It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just had a pharmacy 'decline' to fill my prescription

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey op there is a leaf called mitigyana speciosa, or kratom, you may be interested. It is a medicinal leaf that acts primarily as an analgesic and an anxiolytic.

There is still risk but I think you will find the benefits outweigh the risk of dependency by far.

There is an abundance of testimonies from people who were able to quit pharmaceuticals with this natural leaf.

edit on 15-3-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

i keep it around just in case something ever happens and i cant get my script filled. it hits off those same receptors in the brain and helps with the withdrawals.
thanks though.
i keep red vein around.

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: GoShredAK

i keep it around just in case something ever happens and i cant get my script filled. it hits off those same receptors in the brain and helps with the withdrawals.
thanks though.
i keep red vein around.

Oh good. I am happy to hear it. I think kratom is just wonderful. I use it to completely vanquish my anxieties, for pain management, and to keep my addictive ways at bay.

I am still figuring it out but so far have had most success with maeng da strains .

Going to make my first online order with income taxes .

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This article kept coming up in my newsfeed I was surprised no one posted it.

Hoping to curb opioid epidemic, CDC issues new prescription guidelines

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: obnoxiouschick
What a frigging joke!

First they force doctors to query patients about their pain, first thing with every visit. They punish them if they don't have a record of the level of a patient's pain collected at every visit. They criticize them for not adequately managing a patient's pain, and now they are blaming them for what they have declared as an epidemic of prescription pain medication abuse.

They create the monster, and then they want to blame the doctors, and expect the doctors to fix it.

This is their standard modus operandi. They interfere where there is no problem,. Create a problem, and then come up with BS excuses, and and ineffective cures. And guess who ends up suffering and paying for some lame ass bull crap they dream up to justify their bogus committees, and make it look like they are worth the money they are charging the government.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: obnoxiouschick
This article kept coming up in my newsfeed I was surprised no one posted it.

Hoping to curb opioid epidemic, CDC issues new prescription guidelines

that article is a joke.

The guidelines, which are voluntary, urge primary-care clinicians — doctors, physician assistants and nurse practitioners — to offer patients alternative treatments for chronic pain, such as non-opioid painkillers like ibuprofen and physical therapy, to prescribe the lowest effective dosage possible to patients who do need opioid drugs, and monitor the patient carefully, because the drugs are highly addictive. The CDC also recommends limiting opioid prescriptions for patients suffering short-term, acute pain to three days or less in most conditions, and says that more than seven days’ worth of opioid drugs “will rarely be needed.”

the only way it makes sense is if they literally mean general practitioners and family type docs.
anyone with something like i have, crps or fibromyalgia, etc will be in long term care of a physiatrist or some type of pain management doc.

maybe they are correct. when my mother goes in cause she stubbed her toe she probably dont need vicodin.

i think the problem lies in prescriptions like that. over the years my mother has received a pretty heavy prescription for a sprained ankle and once from a dentist for a tooth ache.
i know both can be painful but IMO those are instances where opiates are over prescribed.

not people in long term care. people that are carefully monitored by their docs and people that self monitor.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
Unfortunately, doctors are not taught much about the management of pain in their studies. Pain Management doctors are just like anyone else. There are good ones and there are bad ones.

Healthcare has been taken hostage by insurance companies and those looking to make a buck.

Healthcare in America is a commodity. It is a business. Americans have to come to grips with the fact that America revolves around money.

Anyone that thinks that any big business, the healthcare industry included, gives a rat's ass about anything except getting them to part with their money, is in need of a huge awakening.

They consider us all expendable, and they are only looking for the next big epidemic, or crisis, they can create or escalate, to generate their desired outcome.

This supposed epidemic was their own creation. Doctors didn't create this supposed problem in a vacuum. They were seduced, groomed, rewarded, and are now being punished, for shifting to a more aggressive practice of writing prescription for opioids.

Members of the healthcare community, especially the nurses, have complained about the push for starting patients with acute pain, with the strongest and most addictive medications available, for years.

If it was suggested that maybe an alternate medication, that wasn't as strong or additive, be used first and adjusted or changed if not effective, it always came back to the "guidelines" and algorithms, that the physicians were being graded on, and whether they would receive the carrot or the stick.

The CDC is a joke. It should stand for Complete Destruction of Commonsense or Criminals Deceiving Civilizations.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

youre right about insurance companies.
my mom gets imatrex injections for her migraines. her copay has always been $40 a month. she went to pick them up yesterday actually and they told her at the pharmacy her new copay is $450.
just like that

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
1. For those of you who think this is a new problem, think again. Since the dawn of human existence people have been downing drugs and alcohol. Up until fairly recently people were hooked on opium and coc aine. Indigenous people in Peru still chew on coca leaves. The cast may change, but the play is is the same. And all this drug use is the symptom not the underlying problem. Hell, even chimps eat fermented fruit to get f**ked up.

2. Pretty crappy how people are so judgmental of the OP on this thread. If he was really such a hardcore addict he would have gotten his script filled-like he did- from his old pharmacy then drifted off into a haze. He wouldn't have bothered making a thread about it. Like a thread I recently created about a drug test. Everyone was Johnny-on-the-spot to accuse me of being an addict and it couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, it's flat out insulting.

3. I've never had the particular problem of being denied medication. But I have suffered greatly due to assumptions of drug addiction. Back in 2011 I suffered a SEVERE manic episode, new onset so I had no way to articulate what was going on. First, I went to an ER was ignored for 2 hours, treated like dog sh*t and finally assaulted by a very large male EMT while I was sitting on a gurney all because they just assumed I was drug seeking. My blood pressure was 168/104 when I came in, I told them that was not normal and I needed something for anxiety. After being attacked, and surrounded by cops and nurses the doc refused to give me anything for anxiety, did absolutely nothing to even try to figure out a diagnosis...then later I was billed $300 for anxiety management!
A week later I was finally taken to a mental hospital (still SEVERELY manic and had been pleading for help every day of that week) the doc there- who's supposed to specialize in this sh*t talked to me for maybe 2 minutes then writes on my chart 'benzodiazapine withdrawal'. Umm..I've never taken Xanax in my life and never been addicted to anything. I don't even like taking pills when it's necessary and prescribed.

4. Bottom line is, the actual drug abusers are ruining it for everyone.

5. OP, if you had a legitimate prescription and they verified it and you were still denied, that's BS. What they did may be legal, but that doesn't make it right.

6. As irritated as I am by actual addicts, I still don't comprehend why people feel the need to treat them like absolute crap. Addiction is an illness and addicts need help too. Not more pills, but help with the underlying cause and compassion from health CARE workers.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join