It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Orders Russian Troops to Begin Withdrawing from Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Putin Orders Russian Troops to Begin Withdrawing from Syria

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered his country's military to begin withdrawing from Syria, saying the intervention has completed its fundamental tasks.

In a statement, the Kremlin says Putin called Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to inform him of the Russian decision. The two leaders agreed, according to the statement, that it is now possible to move towards starting a peace process.

"The leaders noted that Russia’s military forces had changed the situation on the ground and inflicted significant damage on terrorists," the statement reads. "The President of Russia stated that with the fundamental tasks now resolved, the main body of the Russia air forces would be withdrawn. At the same time, in order to monitor compliance with the cessation of hostilities, some Russian forces will remain to ensure aviation safety."

Spokesmen for the White House, State Department and Pentagon all appeared to have no advanced warning of Putin's decision.

Click link for remainder of article...

I am not sure what to make of this. Putin had to cut the budget of the military recently due to sanctions. Russia recently had issue with Assad and comments he made about continuing attacks on all forces opposed to Assad. It pissed Russia off to the extent the Russian Ambassador to the UN addressed it and chastised the Syrian government. We have the cease fire with reports of violations by Syria.

I am curious if this was part of the Russian game plan or if something else occurred that pissed Russia off with Assad.

Other Sources -
* - Putin orders Russian troops to begin pulling out of Syria
edit on 14-3-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Russia isn't gonna get caught up in an endless war. they came to help Assad get a foothold and now hes on his own.

And im not sure how the US didn't have advanced warning of this. i was talking about this with my mom like a week ago.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I hope there isn't anything sinister at play here, withdrawing to re position ? getting out before the Nukes fly ? lets hope its purely de-escalation and troop stand down.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Russia did what it said and help get things in better shape.
They probably didn't say anything to the US , so the US wouldn't twist it into something like. .....we told Russia to get out.
Assad was probably pissed because Russia was not picking and choosing terrorists only seeing a duck for a duck and bombing all the terrorists regardless of who they claim to be fighting for. Because in the middle east it is almost impossible to tell the difference.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
With the uncertainty surrounding the US election and what that outcome will be, the continued low price of oil putting a strain on what's left of Russia's economy, Iran's continued rocket tests, and the ongoing hostility with Turkey ...

There are plenty of variables that could add up to a Russian retrenchment of forces for the short-term.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I am curious if this was part of the Russian game plan or if something else occurred that pissed Russia off with Assad.

Well Assad did want to take back much of Syria with Russia's help, and Russia said don't even think about it, so yes it could be a rift between the two that sparked it.

But here is the thing...if things go south at sometime during this ceasefire does Russia come back and help, because Assad and Syria would not be able to handle the onslaught and would be right back at the same spot they were before Russia started helping them.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Already posted not changes on the ground really.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

From my sources nothing changes, s400s still stay in Syria. Those withdrawing are a minor force of the Russian force. They arent withdrawing everything.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
S&F
As of March 13, the war has been going quite well for Syria and the Russian forces. Cease fire...OK... I will say this .. The Russian advisers went in and established training camps for the Syrian military and supplied "know how" to the much demoralized Syrian Army on how to fix much of the equipment they already had sitting around and useless because no one knew how to fix stuff.

Iranian forces might be doing much of the ground fighting now and I will be surprised if Russia pulls all their air assets and missile defense systems out of the region..

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Russia is bolting, from the heavy assault coming, from the Arab coalitions

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Russia is bolting, from the heavy assault coming, from the Arab coalitions

There will be desert sand turned into glass if the Suni idiots invade.. Of that I would bet a drink of your choice on ... Maybe one or two warnings and then "BOOM".
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

They will,OUR idiotic Government is FORMENTING this.
edit on 14-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: 727Sky

They will,OUR idiotic Government is FORMENTING this.

Let's hope we are both wrong.. IMO the only way to stop 20,000 tanks and 350,000 soldiers is the old glow in the dark method or just stand and defend and be over-ran...thus be dead..

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered his country's military to begin withdrawing from Syria, saying the intervention has completed its fundamental tasks.

Bwhahahaaaaaaa!

This sounds familiar!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Russia has achieved more in Syria. Then the west in two years.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Really now?? and you based that off what exactly. The Arab coalitions are facing rather mass losses in Yemen and you say that Russia is bolting, from the heavy assault coming, from the Arab coalitions?

lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn

Russia has achieved more in Syria. Then the west in two years.

Bull and CRAP.

Haven't after 40 years of playing whack a mole 'kill the terrorist' is an exercise in futility?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

A joke in deployment time comes to mind.
They came in ,made noise and now they leave...how impotent.
How long were they there again?
A PR show from Putin.

______beforeitsnews/war-and-conflict/2016/02/world-war-iii-alert-saudis-350000-syrian-invasion-force-could-start-world-war-3-2460320.html Any longer and his forces would have been weakened from munitions deployment.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I have sources and most of them are correspondents.
What Russia did is what the West failed to do and i am going to list it here.

1.Russians air strikes had being targeting ISIS oil trucks which "France being crediting themselves for those air strikes even though the France never did strike anything.

2.The Russian air force have helped the SAA forces have being assiting Syrian Arab Army around Al-Raqqah and ISIS other groups have being encircled by SAA.

3.Just because Russia withdrawn some of its minor doesn't mean it has withdrawn everything. Russia did say if needed Syria can recall their main forces again when needed.

Any longer and his forces would have been weakened from munitions deployment.

Thats funny because i had being hearing from the Anti-Russian posters on the Social Media on how soon Russia is about to collapse to.

Your quite wrong on that though.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Bull and CRAP.

What has the Great West Democratic Forces with the Saudis achieved again?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join