It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't wait for the 2016 election season to be over!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'll admit it I do participate in some of the political threads and I consider myself up to speed on what's going on in the country (USA) in the political arenas.... but damn I can't wait for this election cycle to be over. The amount of useless threads and regurgitation during this election year could make a sane man go insane

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

As soon as this one is over the 2020 cycle will start.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's not even begun properly yet, we have another 8 months of this crap.

Once the nominations have been decided it will only get worse with the two parties going hell for leather on each other.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm looking forward to that.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Don't remind me

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Have to agree, it's just like consumer advertising ;-) Halloween ends, Thanksgiving advertising starts. Thanksgiving ends, Christmas advertising starts, followed by valentine's day, Easter, labour day... Rinse and repeat lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I hear You..It's very annoying hearing the BS from both sides..Guess what? after the election in Nov,the media will talk/gossip about the 2020 election.Rinse,wash,repeat..

edit on 20-3-2016 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I thought they were distracting everyone from the intervention failures in the ME.

Its working…

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't know why politicians think we are enthused about elections. They stretch it out and force us to listen to lies for a year every four years and smaller lies plague our society every year which fuels local torture.

We get so many calls it is rediculous.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I will also be glad when this election season is over.I am tired of having disagreements
with my husband over politics.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I enjoy politics and post threads about it but I gotta agree, I think I'm burnt out myself. I know I'm tired of seeing the front page covered in Pro Trump threads.

Oh ATS, what has it come to, a conservative romper room?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It's torture, and pathetic how the campaigns work in the US. Never-ending drivel trying to round up people with fanfare, lies and shiny lights. Horrible.

Vote for who you hate the least like we do back in Australia. Election campaigns in most other countries are nothing like here in the US as every one dislikes politicians and have no intention of spending time with them at rally's pretending to like them.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Naa
it will be the 2018 2 year cycle screaming how we need to take back / keep those others out of house and state. 2 year election cycle..its always football season.
we get about like 3 months after an election of rest, then bam...back to manipulation and the people out of power doing everything possible to make america suck so they can blame the people in power for america sucking (regardless of what side is in and out).

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Agree. I'm fairly sick of it and the media is the worst offender by telling us their perception of the worst of the worst on a daily basis.

Here is how I'm dealing with it at home: I watch ten minutes every morning of CNN or BBC. That's it. That's a compilation of the worst things that occured in human culture from the previous day. After that, if I watch anything, it is either a movie or a history or science feature.

I don't have a facebook account, and I don't tweet. No shame to it, but for me it's just another avenue to wade in the deep brown.

When people approach me on the street wanting to talk about U.S. politics, I often say, "I can't vote. Therefore, it's not my fault."

On ATS, I go where I have to, and measure things against the T&C and consensus of staff. Once in a while I will post in a well thought out thread, reminding myself that I am doing so voluntarily.
edit on 20/3/16 by argentus because: BBC, Not BBS, although the latter might be more accurate.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Does election season ever end? The propaganda is always there. After this election the 2018 midterms begin.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The only end will be the "yaaawwn" , # slinging commercials, only to be replaced by more big Pharma commercials

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Me too, its 95% negative Trump on the news every day. " How to Stop Trump" for the last two months.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Medicator
Me too, its 95% negative Trump on the news every day. " How to Stop Trump" for the last two months.

Listening to his insane BS isn't any fun either.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Medicator

Any other wanna-be politician, that would hurt. What I see is that negative press toward Trump only makes him stronger. Why? Because he doesn't have a filter. He says what he thinks. Romney railing against him only made his proponents like him more. Any press is good for him.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The world ending in May-July this year is looking better & better. Anything to not have to listen to the political drivel anymore!
edit on 21-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join