It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Incredible Facts About the Orion Spacecraft

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Buckle your seat belt.
Press here to go down the rabbit hole.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

You're barking up the wrong tree. I never said anything was "incredible ". I asked you, if going to Mars wasn't "particularly incredible" (just in case your recollection isn't on par with your glittering intelligence, you mentioned the phrase "particularly incredible", not me). I answered your query about fact #5. You, on the hand, provided no substance or contributions to the thread - just petty, unsuccessfully attempts at putting words in my mouth (e.g. I relayed the fact it (capsule) will travel to Mars and you began to twist my words by asking about a "design" traveling to a place humans have never been [that qualifies as incredible] because it's obvious [remind me where it has been stated/tested/illustrated that a human landing on Mars is obvious; moreover, not to be confused as an incredible feat - notice I never mentioned the words "design" or "incredible" in my first post]).

Oh goody, you get to walk back your ignorance and possibly add some useful contribution(s) to the thread. I don't expect it, but hope springs eternal and ignorance can be remedied.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Buckle your seat belt.

WOW! That's one hell of a thread...! How'd I miss that one?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Buckle your seat belt.

Care to summarise that thread and point out how it's relevant to this thread at all? I don't want to read walls of text just because you linked to it here.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

I wonder how 4 people are going to sit still for 9 months..

It is still a very small space to just "hang out" in for that long..

The Orion is just going to be used for Earth lift off and landing.
The majority of the trip it will be dead weight.
The living/working area will be a different unit.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46
NASA has become nothing more than a embarrassment to us. All they ever talk about is their big plans to put man on mars,land a submarine on Europa, go back to the moon,mine asteroids, yadda, yadda, yadda. but we can't even launch our men to the space station! We have to buy $40,000,000 rocket motors from Russia!
I have also seen first hand deceit from NASA,faking space walks,etc,etc. I don't have time now but tomorrow i'll post a video of astronauts working on the Hubble, and one of the astronauts has a thumb less space glove on.His bare thumb exposed in space until Houston informs him that hey, we can see your bare thumb.

I can't wait to see this video. Finally..the proof of what you guys have been saying all alone. That nasa is lying to a us! !

I would t hold my breath though...something tells me you are full of hot air and won't be back to post said video.

As for nasa being an embarrassment..they are only using Russian rockets and only temporarily . The Russians have not launched a probe to Pluto or unlocked the secrets of the Saturn system with the INCREDIBLE 10 year Cassini mission or taken gi res images of Ceres.

Nasa bashing is so tiring. All talk and no substance. Like little kids acting big in the playground.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: fartsmeller46
NASA has become nothing more than a embarrassment to us. All they ever talk about is their big plans to put man on mars,land a submarine on Europa, go back to the moon,mine asteroids, yadda, yadda, yadda. but we can't even launch our men to the space station! We have to buy $40,000,000 rocket motors from Russia!
I have also seen first hand deceit from NASA,faking space walks,etc,etc. I don't have time now but tomorrow i'll post a video of astronauts working on the Hubble, and one of the astronauts has a thumb less space glove on.His bare thumb exposed in space until Houston informs him that hey, we can see your bare thumb.

You got that video for us mate?

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
I wonder how 4 people are going to sit still for 9 months..
It is still a very small space to just "hang out" in for that long..
I couldn't do it....

The good news is that you wouldn't have to worry about repeating it on the trip home!

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I may be mistaken... but i thought that Freeman Dyson conceived the idea for Orion....

rumor has it that it went black.

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is the shortest video I could find on the original Nuclear powered Orion. There are other videos about the concept and testing that went on during the development. This is just an animation of what they thought the finished ship would look like. It actually looks like something from 2001 the movie. youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join