stupid Trump voter". At this point I'm thinking "Not again".

And just like THAT...he starts going off about Bernie Sanders like he was his Cult leader. I giggle at something he says about "Bernie will fix the country in a real way"...while he's just going nuts. He then says "Don't talk to me anymore man....I thought you were cool...I can't even talk to you now"

I'm thinking this was a joke, but he's serious. He walks away with some other dude and they both look at me like I was a convict or rapist. I follow him outside and say "Hey man...are you serious about that"? And he's getting angry telling me to walk away now, saying I'm an "ignorant person who doesn't know crap about politics"...

(Mind you, the guy just met me, and we never actually spoke about politics, before he went into his tirade, not a word.)

At this point I'm angry...so I give him a piece of my mind and he cowers down and call me a "bully" now. And I'm pissed. We get into it, I got heated, I started getting loud because this is twice in 2 hours I've been called names by people I don't after basically saying a NAME...to where I was asked to leave the bar. So I did.

So I hardly slept because I thought to myself, that I can't even speak about a topic with being attacked for it. Mind you, I can handle myself, but I have to wonder now. I wonder if I'm going to end up getting into a physical fight over this? If I speak my mind? Am I going to get into a situation where I end up having to physically defend myself because I merely stated a NAME, or a HINT of an opinion?

I didn't know it was this bad. I've never seen this in my life. Where my political views, or a mere WORD makes me an outcast or villain somehow. I saw something CLOSE to this with Bush (Which I didn't support)...but people were able to talk about it. This is a whole different vibe. And now I'm defensive. I feel like I have to shut my mouth and swallow the words and thoughts because I don't know if something will happen. I thought at most it was just the general disgust, anger, annoyance on their part. It's now getting hostile and aggressive and I'm considering REALLY moving away from Los Angeles at this point.

Today really opened my eyes and I feel trapped. I have to get out. This isn't good.

+26 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I thought they were the tolerant ones.
Why so much hate.
Not enough free stuff for them yet?

+55 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So - you talked politics in a BAR and were met by hostility and aggression?

In other news - water is in fact wet.

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

So I'm guessing you didn't read my post?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

Apparently not.
I thought you were clear about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It works both ways, I support both Trump on certain issues and I support Bernie on other issues. I'd suggest not discussing politics with random strangers. You are going to run into people like this from either crowd.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Nope, I read it - you went to a bar and met a woman who went off about Trump. You went to another bar and were criticized again for being a Trump supporter.

I thought you Trump supporters were all about letting others express their freedom of speech and were not stifled by this "PC," culture? Sounds like you need to recover in a safe-space after being verbally assaulted.

Seriously though - and I don't drink nor go to bars so perhaps I'm wrong - but I wouldn't expect bringing politics up in a bar setting to be the best idea.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Why so much hate.

Hate so much they decided to get onto the Internet and inform random strangers about it?

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Nope, I read it - you went to a bar and met a woman who went off about Trump. You went to another bar and were criticized again for being a Trump supporter.

I thought you Trump supporters were all about letting others express their freedom of speech and were not stifled by this "PC," culture? Sounds like you need to recover in a safe-space after being verbally assaulted.

Seriously though - and I don't drink nor go to bars so perhaps I'm wrong - but I wouldn't expect bringing politics up in a bar setting to be the best idea.

You pretty much summed it up. Drinks and politics probably aren't a good mix if you aren't looking for different opinions. Good call on the "PC" thing too.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
It works both ways, I support both Trump on certain issues and I support Bernie on other issues. I'd suggest not discussing politics with random strangers. You are going to run into people like this from either crowd.

I didn't 'discuss politics'. That was the point of the post. These two incidents happened over a name. Literally a name.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Why so much hate.

Hate so much they decided to get onto the Internet and inform random strangers about it?

Yep, I guess the OP should have went to a Bernie rally and .......
Protested???

+31 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Why so much hate.

Wait a second. Now I'm 'hateful' for posting an experience...in a political forum? To strangers?

This is ATS. Did I miss something?

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Typical from them. I have several friends on my FB wall who have become increasingly violent as they realize the Bern is fading and all it left them with was a scar and a need for ointment.

For a group that's supposed to be so against hatred they sure seem to have a lot of it.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I walked right by them without saying a word and the one who attacked me pats me on my shoulder and said "Nice meeting you"...I said "Yeah"....and didn't even look at her.

Sounds like you were really butthurt about it. I wouldn't put much thought to it. People who attack people over their beliefs are just being immature, but it is a free country. Plus, they were just strangers. Plenty of fish in the sea brother.
edit on 30-3-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
link   

At this point I'm angry...so I give him a piece of my mind and he cowers down and call me a "bully" now. And I'm pissed. We get into it, I got heated, I started getting loud because this is twice in 2 hours I've been called names by people I don't after basically saying a NAME...to where I was asked to leave the bar. So I did.

What's that saying I keep hearing from conservatives on here? Oh yeah, stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. I keep hearing people shouldn't get so upset over words.

link   

Why so much hate.

Wait a second. Now I'm 'hateful' for posting an experience...in a political forum? To strangers?

General word of advice - don't take what I have to say too seriously.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I didn't 'discuss politics'. That was the point of the post. These two incidents happened over a name. Literally a name.

I walked right by them without saying a word and the one who attacked me pats me on my shoulder and said "Nice meeting you"...I said "Yeah"....and didn't even look at her.

Sounds like you were really butthurt about it. I wouldn't put much thought to it. People who attack people over their beliefs are just being immature, but it is a free country. Plus, they were just strangers. Plenty of fish in the sea brother.

"Butthurt"?

This isn't about that. This is about a phenomenon that I'm seeing happen.

If I was simply "butthurt" it wouldn't have been important enough to write about.

I'm actually concerned.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Why so much hate.

Yeah... so much hate in your OP!

Goes to show you how full of poo the Bernie supporters are.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The PC Brigade telling people not to get offended over words.

Wonders never do cease in 2016, It's truly a great time to be alive.

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What's that saying I keep hearing from conservatives on here? Oh yeah, stick and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. I keep hearing people shouldn't get so upset over words.

1) I'm not a "Conservative"

2) This isn't about "words"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join