It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ive had enough of everyone pointing out what's wrong with America

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I agree there is a lot of America bashing on ATS and to be frank it's mostly done by disenfranchised Americans.

For others around the world, born and bred in other countries, it almost seems like to many in the US make it pretty easy to criticise.

The US seems to be so corrupted by corporate greed that even the 'democracy' the US is so eager to spread is basically redundant these days.

The largest economy in the world yet you have lower education standards amongst a larger number of people per capita, higher infant mortality rates, the highest medical treatment/healthcare costs in the developed world, higher rates of people living below the poverty line then virtually any other developed nation on the planet, gun violence so out of control that the US IS the laughing stock and the yard stick for what other societies actually work to avoid becoming and yet the second amendment seems to Trump the right to live in a safe and free society. You have entire states who want Creationism to be taught as an alternative to Evolution in biology and have allowed the extreme religious right to infiltrate the echelons of the various branches of local, state and federal government. Sarah Palin, Michelle Bachman, Ted Cruz to name just a few.

Now, the most recent laughing stock is that there seems to be so many in the US who cannot work out the difference between being frustrated with the way your political system is dysfunctional and furthering the dysfunction by even considering a self serving, arrogant and narcissistic Baffoon as Donald Trump.

It's frustrating to sit in another part of the world and watch what was one of the greatest countries/societies the world has seen walk down the path of implosion.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
America is like that dude who can't help but to tell everyone what they should do and how to do it better, but when you tell him what HE should do better he gets really mad and tells you to mind your own business.

Also this:

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
It seems one half of America hates the other half

Is 100% correct and one of the biggest problems in America since forever: North VS South; White VS Blacks; Christians VS Atheists; Democrats VS Republicans.

I don't know of a single country in the world that is more polarized than the US.

It's like Americans cannot for the love of God define what they are besides defining what they are AGAINST

What about not caring for others and focusing on yourself for a change, Americans?
edit on 21-3-2016 by SugarDaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The reason why were the greatest nation on the planet

i was put off by this part. this is why people dont like America. They think they are gods gift to the world and feel the world owes them something

Reasons dont like America
- Massively Corrupt government
- Gluttony
- More Gluttony
- Fat person in the UK, is a slim person in America
- Ignorant to most other cultures
- Very patriotic
- Propaganda - huge propaganda (people dumb enough to beilve most of it)
- Bad education systems
- huge racial issues (UK we dont have black on white crime we have integrated very well)
- Fluoride in water
- Inside jobs 9/11 - kill there own people for financial gain
- Send aid sure - to wars they have fabricated or started
- Change the English language - put "z" instead of where the "s" should be
- Division of cultures and race
- CLAIMING YOUR THE GREATEST NATURE ON EARTH!!!

claiming your the greatest nation is terrible, just shows how bad of a nation you really are. You maybe good at certain things which i cant think of, but dont mean you the greatest nation on earth. UK good for its health care and their educational system but dont mean we are greater than anyone else, we just have positives and negatives to our country like all others.

being the "greatest nation on earth" tells me you dont have much more to learn because you are so awesome...trust me your nation has so much to learn! maybe look at other similarities within counties rather than differences, this would give you 1 step in the right direction

I'm sick of the America bashing and it's about time we stop that nonsense

You like the idea you have free speech? this must be 1 of the reasons why america is so amazingly awesome.
So how you going "stop this none sense" ??? you wont! - unless we take away one of your amazingly awesome rights

edit on 21-3-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2016 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SugarDaddy
It's like Americans cannot for the love of God define what they are besides defining what they are AGAINST

This right here. As a country, we have no single unifying culture whatsoever to speak of, besides buying crap we can't afford/don't need (consumerist culture) We only have a smattering of genuine cultures, but they're highly localized or religious subgroups (Cajun, Amish, etc) We have people clinging to remnants of foreign cultures brought generations ago, but no real American culture. Brits know who they are. Swedes know who they are. Italians know who they are, Japanese know who they are, etc. We don't. We're all "something"-American instead of just American because in 200 years, we couldn't manage to define ourselves independently from where great-great-great-great-grandad came.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
stop by any Walmart in America and tell me again how good looking you all are, I dare ya.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

People tell me trolls & goblins don't exist but I see that # every time I go to the mall.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The world is a mess because America is a mess, because humanity is a mess. But without America the world would be a total disaster. How Iran, Iraq, Russia, China leaders would behave? Far worse than they do now. Freedom, women rights, you name it … far worse …

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zandra
a reply to: onequestion

The world is a mess because America is a mess, because humanity is a mess. But without America the world would be a total disaster. How Iran, Iraq, Russia, China leaders would behave? Far worse than they do now. Freedom, women rights, you name it … far worse …

Ahaha!

Like you are telling me that thanks to the US, the Saudis aren't beheading people and stoning women?

What a joke.

The world today is a mess BECAUSE of the US. The US are doing jack sh*t about any human right violations worldwide.

Do I even have to remind you that the US legal system is still regularly killing innocent through death penalty?

What a joke your patriotic post is.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join