It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels: Cops shoot Muslim carrying a bomb in a rucksack after he takes a woman hostage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

With good reason.

There is never a good reason to persecute innocent people with no involvement in bad actions.

How does that explain internment throughout most major conflicts?

Common sense prevailed, or at least it used to.

Yes, innocent people were essentially imprisoned without trial, and without real cause other than they were of enemy origin..and that any one of them could be working for the enemy and create a 5th column of destruction and chaos.

Yet, today...we open the borders to people coming from the lands of our enemies in their millions, and bus them into our towns and cities.

Anyone remember the movie 'Idiocracy'?

It's almost a blueprint for the modern world.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

originally posted by: Shuye

The police state you are asking for is exactly what TPTB and the EU parliament wants. Can't you see?

Police state under Western rule... Sharia Law under Islamic rule...

Hmmm....

Tough choice.

/sarc

Anyone wise enough will stay clear of midland Europe in the coming years...

Summer is coming.
edit on 27-3-2016 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Suspect had no bomb, and he didn't take a women hostage, but he was waiting for the train with his son.
No sympathy tho, guy was a known terrorist.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It was only 400 yesterday. With this incident I would have thought 399.

If we are adding 100 new terrorists every day and only shooting one then I think we have a problem.

It seems this extremism breeds like a bad virus.. It just doubles and doubles until they have an army..

We need to strike this in its heart.. And destroy this evil disease..

Of course that's if the ones in power do really want it to stop which I'm not so sure about anymore.

edit on 27/3/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Belgianbeer
Suspect had no bomb, and he didn't take a women hostage, but he was waiting for the train with his son.
No sympathy tho, guy was a known terrorist.

If this is true just goes to show how Chinese whispers works..
And he was shot in front of his son? Now here is another terrorist in the making with a real hatred and vengeance against the west..

I'm sure though we will clothe and feed him until the time is right..
edit on 27/3/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

With good reason.

There is never a good reason to persecute innocent people with no involvement in bad actions.

Your tip-toe-on-eggshells mentality is why there is an invasion crisis to begin with.

There is a time and a place for sensitivity, and there is a time and a place for a no-holds-bar-get-#-done attitude. Not knowing the difference is what is going to utterly destroy Europe culturally and as a people.

Europe will be known as the frog that showed compassion to the scorpion while crossing the river, and then wondered why the scorpion stung him and killed them both.

That's not a good reason to persecute innocent people.

You're deranged if you believe that is an option.
You know absolutely nothing of Europe.

originally posted by: MysterX

With good reason.

How does that explain internment throughout most major conflicts?

Common sense prevailed, or at least it used to.

Yes, innocent people were essentially imprisoned without trial, and without real cause other than they were of enemy origin..and that any one of them could be working for the enemy and create a 5th column of destruction and chaos.

Yet, today...we open the borders to people coming from the lands of our enemies in their millions, and bus them into our towns and cities.

Anyone remember the movie 'Idiocracy'?

It's almost a blueprint for the modern world.

I remember the Movie Schindler's List better than Idiocracy.
Comedies rarely beat out documentaries.

If you believe in the internment of innocent people we have nothing to discuss.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: jimmyx
what if these attacks started happening once a month in European countries?....or every 2 weeks?.....how would the general population respond?....with compassion?...with understanding for Muslim immigrants?.....

It would probably be met with more violence.

Ghandi said.. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind..
Unfortunately the world is already blind..

...A man who, when faced by danger, behaves like a mouse, is rightly called a coward.

Not knowing the stuff of which nonviolence is made, many have honestly believed that running away from danger every time was a virtue compared to offering resistance, especially when it was fraught with danger to one's life.

As a teacher of nonviolence I must, so far as it is possible for me, guard against such an unmanly belief. Self-defence ... is the only honourable course where there is unreadiness for self-immolation.

Gandhi.

...He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honour by non-violently facing death may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden. He has no business to be the head of a family. He must either hide himself, or must rest content to live for ever in helplessness and be prepared to crawl like a worm at the bidding of a bully ... [When violence] is offered in self-defence or for the defence of the defenceless, it is an act of bravery far better than cowardly submission.

Gandhi.

...Hence also do I advocate training in arms for those who believe in the method of violence. I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honor than that she should in a cowardly manner become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor. - M.K. Gandhi, The Doctrine of the Sword.

