It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How am I a racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
a reply to: eNumbra

You must be black

Slav and Scandinavian, actually; but that's a rather telling assumption you've made.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I DONT MAKE ASSUMTIONS WHEN IM CALLED RACIAL EPITAPHS

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I DONT MAKE ASSUMTIONS WHEN IM CALLED RACIAL EPITAPHS

And yet, I must be black because I didn't see the point in your rant about how you aren't racist but get called names constantly.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Personally, I can't understand why people are so up in arms about being labeled racist. Being dishonest, unfaithful, greedy, lazy, among other things are traits that are far worse than not liking somebody different. Yet the Left has somehow minimized those traits, or actually made them ok, while the thoughts that swim around in a persons head are the crime of the century. How did this happen to us?
edit on 19-3-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2016 by Arizonaguy because: Typos

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What really gets me is the warning from the mod right now. (No offense to the mod or the warning BTW. Nothing personal but it makes a good example of something.)

The warning is about getting around the filters for certain words, which is monitor vulgar words. However, it always seemed strange to me that just a word can be seen as vulgar or damaging without any attention paid to the context. Because a word alone has no context.

Yet I can be very insulting and hurt someone's feelings without using one of those words at all.

You also can't use some words even if you just reference them for conversation sake. It's like any use of that word is always thought to be used toward someone as an insult even though it's not. Again, no attention to context.

I suppose it's a problem with using automated censors. Or in my opinion just censors period. But it actually is a bad thing. Because it makes some words, even if only used as a reference or by itself off limits. Yet if you just avoid those certain words you can say exactly the same thing to someone as an insult and it is allowed.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You must be black

Aw how cute.
Can't handle someone not agreeing with you?

I for one want to call bs just because anyone can write what ever they want on the internet regardless of what really happened, if anything.

BUT if it did, the lady was 100% wrong and racist if she said that to you. Now that is no ones fault but her own, all this THANKS OBAMA for racist people is so old.
People were racist before he took office, people are sure as hell going to be after. Stop blaming him for everything.

And you didn't get censored at all in your OP, unless you are saying the mods didn't put a mod edit note which I have never seen before.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
yes, you betcha.......or you like to argue.....indeed...I DO think you're trying to be a troll....how is it ok for a SNIP to call me names, yet IM wrong because I'm stating the truth: it seems only WHITES are racists in this political climate.....but honestly.....everything I type will be attacked by you......because YOU like discourse
edit on 3/19/2016 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/2016 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2016 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

ITS ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE AND IF YOU.LIVED IN ROGERS PARK.....YOU WOYLD BELIEVE ME

link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
Personally, I can't understand why people are so up in arms about being labeled racist. Being dishonest, unfaithful, greedy, lazy, among other things are traits that are far worse than not liking somebody different. Yet the Left has somehow minimized those traits, or actually made them ok, while the thoughts that swim around in a persons head are the crime of the century. How did this happen to us?

That's a very good point, well made. Especially in the current climate of labelling all sorts of things racist that aren't.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Yet I can be very insulting and hurt someone's feelings without using one of those words at all.

I had a post removed because I called someone a "simpering walnut" once.

Simpering, accurately describing his posting and walnut, I thought, couldn't be insulting enough to be considered ill-mannered.

One of the reasons I try not to expend energy worrying about what a private entity like a forum decides whats censor worthy.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Now that is no ones fault but her own, all this THANKS OBAMA for racist people is so old.
People were racist before he took office, people are sure as hell going to be after. Stop blaming him for everything.

Excellent point!! Especially in today's highly charged political world. It's gotten way crazy too. Obama has been blamed for so many things it even became a joke. "Thanks Obama!"

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with the neighborhoods of Chicago, so I don't know where you live specifically, but when my husband and I were visiting Chicago 5 or 6 years ago, we ended up getting lost on the (I believe) South side looking for a particular bus route. I was a little nervous because we were the only white folks getting on this bus, but we were treated with nothing but kindness. One lady even got up and offered me her seat because I was out of breath running to catch the bus, and it was filled to capacity. We stayed on the bus until it was at the end of its route, then we spent about 20 minutes talking with the black bus driver, while he gave us pointers on where to go and what to see.

We had a lovely 3 days in Chicago. Have you never met any nice black people while in Chicago? Cuz I have met plenty of not-nice white people in Texas where I live.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Because by you calling them that, it makes you both wrong!!

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

If you want to know why I'm critical of this thread; it's because it's empty.

We have an anecdote, by you, with no evidence (sure, it happens. Ignorant people exist everywhere) that asks the question - "how am I the racist one?" Yet, it's rhetorical, or supposed to be, because you already know the answer. Someone who didn't do anything, according to your story, isn't racist.

But as you continue posting, really, I have to wonder.
edit on 3/19/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I never have called a black person a 'n-word'..not EVER.....but now I know that no matter what I say...white people are the only racists in America

link   

LOL..

That sounds kinda cute actually. Like a term of Endearment. "Aww...my simpering walnut."

I never new anyone could use walnut as an insult. They're even a very popular nut in general. Not like those damn lazy macadamia nuts.

link   

edit on 19-3-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join