It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ive had enough of everyone pointing out what's wrong with America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
The reason why were the greatest nation on the planet has nothing to do with our wealth or how smart we are or how good looking.

Past tense? Or you mean we're - we are?

We use our military to try and help the entire world and keep the planet from exploding back into the Stone Age and effectively until the blunder of the Middle East.

Please stop "helping", or you mean helping yourselves to natural resources?

We send aid countries and continents across the globe while our own people are starving at home.

Seems a little counter-intuitive. Is that direct or tied aid?

We innovate and share our technology with the world.

Your missiles and spy tech may well be innovative and advanced, but please we don't want them either, especially when the Japanese/Korean/German/etc technology is so much more advanced and not aimed to hurt or spy on us.

Anyway feel free to add to the thread because I'm sick of the America bashing and it's about time we stop that nonsense.

I don't see how incorrect opinions can harm you, but... Anyway, I'm not an American - so that's the perspective I'm coming from, but I always liked most Americans I met, was always under the impression that your biggest problem was your poliiticians and not your people - a bit like most other nations. I don't even really have a problem with your military as a whole - just the leaders and yeah, I blame Obama, but I also blame Bush (all), Clinton (all), Reagan etc etc etc, greedy, corporatised leaders are a problem from any nation of any colour. For someone on a conspiracy site your opinion seems a tad blinkered, especially as you're openly asking for silence of other opinions.

Unless of course you're just attempting to troll?
edit on 20/3/1616 by jokei because: forget to add something and then I added it

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
In other words "We don't need to make America great again because it's already great."

While we're starting the day on a positive note let's also remember how we pull together for each other in a crisis.
This is not back patting its a reminder that we don't suck....

Please don't pull the mood down with criticism because we have a plethora of threads already to tell us what we do wrong.

Good morning America.
I love you all.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Come for the food dude. Really.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Cheap food is often full of starches and fat to fill a belly but not really nourishing a body.
Meat and fresh veggies cost.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

That's right I'm sick of hearing it.

Just like the fat kid doesn't like getting called fat.

the flaws are evident and not fake, ranting about how crappy the paint job on your house is without painting your house is just dumb.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Velatropa24

Wow score stars for not being nice.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Sometimes it's better to be blunt and honest.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Halfway down the first page and it's already devolved.
Alright well we still need some work on our self esteem or national esteem I reckon.

We're still the nation with organizations like the peace Corp or doctors without borders.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I often wonder whos the most brain-washed

Americans or North Koreans.
edit on 3/20/2016 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

We're still the nation with organizations like the peace Corp or doctors without borders.

Médecins Sans Frontières or Doctors Without Borders was founded in France and it's headquarters are in Geneva.
It is NOT a US organisation, sorry to piss on your barbecue.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

This is a little old, but a little something to cheer you up

And a little something to depress you

The second one is a little long, so a couple of highlights for those who don't have time to watch the whole thing:

- It's not exactly a secret that business that make cars and planes also make weapons of war like tanks and jets. So while it never occurred to me, it makes perfect sense that the pharmaceutical industry would be involved in the manufacture of bio-weapons. Let the implications of that sink in for a minute.

- Fast forward to about 1:15:00. Bayer is in deep financial trouble. Then come a series of media reports on the dangers of a particular strain of weaponized anthrax. Bayer has the the only vaccine for that strain (hurriedly) endorsed by the FDA, Cipro. Bayer stock soared as people bought Cipro. Within six months, nearly 90% of the people who took Cipro suffered some form of brain damage.

- Fast forward to about 1:31:00. By law, a pharmaceutical company under contract to the US Government may perform biological weapons testing on unsuspecting Americans provided they notify Congress in secret. So, theoretically, a company could test out a new strain of flu or plague by putting it in medicine, vitamins, drinking water, etc. and notify a Congressional committee in secret within 30 days. Cool, huh?

There is a lot of worthwhile info in the documentary, I highly recommend watching it all. But the point is some of what you see as bashing America is really just pointing out what's wrong so it can be fixed. If your car pulls to the left, you can either ignore the problem, complain that you have a crap car, or you can find out what's wrong and fix it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Sometimes it's better to be blunt and honest.