And Gandhi again. If you're gonna quote the man, at least give all of his quotes.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Well unlike most nations even our special forces do their best to capture targets alive.
they shot him in the leg.

the part what you said about a new terrorist in the making... Dammed if you do, Dammed if you don't.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

You link in the OP is Jihadwatch. Wtf is that?

Here is a better link from professional journalists that arn't foaming from the mouth.

The identity of the girl who knelt near the stricken suspect at a streetcar stop in the Schaerbeek district wasn’t disclosed. It wasn’t clear whether she had strayed into the line of fire or was related to the suspect, who wasn’t named by prosecutors.

Bernard Clerfayt, Schaerbeek mayor, told RTBF that the arrested man was linked to the Brussels attacks. Agence France- Presse reported a connection to a plot foiled on Thursday in suburban Paris.

Electrician Norman Kabir tells The Associated Press that the man was sitting at a bus stop Friday with a young girl. Kabir says police asked the man “to put the bag far from him” and that’s what he did, but police shot him twice, apparently in the leg.

NATIONAL POST

So the guy is sitting at a bus stop. Police tell him to place his backback away from him. He does that. The polide then shoot him and then snatch a child from him.

Sounds to me like in this case the police have engaged in assault with wespons and kidnapping. But it is ok because people are scared.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think the point many of you shouting for a police state are missing is that parts of Belgium have always been multicultural, especially around our harbour cities.
Some of the greatest minds in history have had sanctuary here in our small country, regardless of race or belief. We have a longstanding tradition of democracy and liberal views and I dread the day this all gets thrown away because of "terror".

There was all kinds of military and police patrolling the streets and airport on tuesday and they couldn't stop the bombings from happening. More police and military isn't going to stop everything, it will sure help but as in all guerilla warfare it won't stop it all.

Putting our entire Muslim population on lockdown is just a fascists dream, that's all it is. I can't even begin to fathom the logistical mess that would bring along, let alone the economical impact from losing so many of our workforce.

Start thinking sober and start adressing the problems at their core, which is the atrocities happening in the countries of origin. Stopping the flood right there would be a much more realistical stand.

I agree something has to happen, but stop obliging the ones that orchestrated this whole mess.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: ReadLeader

This amazes me that they are continuing to strike at one city repeatedly. I'd think, for true impact, they'd hit multiple cities on the same day.

Perhaps the world is lucky that I am not a jihadist.

It's likely that they're having difficulty carrying out their plans right now, given that IS is under massive attack in both Syria and Iraq, and their cells are being tracked down and dismantled at a faster pace than ever before.

They are losing, massively.

It's also likely that there are several groups within our nations who are now cra**ing their pants knowing that if they carry out their actions they're doing it for nothing. Their precious Islamic State is about to be destroyed, utterly annihilated, and they're probably wondering if their "sacrifice" is going to be completely wasted.

Remember, these mental defectives are only doing this because they imagine some paradise after, they believe they're on a "holy mission", but that's a little less convincing when their supposed God or Prophet is apparently sitting idly by doing nothing to help their sick and twisted cult.

They must be wondering how "great" their God really is while their cult is being destroyed around the world.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Balans
Putting our entire Muslim population on lockdown is just a fascists dream, that's all it is. I can't even begin to fathom the logistical mess that would bring along, let alone the economical impact from losing so many of our workforce.

As we've seen from the far-right in Brussels today, these imbecilles are doing the job of IS. The problem is that these knuckle-draggers don't have the intellectual capacity to comprehend the notion.

Both IS and the right-wing nutters have exactly the same goal - they want division, they want extremes, they want to see nations tearing at each other and creating chaos.

Both religious extremists and the far-right need to be treated with the same level of response. Both are equally sick, both are equally deluded, both are equally disgusting and both should be routed out and removed from our societies like the cancers they are.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I cant seem to find anything newer than 2 days old on this story. But unlike the OP's "Jihadwatch" there are more witnesses to this than Islamophobes.

But Belgian media suggested the man may have been shot in error.

Sky's Mark Stone said it was understood the man failed to respond to police because he did not understand French or Flemish. 

"It is a demonstration, at the very least, of just how jumpy and anxious the authorities are," Stone said.

Footage filmed from an overlooking building shows a man lying on the ground, apparently wounded, being dragged away by police. 

