It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie took Michigan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

I would not count on Idaho because of the large religious voters. They will not vote for Bernie.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

According to the phone bank army its looking good. But they could be wrong of course. I gotta take a close look at the next super Tuesday so I can make some predictions. I've been super focused on the Sat and Sun primaries and Michigan.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
In some ways I'm glad that the MSM is talking about the super delegates to the degree that they are. I think more than ever the public is waking up to the way the system works (i.e. the way the system is rigged).

Bernie was (initially) never thought of as a serious candidate specifically because of the weight of the super delegates from the onset (also the Clinton name check and the idea of the first woman president). But this isn't just a problem because they (the super delegates) throw a lot of supposed nomination weight behind HRC, but moreover they sway a good amount of the democratically-voting public into thinking 'well I guess she's going to be the nominee, so why even pay attention to anyone else'. It's the power of suggestion that the super delegates have that really bothers me.

It's like having all the 'supposed' experts tell you that coke tastes better than pepsi before you even try the drinks (kind of a bad example though, coke tastes better anyway). Let the public decide.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Sander supporters need to wake the hell up.

It is statistically IMPOSSIBLE for Sanders to get the nomination.

IT doesn't matter if by pulling a rabbit out of his snip he did sweep the remaining primaries.

AS Michigan proved when Clinton still walked away with HALF of the delegates.

It simply does not matter. If Sanders wins them all.

Clinton ALREADY has over HALF of the needed delegates to get the nomination.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
a reply to: muse7

She IN NO WAY has the minority vote locked. He's doing great among latinos and getting better with blacks all the time. Something else no one is talking about is Bernie is also going to take all the delegates for Democrats Abroad.

While she do pretty well with AAs in general there are differences when it come to age and geography, a north south divide and an under 40 going for Bernie.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Wouldn't you rather have Sanders run for POTUS against Trump or Cruz?

It doesn't matter, the electoral collage is already in favor of the Democrats again like it was the last two elections.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Wouldn't you rather have Sanders run for POTUS against Trump or Cruz?

I would rather vote for a chimpanzee than any of them.

But hey our options are limited at best.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You're right NEO it isn't *smirks* you can lie and blow-hard all you want. What I have said is all true. Your last post is absolutely false.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I could be wrong but I think the trend is showing him doing better with northern AA than southern ones.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Sure the hell wasn't true when you said Clinton was running out of 'money'.

Money has never been a problem for CLinton.

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
a reply to: Spider879

I could be wrong but I think the trend is showing him doing better with northern AA than southern ones.

Yes that's what I meant the younger more northern AA voters are more likely to go for Bernie, this is played out unscientifically on my Fb pg.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yeah people what I said was 'false' !!!!!

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Current delegate counts.

1221 for CLinton.

571 for Sanders.

Even losing Michigan tonite CLinton STILL walked away with over 50.

New York Clintons home state will most like Vote for CLinton. Thats' 247 right there.

California will most likely vote for Clinton . That's another 475

That would take her to 1,943 out of the needed 2,382.

And that was just TWO states out of the 30 some odd left.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Um, you do know that 461 of those "super delegates" of Clinton's don't really count right now -- right? They haven't signed anything binding and will vote however the popular vote goes.

This is deliberate misleading media information...

All of the easy states for Clinton are over. It's uphill for her in all the others.

Sanders is catching up in PLEDGED delegates, the ones decided by the PEOPLE.

SUPER DELEGATES only cast their vote at the CONVENTION. And at every previous CONVENTION they haven't voted against the person who wins the most PLEDGED delegates (voted by the people).

So keep paddling down that Nile river buddy!

edit on 9-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

*grins* nothing on the page you linked that I see specifically shows the funds she has to spend on the current election. Please point out the figure if I missed it.

She will have to blow her whole wad on the rest of this primary. If she were to win the nomination she'd have to face Trump, a candidate she might not be able to beat, broke.

She is not going to win California. We'll see about New York. So again: yes you are full of crap.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Book marking this page so I can tell you I told you so.

edit on 9-3-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Neo the last poll you posted showed Sen Sanders would surely lose Michigan, I don't think I will let your recent poll bother me in the least, polls change and votes differ.

I think you should get used to President Sanders.

Feel the Bern!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Come again.

Link it.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Um, you do know that 461 of those "super delegates" of Clinton's don't really count right now -- right? They haven't signed anything binding and will vote however the popular vote goes.

Sure they 'don't'.

The choice between the 'first' woman president versus the 'first' jewish president.

Don't need a crystal ball to see who is going to get the nod.

After the 'first black president'.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm glad bernie won some.

Keeps hillary on her heels.

No cakewalk for her, I hope she has nightmares. lol.

I just hope he unloads on her at a debate.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join