It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This video changed my opinion on the refugee 'crisis', probably for the better

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I feel much the same way, I would just find it near impossible to believe that we could actually get that motion rolling just because the countries you mentioned are sadly full of idiots that would rather watch X-Factor or just have no interest in doing so. I'm sure there are a hell of a lot of people who feel the same way, co-ordinating such a thing would be pretty hard too.

Maybe one day though people will wake up and see it, it's true what you're saying though. Our leaders make a whole bunch of sh*t happen and we are the ones that have to deal with it. While they're in their tax haven holiday homes smoking un-taxed cigarettes and laughing at us peasants.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: conz1992

If the number of people coming in increases, then the percentage of evil doers might not change. The total number of evil doers will, but the percentage need not. Therefore, the evil doers remain in the minority, no matter what the total number of migrants might be.

Do you follow that logic?

So, just because a greater number of humans are arriving, does not mean that a greater number, a majority, are going to be evil doers, but it does mean that there might be more evil people around.

However, given that western foreign policy over the last forty years or more is directly connected to how the terror wave which is breaking now, came to pass, I would say complaining about consequences is somewhat weak. We have sown, and so must we reap. To complain about our fear of the consequences of our nations actions on the intelligence front, is unseemly and in poor taste, given the pain those actions, that we paid our governments to be complicit in, have caused.

We need to put on our big boy pants, so to speak, and stop acting indignant about the danger we have put ourselves in by continuing to support agendas which necessitate the proxy war ethic. Perhaps when that has been behind us for a few decades, we might be able to be legitimately in possession of righteous indignation. Until then, keeping our chins on display might be wise.

In South Africa before 1994, there were tens of millions of good and decent people, but then there was also the ANC. The ANC used terror and extortion to increase their numbers, killing both random and designated targets. Why would ISIS not use the same model to increase their numbers? They have people everywhere now. I expect we will see a coordinated effort by ISIS across a dozen or more countries at one time in the near future. It is unfortunate, but when it happens we will have to start exporting these alleged refugees back to their origins.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Want to make so extremists, bomb they homes, kill their children. Now if same happens to you what would you do?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I've noticed some swimming baths in Germany are having segregated swimming because of recent sexual harrassment. Who has won though? Muslims have won havent they? They approve of segregation and so in a round about way have changed western cukture in swimming baths!a reply to: eluryh22

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: conz1992
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You know you've lost an argument when you have to post John Oliver lol.

And as I mentioned in my previous posts and what it mentioned in the video in the OP, most of the refugees are fine. Others are not, what are we meant to do? Excuse a man for raping a child because of cultural difference? Please.

There's many political things that can be done, put out a statement, strengthen boarder control. As for homegrown terrorists I believe we have good enough police force to deal with it. Of course it doesn't mean we're 100% safe from attacks, but at least if the boarders were more securely checked there would be less of a chance of extremists sneaking in

Nope. You've lost a lot when you need J.O. to straighten things up for you. Spare me the rabulistic BS you usually mess with to win arguments on ATS. Nobody on Ceres actually cares what you think about posting this clip, you would still need to substantiate at least one of Breitbarts claims if you want me to take this propaganda crap seriously.

Besides from that you're obviously unaware, that we have laws in place here in Europe to deal with criminal suspects of all kinds. Thanks for sticking your nose in our business, now back the eff up and get rid of this mess some faggots dared to call War on Terror!

Talking about homegrown terrorists... you really think the mil.-ind. complex is not aiming for your money, while filling your head with horrific delusions of fear to do so? We better don't mention this at all if we don't wanna get labelled 'domestic terrorist' as well, do we?

Uuups, blacklisted again. Sorry for the fuzz. Not.

edit on 22-3-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I hope you realise I live in the UK...

Either way...

Besides from that you're obviously unaware, that we have laws in place here in Europe to deal with criminal suspects of all kinds.

Like this?
‘We can’t arrest them’: German police officer speaks out on refugees

A German police officer told media that law enforcement cannot efficiently tackle crime among refugees without being accused of excessive violence or racism, while many dangerous incidents are played down or kept secret to maintain desirable statistics.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
After watching that video, it drew up a few points to me.

Yuri Bezmenov said that when people are demoralized, they are unable to recognise truth, a view that I share. You only need to look and see how our media seems to punt decisive stories written to do exactly that. Our governments have run a successful campaign to divide us all as a society and disconnect from one another. We can't see the good from the bad at this point and everyone is scared.

On the other hand, people will do anything to maintain the status quo and I'd say this is something that threatens that. Part of me can't but help pity how the people of Europe have allowed their apathy, along with their idiot masters to place themselves in this position. I fear that UK may follow suit if Camermong and his band of sellouts get their way.

