It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Orders Russian Troops to Begin Withdrawing from Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

I never said Russia will collapse but they DO NOT have the military assets for a lengthy fight AT ALL.______beforeitsnews/war-and-conflict/2016/02/world-war-iii-alert-saudis-350000-syrian-invasion-force-could-start-world-war-3-2460320.html Obama NEVER fought to win,he obfiscated and put on a little dog and pony show.
LEFTIES JUST CAN'T fight a war worth a damn, I guess Jarett would suck at chess.
edit on 14-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

before its news is not reablie.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Some is some isn't.
www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

LEFTIES JUST CAN'T fight a war worth a damn

And Right Wingers can fight? just like how Amazing Iraqi war was? or the mess in afghanistan? even if more western troops stayed in afghanistan chaos would be still occurring.

Long occupation would mean more resistance. War lords gain more power.
edit on 14-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

IT'S ALL they DO right, fight and steal money...WHERE have YOU been?
If theres NO money in it,they WON'T let us win the fight, where we CAN and have done so ,ONLY to have the politicians screw it up.
The right nor the left FIGHT, WE DO that,and WE will WIN all of them ,if they would GET out of the way.

EVERYTIME, I guarantee it.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I have said on some threads Saudi Arabia is bugged down on so many fronts they dont have the force to pull an invasion neither does Turkey.

If anything even if they do they would just pile up more losses as they are doing so in Yemen. Saudis are being attacked by their own in Yemen. And they arent doing anything agaisnt the terrorists.

From your link.

Troops from the other five Gulf Arab states – the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar – as well as Pakistan, Malaysia, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Jordan and Sudan are among those participating in the Ra’ad Al Shamal, or Northern Thunder, exercise, Spa agency reported. - See more at: www.globalresearch.ca... ARjwKaA5.dpuf

Pakistan is not on their side. Some of these countries barley have an army, and they are losing in Yemen.
edit on 14-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
newsletter.thaivisa.com...

The start of the negotiations in Geneva offers Putin an opportune moment to declare an official end to the 5½-month Russian air campaign that has allowed Syrian President Bashar Assad's army to win back some key ground and strengthen his positions ahead of the talks. With Russia's main goals in Syria achieved, the pullback will allow Putin to pose as a peacemaker and help ease tensions with NATO member Turkey and the Gulf monarchies vexed by Moscow's military action.

At the same time, Putin made it clear that Russia will maintain its air base and a naval facility in Syria and keep some troops there. Syria's state news agency also quoted Assad as saying that the Russian military will draw down its air force contingent but won't leave the country altogether.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Let's hope the peace talks work.

I think Putin realised that he had two options;

Quietly withdraw now and get Assad to broker peace or risk taking on that Saudi coalition, probably sending the entire middle east into war.

I choose to view this as hope for Syria.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why do we keep assuming that Putin and Russia aren't part of the grand chessboard?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Putin's a hell of a chess player from what I hear and I believe it from what I see. This is an interesting development. I can't help but respect Putin in ways that I don't certain Western leaders.

Putin leaves after saving Assad but not long enough to destroy all of Assad's enemies. And you're back to the status quo from eighteen months or more ago right into a US Presidential election, and some serious political turmoil in Europe. Assad is unlikely to fall after having real soldiers train his for a pretty good amount of time and having the equipment repair and replenishment I'm sure he's gotten. I imagine Hamas and the Iranians are and have been doing more than a little of the fighting, and will continue to support Assad openly. Putin leaving puts the ball in the West's hands, and in the local Nations. Assad is stable, the anti-Assad and ISIS forces against him can't take him if they combined. ISIS is hurt but not dead, and I'm not sure how many of the anti-Assad forces truly exist outside of ISIS anymore. If this hold's in my view Putin set a status quo and left. He's waiting on the next move of whatever players have to move next.

I don't expect it to be the US or EU. Turkey could maybe pull off removing Assad but that would be crazy. A coalition of Saudi, Iraq, Jordan, and the Gulf states maybe could, a combination of Turkey and the Arab states probably could but I'm not certain and that would have it's own consequences possibly excusing rapid and violent Russian and Iranian intervention.

Interesting times.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
omg the speculation is ridiculous. they did what they came to do. they are done, they are easing up.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
omg the speculation is ridiculous. they did what they came to do. they are done, they are easing up.

Because it's Russia and Putin

You'd think that everyone would be happy with this news - there is a glimmer of hope that the war might end very soon. But nooo some are using it as a Russia bashing opportunity instead.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20487021]jefwane[/post
THEY don't HAVE the assets to stay.
If YOU think the MORON running my country is finished you are being silly.
Can you send a Spetznaz to solve it?
YOU CAN arrest him.
MY army won't do it.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

THEY don't HAVE the assets to stay.

You based that fact on what again a source from before its news? yeah sure....

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

America along with the Saudis is responsible for the current chaos. As it was behind the Syrian protest a Color Revolution. If with anything America would prefer if the whole region was occupied by a Sunni influence.
edit on 15-3-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

No things like JANES, other intelligence sources fellow scouts who know more than me.and I HAVE no cellphone to program me.so I'm not a millennial Epsilon.

edit on 15-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

HARDLY, they would be happy with a puppet like the Shah.
The arabs disrupt commerce they HATE that.
edit on 15-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Please use this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mods please lock / delete thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the earlier thread.

Thanks

Thread closed.

<< 1   >>

join