And sometimes that old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" is appropriate advice.
Maybe in this case hmmmmm.

Peace dude.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Youre kidding, right ?

We send armies to countries with oil, or that are becoming too free to serve our interests. Look up Libya. We really don't police the world as much as we police those that could stand on their two feet and would cut into the profits of the Koch brothers, or countries that have leaders and political systems that are not okay with the bilderberg group. We essentially are a militia for the elite.

We patent the hell out of every tiny thing and price gouge things we can get away with. We poison food, water with different preservatives, chemicals, agriculture byproducts - being the richest nation in the world, I'd directly blame America for the biggest problems our world never needed. Fluoride in our water? Seeds of plants spliced with a virus or bacteria? Medication that doesn't even heal, but is shoved down our throats and we are brain washed to think that this product that has a several thousand percent mark up is our only redemption, so we pay.

The people have potential. America could be the Golden country of the world once again if we found ourselves in the right circumstances...

As for those that represent us, the politicians, the elite - who use our military as a bully to the world - we have a system that supports the worst corruption in the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I maintain that America has some dang great citizens. We do have a lot of money compared to many parts in the world, and altruism does exist in enough of us to impact other nations in real ways.

I'm just tired of people saying our government works in the interest of freedom for all, and that our corporations work to make the best products with the most innovation and advancements.. Its simply not true.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There are a lot of good people in America. The problem is they are being deceived to give money to charities that blow the money and do not really help their cause. The overhead of these takes up a majority of the money.

Everyone wants to believe what they are doing is good. This is a human flaw. We need to observe if the good we are doing is actually helping out who it is supposed to help or if it is paying wages of people or professionals. Our good intentions often get hijacked by deceivers, sometimes these deceivers do not even think they are deceiving others. They think they are helping.

Welcome to America.

Donate to the Salivation Army and Vinnies, they seem to be pretty honest and have lost money to the scammers. The Humane service provides better service usually than the other animal causes where people will travel half way across the country to pick up puppies and waste the money. They get reimbursement for taking a trip and this is getting abused. Support your local humane society which takes care of your local animals.
edit on 20-3-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Not being nice? it's an honest question. Who the hell, besides America, said we're unequivocally the best country? Hate to smack your patriot ego around, but billions of others disagree with that for valid reasons. Not my fault the bulk of this country plays deaf, dumb & blind about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Ya it is totally not pc to talk bad about America! We don't want to offend anyone right?

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

That's what I was saying. We the people. Anyway I'm getting put in my place so I'm out. This isn't my idea of a pep rally.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Velatropa24

That's right I'm sick of hearing it. The reason why were the greatest nation on the planet has nothing to do with our wealth or how smart we are or how good looking. It has everything to do with the fact that we've taken in 61 million immigrants and given them opportunities they couldn't in their own country.

We use our military to try and help the entire world and keep the planet from exploding back into the Stone Age and effectively until the blunder of the Middle East.

We send aid countries and continents across the globe while our own people are starving at home.

We innovate and share our technology with the world.

We do all these things and more and we have a majority of our population is white! So clearly the racist stereotype is complete bull# so let's put that paradigm to rest too.

Anyway feel free to add to the thread because I'm sick of the America bashing and it's about time we stop that nonsense.

Who said that you are the greatest nation on Earth?

A product of conditioning to think the usa is the greatest nation on earth. Why do you trhink they call it the patriot act? The word patriot has been programmed in every american citizen and just the word patriot act will stop every...or most... americans to think any further. Many countries do not want US aid or intervention with their politics or belief systems.. The US Always know ways to slither itself within the borders of sucvh countries. It is always about making a buck...

The US citizens need de-programing and take a good look about why it has a multi trillion debt and is losing respect in the world. They need to wonder why there is a 2 party system and why the rich get richer and the number of poor people is increasing. I don't say the US is the only country with domestic problems but assuming that the US is the greatest and most liberal country in the world is a bit.... narrowminded..?

edit on 20/3/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

There's really nothing wrong with America that the people can't fix, and there are lots of good people. The problem is the government and inherent corruption.

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join