It was an interesting ending. That Jewish lady made chills run down my spine with what she said and the way she said it about multiculturalism. The insinuation I took away from it was that we get to be very much at the bottom of the pile when this new world she talks of takes shape. I'm neither here or there as far as Israel or Jews but having just recently read some things about how they view us the goyim I can't but help to feel uneasy. There is a slightly racist undertone to British culture probably a throwback from colonial days and this shows in our youth. It doesn't matter how many moderate Jews or Muslims there are, saying we come in peace, your culture is an instrinsic part of who you are and both those cultures have parts that rely upon oppressing others. Are we any better? probably not, but I don't believe in breeding their culture out and we aren't taught this at our schools.

Europe is the proverbial rabbit caught in the headlights.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: auraofblack

Very well said, yeah I did find what she said pretty harrowing too, I've read a few things along those lines though. Especially the things the Muslim clerics were saying in that video too, just because it is a small percentage however doesn't mean it's not a threat. That along with what Nick Griffin said, how there's almost a conspiracy for a genocide of the people of Europe. I hate to agree with him but I can sort of see where he's coming from. It's just crazy how white/British/European people can't possibly stand up for themselves or their own country in fear of being called a racist, I can actually see that point of view now but it's so true
edit on 22/3/2016 by conz1992 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

#ing legend.

Absolutely brilliant post that sums up the western world's hypocrisy to the refugee crisis.

Your views are a rarity on this now.

Cracking post TrueBrit, Bravo.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If the number of people coming in increases, then the percentage of evil doers might not change. The total number of evil doers will, but the percentage need not. Therefore, the evil doers remain in the minority, no matter what the total number of migrants might be.

Do you follow that logic?

So, just because a greater number of humans are arriving, does not mean that a greater number, a majority, are going to be evil doers, but it does mean that there might be more evil people around.

However, given that western foreign policy over the last forty years or more is directly connected to how the terror wave which is breaking now, came to pass, I would say complaining about consequences is somewhat weak. We have sown, and so must we reap. To complain about our fear of the consequences of our nations actions on the intelligence front, is unseemly and in poor taste, given the pain those actions, that we paid our governments to be complicit in, have caused.

We need to put on our big boy pants, so to speak, and stop acting indignant about the danger we have put ourselves in by continuing to support agendas which necessitate the proxy war ethic. Perhaps when that has been behind us for a few decades, we might be able to be legitimately in possession of righteous indignation. Until then, keeping our chins on display might be wise.

In South Africa before 1994, there were tens of millions of good and decent people, but then there was also the ANC. The ANC used terror and extortion to increase their numbers, killing both random and designated targets. Why would ISIS not use the same model to increase their numbers? They have people everywhere now. I expect we will see a coordinated effort by ISIS across a dozen or more countries at one time in the near future. It is unfortunate, but when it happens we will have to start exporting these alleged refugees back to their origins.

Cheers - Dave

The 7/7 bombers were profomandlty British born and raised. The country isn't the problem, its the idea.

I was friends with husseib Hussain who blew up the 56 bus on the London attacks. He went to Pakistan for nearly a year and come back completely different. I spoke to his cousin a few years ago and he was telling me how husseib got manipulated by militants in Pakistan, he was shown the damage the western world has done to Islam and how our society is destroying it's self and the world. Husseib was a nice guy but clearly septible to manipulation .

The same manipulation my friend went through is happening in our country right now, to young men and women. We even indirectly fund these people by supporting the Suadi regime.

We as a nation of people are giving them a reason to believe the # they hear because we are passive to the atrocities our nation's are causing across the world.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Of course, it's the ideology that needs to be squashed out. Which makes it that much harder because where do you even start? There are still people who support the Nazi regime and that ideology.

Except I believe this ideology is a whole lot worse because we have the internet for communication and tbh wouldn't stop them learning a lot about road layouts with google maps etc, easier transport to different countries and all of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
How about we deport all these immigrants and build a wall around the entire middle east? We can have Saudi Arabia pay for it, they definitely can afford it, lol! Let them settle their disputes, and anger among themselves. They've been fighting among themselves for over a century! The last thing the world needs is an influx of violence and terrorism from religious fanatics. The world has enough problems than to deal with their barbaric violence and radical religious beliefs.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I accept that a large portion of any group of Muslims or Jews or any culture for that matter are made up of mostly good people, but is it really just propaganda at work when I say I get this very uneasy feeling when some of these views about us are known to be present in their oldest of teachings. When they start breeding like rabbits which is what is suggested then I think its time to realise that someone is indeed peeing in your pocket whilst telling you its raining.

Interestingly, I clicked on a few more videos after that on the vid carousel and there was one on their where a journalist was asking various Jews what they thought of goyim. There was an old guy on one who seemed to me to playing dumb to the questions they were asking him. Another was saying yes the teachings are true about us becoming their slaves, but we don't need to worry about that because that will only happen if all Jews act like proper Jews........