Witness Norman Kabir said: "When he was sitting on the bus stop - he was with his daughter, I think it was his daughter, a very small girl.

"The police shoot one time, two cars coming, the police shoot and they take the daughter, his daughter."

The shooting came after security forces cordoned off an area in the suburb of Schaerbeek. A series of explosions were heard.

This is the same district where police found explosives and an IS flag earlier this week, in a flat used by Tuesday's attackers.

The suspect was one of three people arrested today in Brussels, as well as six in raids in the city overnight and one in Paris yesterday.

Two of those arrested today were shot in the leg. Explosives have been recovered. 

One of those detained overnight is believed to be the accomplice of suicide bomber, Khalid El Bakraoui, who died on the metro.

He had been the subject of a manhunt, along with a suspect dubbed "the man in white".

SkyNews

Again. All accounts I have read on this (besides Jihad watch and the OP) have not stated this man had explosives.

It sounds like he couldnt understand the language of police quick enough. So he was shot, detained and his child taken into custody.

And nobody cares.
edit on pSun, 27 Mar 2016 11:29:37 -05002016 137Sun, 27 Mar 2016 11:29:37 -0500amAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Islamophobia is rife right now...
But that doesn't mean you stop fighting terrorism.

That would be akin to suicide or surrender.
Neither of which is an option for us.

Tadaman, "those who would trade their Liberty for temporary safety deserve neither"...

Sound familiar???

No, a Police State is not the answer, at all.

Paranoia is when you "think" they're after you and they aren't, it's not paranoia when they actually are after you, that's called awareness. Islamaphobia is when you "think" you have a reason to be concerned and you don't, it's not Islamaphobia when they are actually bombing you and showing they want you and your culture dead. That's called f'ing awareness.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/27.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You may very well be right. But, you might also be seriously underestimating.

Suicide bombings only involve a handful of people. This should be relatively easy to coordinate.

The fact that it's not being coordinated in such a way...honestly...is what leads me to think that IS/ISIS/ISIL is just another sock puppet.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Islamophobia is rife right now...
But that doesn't mean you stop fighting terrorism.

That would be akin to suicide or surrender.
Neither of which is an option for us.

Tadaman, "those who would trade their Liberty for temporary safety deserve neither"...

Sound familiar???

No, a Police State is not the answer, at all.

I don’t think he is getting at a permeant police state but rather a temporary state of emergency.

The thing is the line now is blurred between fighting a war and civilian police action.

Some tough calls need making.

Freedom does need preserving and barbaric action like torture needs to be avoided. But some tough actions not normally done in a civilian police setting need to be taken.

edit on 27-3-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

It sounds like he couldnt understand the language of police quick enough. So he was shot, detained and his child taken into custody.

And nobody cares.

In our defense, this was a french ops. Belgium had nothing to do with it.
Apparently the guy was a key figure in the attacks in Paris, or so they claim.

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I guess it's not crazy if they are imbedded like ticks in this area...

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: tadaman

There's no point. Thousands more will just come in 12 months down the track. Young Muslim kids who watch their parents get dragged away will turn into fanatics themselves. Military police is a temporary solution.

Quite the defeatist attitude. THIS IS WHY the terror has spread.

I can't believe you seriously said in a nutshell to rollover and play dead. Toss your hands in the air, shake your head and just walk away.

I hope you aren't a parent. A parent against drugs, internet abuse, stranger danger...... "Ehh, they're all out there, growing in force...... I think I'll roll over and go back to sleep, can't do anything about them anyway. Bye son."

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

If you don't want a child to eat candy you take it from them, you don't air drop tons of it for them right? I can promise you they do care, in that what is happening is as it should be and that makes them happy.

If they are multiplying here it's because it's being enabled. You have world leaders playing high stakes poker with people's life's. I mean it's not as if they're at risk. Seems like the days where rulers risked their heads in these matters are long over.

Now it's just blow up the little guy. Stoke fear in the hearts of the mindless masses. People are far more clued in on which celebrity is marrying whom than which official is raping them in the ass. Sad thing is people are taking it willingly. You see, there is plenty of nonsense right here on ATS and we are but a small insignificant pool of minds compared to the world at large.

I mean people know # is messed up but they are simply not willing to accept just how bad. It's more ego then anything. A world full of pussies governed by a very small not pussy group.

edit on 27-3-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join