It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of shots fired, possible terror cell activity in Apple Valley near San Bernardino.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
According to what I have read so far, there were several middle eastern men that fired hundreds of shots at campers and hikers. No one was injured. Im sharing this because of the San Bernardino conflict and shooting last year, and thought anyone living out in these areas should be aware of this. When I was younger and did the desert motorcycle thing, I spent a lot of time camping and hiking out there, and I know just how vulnerable a family would be. Its a super remote area. So, Im just making people aware of the potential danger.

www.latimes.com...

www.superstation95.com... Pics are included on this site.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

It could be something as simple as the men being apprehensive about being of Middle Eastern descent in a country where we are being tweaked by media to fear those people, and they have armed themselves to give them some comfort in case they suffer some sort of uncalled for retribution.

Or it could be that they are members of an Islamist terrorist cell and the authorities just let them walk free, with their weapons.
Who knows?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Probably just a bunch of board campers.

with HUGE kahoonah's!!

“A records check of the subjects, their weapons, and their vehicles was completed," the statement said. "The records check revealed none of the subjects had a criminal history or outstanding warrants, the weapons were registered with the Department of Justice except for the rifle, and the vehicles were also registered.”

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
OP

If they fired hundreds of bullets and no one was injured they where terrible terrorists.
What is this Isis training camp?

On a more serious note: how has this not been reported all over the news? Seems pretty red flag'ish.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I was thinking it could also be Cartels or other gang activity - the screenshots of the text messages said the guys were wearing "turbans" and shouting "Al Akman" (supposed to be Al Akbar?)

I'll wait for more details before jumping to any conclusions. Doesn't sound like there were casualties though

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Tinfoil hat on...Practicing for an attack?

Hat off....a bunch of guys shooting guns in the desert. If I had the cops called every time I went shooting....well, the cops would be really busy just keeping up with me.
We need to be careful to not paint all guys with turbans as dangerous, just because they were out shooting. Maybe that's their way of punctuating their beliefs.
Ever been around a bunch of Southern boys?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ive been a bored camper, with guns too, never once have I shot around or towards other campers.

Just thought it news worth sharing.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Hat back on ...Inexperienced shooters, practicing for an attack, but not knowing how far the rounds will go. I've been shooting with people who just don't realize how easily bullets will penetrate or how far they'll go after that.
Hat still on...this makes me a bit nervous. A bunch of guys in the desert, firing off hundreds of rounds at campers, but the cops find no reason to hold them, even with campers testimony.
Something just doesn't smell right about this.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Mulims with Turbans shouting al akman..??

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You sure they weren't shouting Hackman?
a4.files.biography.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Since when do terrorists shoot. Their way is the way of the rat, the way of the fox, sneaky under cover. They don't outright confront. They slip bombs into knapsacks, send innocent children in to do their evil bidding.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Turbans?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk
Turbans?

Sikhs?

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Since when do terrorists shoot. Their way is the way of the rat, the way of the fox, sneaky under cover. They don't outright confront. They slip bombs into knapsacks, send innocent children in to do their evil bidding.

Several cases of terrorists shooting up beaches in North African resort areas, shooting European tourists.
The French attacks not that long ago... were shootings.
The San Bernandino attacks were shootings.
The Ft. Hood shootings were... let's see.... oh yeah, they were shootings.
Terrorists do shoot people.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

So terrorists are attacking campers now? And too boot, they're terrible shots? This story is so confusing.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

According to law enforcement sources, 17 men of Middle Eastern descent were detained.

Ah, miraculous unnamed and unidentified "sources" that are conveniently never around to confirm their beliefs or opinions.

A caller to 911 reported hearing more than 100 shots fired and seeing several men wearing turbans in the area of the shooting.

Islamic extremists generally don't wear "turbans". Looks like this particular ignorant xenophobe is getting all his little racial stereotypes mixed up.

You know, it's real funny to see the same people who scream about 2nd amendment rights picking and choosing who should be permitted those rights, while also claiming that any sensible law to prevent criminals and the mentally ill from accessing them is unconstitutional - but only if you're white, Christian, American...

So, it seems the average gun nut in the US is fine with the mentally ill and criminals being able to get hold of guns, but if you're "slightly dusky" or have a name suggesting you weren't born in Sh*t Creek North Carolina you're a "terrorist" who shouldn't be permitted those same rights.

Gotta love that American hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Ah, miraculous unnamed and unidentified "sources" that are conveniently never around to confirm their beliefs or opinions.

Did you have a chance to look at the second link in the OP?
It would seem that the radio station is providing some evidence to wonder whether there may be some conspiracy here.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

General comment: might just be me but every news event cannot possibly "terror" related. Nary a day goes by without a "terrorist" terrorizing someone, somewhere. While I do not disagree that there are valid terror activities meritting news speak, I do think the media hypes the slightest sniff of criminal activity into sensational journalism ending in terror plots by the latest named bogeyman.

False flag events, genuine fear of anyone who may be acting "differently", cultural diversity with our immigrant friends from far and wide, all adding fuel to the fire.

I am not directing any of this toward the OP in any way. This thread just offered the platform making my point:
Per the LA Times artcle link in the thread, No crimes were committed. Target practicing is very common in desert areas such as Mojave OHV recreation areas, Jawbone, Dove Springs, Spangler Canyon and others. I still do the campout in the desert as the night skies are breathtakingly clear.

There is not an automatic "there, there" in every event.

We are becoming a nation of scaredy-cat and fearmongers.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Turbans...

I always associate those with Sikh communities more than any other cultural or religious group.

I only associate terrorism with men walking down the road with the heads of their victims swinging from their fists by their hair. But that's just me, I am a reasonable chap that way. If the article is accurate, I doubt that terrorism was on the cards, especially if someone was mispronouncing the battle cry involved. Fundamentalist nut jobs tend to have an obsession with detail in that regard.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ive personally shot thousands of rounds playing guns in the desert, but I have never had law enforcement called. Why? because I make sure it isnt threatening to human life or in a direction people are camping or hiking. There are plenty of remote areas, there is no need to shoot around people.

It could have been the "garden tea club" shooting up the desert, still people should be aware that there are morons shooting too close for comfort. I also posted it as a reminder to folks that you should always be aware of potential risks camping in remote locations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join