I distrust my government so much, its obvious to anyone with half a brain that they don't serve us, but. I don't trust their cultures either. If they were really serious as a culture then they would have eradicated some of these teachings, instead they are here today with us. Fair enough, Christians believe in the bible and their are parts in that and things our churches have done that are equally horrendous.......... But, we don't stone our wives for adultery. We don't kill homosexuals. No one is taking peoples body parts for theft and honour killing is not something that rife within our society. It is not okay to have a sexual emergency and go rape a young boy..... This I suspect as do others, is something that is much more rife within their cultures and, I do mean that, their culture. Am I supposed to believe that these cultures are here in peace? Because, I don't.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I guess all we can do right now is try and keep ourselves and loved ones safe, because I can only really see it getting worse from here out for people living in Europe.

Would you support rounding up Muslims and forcing them into controlled camps?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I wouldn't support it no, read everything I've written and tell me what leads you to believe that I would support such an act

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: auraofblack

Well that's just it. The government/TPTB do their own thing, kill some people, make themselves richer etc. and leave us to deal with the onslaught. You'd have to be a fool to actually think our leaders 'care' about us

Like I said, people from the Middle East coming over to Europe is like entering a different world. We live in such different ways, our cultures and traditions clash too much. It would be nice to get along with everyone but that's sadly not the case when a small minority on all sides ruin it for the rest

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I wouldn't support it no, read everything I've written and tell me what leads you to believe that I would support such an act

Good to hear

Your OP is what got me thinking. I thought it was honest and thoughtful, and as you've just admitted that you're changing your thinking to adapt to changing circumstances, I was curious to know how far we as a people are willing to go to feel safe

Honestly - there's no reason for you to feel defensive. I'm just curious and it's an obvious and honest question. Just you wait and see if a certain number of people in this thread don't turn up and say absolutely. Probably before I even finish this post

Let's face it - the times we live in are not stable and they are not stable in more than one category

Authoritarianism is rising in both acceptability and popularity for a reason. People are picking sides. Not to be too drama queen about it (though I'm not sure that's possible any more) but, now is as good a time as any for all of us to seriously consider what our priorities are

edit on 3/22/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Just checking in to say, yes. Yes I would.

I understand that this is not a popular sentiment here, but I think its important for people that disagree to know that some do in fact hold this position.

I feel the same way about Muslims as I do about Christians. They believe in fairy tales and in most cases should not be taken seriously. The major difference being that Christians are benign--Muslims are not.

It seems to me that Muslims want to extend their version of law over people that have no interest in being subjected to it. It also seems that more and more of an admitidly small minority are willing to help that subjigatioan come to fruition through violence. It is in my humble opinion that this must be stopped at any cost.

If eliminating the problematic minority in turn radicalizes more to extremism, then I believe the only solution is total annihilation. What do you do when killing one wasp creates another nest behind you?

I'm just not convinced that a diplomatic or cultural solution can stand up to the religious, brainwashed masses--they are a formidable enemy.

Edit: typo
edit on 22-3-2016 by anon29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: anon29

Just checking in to say, yes. Yes I would.

I undeestand that this is not a popular sentiment here, but I think its important for people that disagree to know that some do in fact hold this position.

I feel the same way about Muslims as I do about Christians. They believe in fairy tales and in most cases should not be taken seriously. The major difference being that Christians are benign--Muslims are not.

It seems to me that Muslims want to extend their version of law over people that have no interest in being subjected to it. It also seems that more and more of an admitidly small minority are willing to help that subjigatioan come to fruition through violence. It is in my humble opinion that this must be stopped at any cost.

If eliminating the problematic minority in turn radicalizes more to extremism, then I believe the only solution is total annihilation. What do you do when killing one wasp creates another nest behind you?

I'm just not convinced that a diplomatic or cultural solution can stand up to the religious, brainwashed masses--they are a formidable enemy.

And two stars already. Right on cue
edit on 3/22/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A German police officer told media that law enforcement cannot efficiently tackle crime among refugees without being accused of excessive violence or racism, while many dangerous incidents are played down or kept secret to maintain desirable statistics.

A sad AfD copper jumping to conclusions here, anything to back up those allegations with? Mind the gap!

Well. As I said: we've got laws in place here, even laws to deal with that mess in Cologne. The Police Union addressed their lack of funding, lack of personell and lack of political backup for years now.
Yes. The cops can't deal with neonazi scumbags in front of burning asylum seeker homes either, same reason different toilet. So tell me, who's to blaim now? How long can you maintain this silly blaim-game before you're going to knock yourself out with inconvenient facts?

The police looks like as a friend and helper. For help but lacks the time. In everyday life, the officials come now barely in evidence. Even worse: The staff shortage is so great that, especially on Sundays and public holidays or no more inserts could be overcome at the same night. According to the police union (GdP) is one of five positions vacant in all four inspections of the county.

emergency from the inspections

Public holidays like a New Years Eve in Cologne? Yep, there you go! Now say "thank you, good Sir" to some neoliberal douchebag of your liking, they're not done with austerity cuts yet. This is just the beginning, fasten your seatbelts!
edit on 22-3-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join