It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paris Terror Attack Suspect Shot During Police Raid in Belgium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Paris attack suspect Salah Abdeslam has been reported shot during a large police raid today in the city of Molenbeek, Belgium. Belgium forces have played a big role in tracking down participants in the Paris terror attacks, killing an Algerian who authorities say planned the attacks.

BRUSSELS, March 18 (Reuters) - An Algerian killed in a shootout with Brussels police this week was probably the man sought under an assumed name for plotting November's Islamist attacks in Paris, Belgium's federal prosecutor said on Friday. The prosecutor's office said in a statement that the man known as Samir Bouzid, who was on a wanted list, most probably is the Mohamed Belkaid, the Algerian killed on Tuesday.

news.trust.org...

The raid is being televised across Europe, and results are being updated to the press. Maps released show where these raids are taking place:

Live video of the raid is being streamed here:
www.periscope.tv...
For our French speaking members:
www.lalibre.be... e424
**Update**:

#BREAKING At least one suspect still holed up at Brussels raid site: French police

twitter.com...

The stories of Samir Bouzid and today's raid came as a surprise to many, and certainly to Parisians who want those who committed the atrocities captured.
edit on 7412016482016-03-18T11:47:48-05:0020165am481147 by Boscowashisnamo because: none given.

edit on 7492016582016-03-18T11:59:58-05:0020165am581159 by Boscowashisnamo because: no reason given.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Glad I was wrong earlier.

Should shoot him again in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Apparently, several countries were unaware of the police actions taking place in Belgium to capture the terrorists:

French President Francois Hollande says he has no confirmation of reports Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam has been arrested in Belgium raid - Reuters

White House press secretary says he's unsure whether President Obama has been briefed on Brussels terror raid yet

I believe they planned the raids on immediate actionable intel, and went for it. Bravo!

Editor's note: We are following differing reports on the police raid going on in a Brussels suburb saying that Paris terror suspect Salah Abdeslam has been arrested, and perhaps wounded. The AFP news agency has spoken to a police source who confirms one injury, and a separate arrest, with at least one suspect still inside the site. We'll continue to monitor for official confirmation of the identity and status of those involved.

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
They are saying it shows how many safe houses there are in Brussels probably paid for by ISIS.

Whilst watching it live on Sky News a Policeman had tomatos thrown at him from the crowd. I would be arresting whoever did that because IMO it shows disdain and probably sympathy for the cause.

Anyway they have caught him alive as shot in leg.

My mum has just said how he could he move about all this time without being seen. My response Burkha!

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Nm.

edit on 18-3-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
ATM moment a live feed is running

Live feed

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Interesting that this happened in a Sharia controlled no-go zone which our media says doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Time to waterboard his a$$ and see what he knows.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Or worse...

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Or worse...

Like this?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well, pleased that he was taken alive. He can now suffer the indignity of a trial and justice. Not too impressed by the people who think he should be killed and tortured, like they would do in the violent culture he represents.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Interesting that this happened in a Sharia controlled no-go zone which our media says doesn't exist.

where is this factually mentioned? it would be the first no go zone in the world and the press would make a huge deal of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, pleased that he was taken alive. He can now suffer the indignity of a trial and justice. Not too impressed by the people who think he should be killed and tortured, like they would do in the violent culture he represents.

Since when has his terror cell signed onto the Geneva Conventions?

Out of uniform = Terrorist, in my mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Looks like there was a stockpile of weapons.

Terror investigation uncovers 'a lot of weapons,' Belgium official says,

He was ready to restart something in Brussels

This may have been very ugly, of spun different..

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Salah Abdeslam was captured alive, but I hope he's been kept in solitary isolation so he can't gloat over them.

After all these decades of interrogating crooks, spies, war criminals, etc.., you'd think we'd have something that would have made this guy tell all he knew about the upcoming bombings before they happened, and will happen.

top topics

join