It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you confident everry thing is all right after you die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
You religious types are some where else.
But there are the others. The non-believers and the spiritual seekers.

Should we feel everything is all right as we breath our final breath?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Yes.

Everything is working as intended.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
As I have not crossed over yet , I cannot answer that question

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

It wont be a choice that you will make. Contentment will envelop you. You will pity those on earth.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Well, I've flat-lined several times in my life for varying lengths of time. In all three events all that amounted for me was a time-lapse scenario. Awake, suddenly unconscious, suddenly awake, all without any notice of time that had occurred in between.

I don't expect anything more or less out of an actual, permanent death.

In fact, I find it rather silly, far too hopeful, and in some cases arrogant to think that some magical, universe-creating being is out there just testing me in this life so I can have a special place in endless-time along side it.

I can't see a universe-creating being caring what a tiny little, very insignificant ape does or experiences after death.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Just because some are religious doesn't mean they are somewhere else. Nobody gets out of here alive regardless.

I guess I think individuals will feel confident in being okay, or not, depending on whether they felt they lived true to one's moral compass while here on earth, whatever that might have been.

It's a curious thought as some leave this world in an abrupt instant and maybe never get the chance to have a thought in that last second.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Absolutely...

two simple rules...

The MAN Covered them... so did others

edit on 23-3-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

"I can't see a universe-creating being caring what a tiny little, very insignificant ape does or experiences after death."

You summed that up very well. Belief in some reward for living is an arrogance probably only mankind would have.

A close friend died for at least 10 minutes before he was revived and he is after 6 months only partially back in his mind but the question remains, why doesn't he remember what and where etc happened to him?

In fact as the body rots unless we had been sold the idea of our having an invisible soul, the afterlife wouldn't be something the religious could make as their claim to significance within our lives.

Having regressed people back to their past lives (which before I trained as a therapist I didn't believe in due to my upbringing) it opens the huge question most people won't face up to which is, if we reincarnate then we don't actually go to some heavenly realm - we can't be in two places at once.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'll allow the far more eloquent than I Chris Smither's lyrics to express my stance better than I could.

I just feel the pulse of universal dancers
They'll waltz me 'til I die
And never tell me why
I've never thought to ask them where we're going

The holy and profane
All helplessly insane
Wishful
Hopeful
Never really knowing

They asked if I believe
And do the angels really grieve
Or is it all a comforting invention

It's like gravity I said
It's not a product of my head
It doesn't speak but nonetheless commands attention

I don't care what it means
Or who decorates the scenes
The problem is more with a sense of pride
That keeps me thinking me
Instead of what it is to be

I'm not a passenger, I am the ride

Peace
edit on 3/23/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

If I go to my grave satisfied that I did my best, then I would be surprised. I say that not because I do not try, but because in any given moment, I have no idea whether or not I have succeeded.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

I have my beliefs but acknowledge that they are just beliefs, so I'm not confident that everything will be alright.

What worries me is that I'll have to see the very people on the other side who I so scrupulously avoided in life.

Another concern is that should reincarnation be a fact, supposing all one does is relive this life until one gets it right rather than go on to a brand new one?

No wonder babies cry so much... and there's a thought. What if one is born with memories of this life intact ? So one moment a person was an independent, functioning adult and the next... Oh, horrors - until they gradually forgot and adapted to the new life.

And don't get me started on what happens if our consciousness doesn't escape the body in some way as it decomposes.

There's a lot to be said for having cosy beliefs in respect of death and the afterlife

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
"You must have faith...that the universe will unfold as it should." Spock

Confident? In what? The arrogance of humans? Because that's what it is, if anyone thinks they know what happens immediately after our essence leaves this body. Whether one calls that essence energy, soul, or spirit, is really irrelevant. I'm confident in one thing. It will either be an unexpected surprise for everyone of us, or we won't know a damned thing, and never will again.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

What happens when I die is inevitable. I can't change or control it.

What I fear the most is not being here for my children. I feel like they still need me here and I worry about my unexpected (or expected) death before they are fully grown.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

What happens when I die is inevitable. I can't change or control it.

What I fear the most is not being here for my children. I feel like they still need me here and I worry about my unexpected (or expected) death before they are fully grown.

I feel this way as well. We can only do everything in our power to prepare them for life without us. Teaching them independence brings me a lot of peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
You religious types are some where else.
But there are the others. The non-believers and the spiritual seekers.

Irrelevant. Whether you die scared, content, happy, sad, regretful, etc has no baring on what happens to you after death. There is no need to "feel everything is all right". Be terrified if you want. It won't change anything. It's the only journey that we have no prior exposure to. So embrace the mystery.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Well, I've flat-lined several times in my life for varying lengths of time. In all three events all that amounted for me was a time-lapse scenario. Awake, suddenly unconscious, suddenly awake, all without any notice of time that had occurred in between.

I don't expect anything more or less out of an actual, permanent death.

In fact, I find it rather silly, far too hopeful, and in some cases arrogant to think that some magical, universe-creating being is out there just testing me in this life so I can have a special place in endless-time along side it.

I can't see a universe-creating being caring what a tiny little, very insignificant ape does or experiences after death.

They're LOVE, Higher Mind, the dial is turned up on all positive attributes, and we are them as well, we're all a part of that Infinite Mind and Love never gives up on us.

Yeah they love us very much. Every single living conscious being is Loved very very very .............infinitely much! Beyond what we even understand.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Heal and overcome flaws, notice self, and have faith in Goodness/Love. If there are things still to work on and change, there will be many opportunities to do this, but don't give up on yourself and allow anyone to take you into the abyss or inner earth.

You are a Sovereign being, not an object to be carted around and placed here and there by others, some bad at that. They don't get you as a source for anything.

We have wonderful homes to return to, and its beyond Good, if you start to yearn for the Equality, Freedom, Growth, Happiness, Family, and start to pull away from earth programs, and wake up.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
They're LOVE, Higher Mind, the dial is turned up on all positive attributes, and we are them as well, we're all a part of that Infinite Mind and Love never gives up on us.

Yeah they love us very much. Every single living conscious being is Loved very very very .............infinitely much! Beyond what we even understand.

This mentality seems to stem from an individual whom has an inability to act for themselves and requires the assistance and attention of others to be stable.

Why would any gods give an ounce of care what mortal creatures, creatures whom will live for less than a blink of time in the grand scope of the universe, whom have no power at all, and can't do anything but live, reproduce, then die?

It makes absolutely no sense.

Unless....

...The concept is dreamed up by people who require an invisible friend to help them through tough times because their own mental capabilities can't handle being alone or unloved.

In that case, the idea makes perfect sense.

Of course, if you have any evidence of your claims then by all means produce it and I will instantly retract my statements

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Absolutely without a single doubt.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You have no prior exposure to, you think. But you do. Many times.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join