It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia calls North Korea strike threats 'totally unacceptable'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

You're thinking in terms of a war...

If he must needs be removed that badly...and he does, don't get me wrong.

How about assassination? A bullet through him, and his immediate cronie-posse, and let things settle out that way...

Of course, there's no guarantee that what came after him wouldn't be worse. See that's the problem with imposing regime change from outside...we can't guarantee anything. If the North Koreans do it themselves? Maybe, just maybe, they'll do the job better.

I'm nothing resembling an expert here... I just think there's not a great deal of difference between Kim killing tens of thousands, or more, to retain power, and the West/East killing tens of thousands, or more, to remove him.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Of course, there's no guarantee that what came after him wouldn't be worse. See that's the problem with imposing regime change from outside...we can't guarantee anything. If the North Koreans do it themselves? Maybe, just maybe, they'll do the job better.

Well from that aspect, what needs to happen is south and north need to reunify under south's control.
That is the end goal with any sort of military or sneakier tactics when it comes to North Korea.

Anything else would be keeping the status quo and high tensions.
If for some reason NK fell, or leader assassinated that would be the world priority and would be in the best interest of NK's population.
edit on 7-3-2016 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Reunification.

Ideally, that's the best way.

Reunification is the way to go. As for who'd be in control, there's little doubt that the South would be. Economically? There's no comparison. Militarily? sheer numbers it's North Korea, but qualitatively it's South Korea.

Which is, of course, why the North, or those in power anyway, want nothing to do with it, save by military conquest, which simply isn't going to happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

That's just it, eventually it will happen,
and so far as anyone can tell, it will only happen with a military intervention.

One of these times, NK is going to slip up in a very bad way,
everyone expects it.
At that point it will be very ugly,
but the end result will be a united Korea.

It will happen some day,
because the world can't stand by anymore while NK extorts those around them with nuclear weapons.
It just won't be allowed in the long run.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leto2
a reply to: Joecanada11

Think Canada would be fine if that empire does fall?

Of course not. We would be screwed.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I say we put those black triangles to USE!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Well... i highly doubt they're just sitting in a hangar waiting to be decommissioned.

But yeah, i agree.... i would love to see those things in use.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Oh man I love Ouija Boards !!! I'll get some pop rocks, and Jolt Cola!

In all seriousness, if you want to quote fantasy novels may I suggest the supreme Kim's origin story?

North Korea Poses a serious threat to it's close neighbors... I'm sure they will feel oh so comfortable with your faith in fairy tales to protect them.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Russia, like many countries, are just tired of childish and retarded modes of behavior by leaders of countries, and little dough boy Kim is one very stupid child minded moron. They just don't make humans any dumber than this.

In order to create a human being stupider and slower of thought than Kim, would require genetically modified genomes and underground experimentation with DNA and genetics. The only problem with doing that, is that it is going in reverse of the desired outcome for such medical research, and would be counter-intuitive to progress.

And since the world already has a subject model of such a backwards plan, creating another one would never serve anyone with anything anyone would want,.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Last time I was there Kim's dad was worse.
1st Cav is there now, if they want to shoot it will take HOURS, if Iraq took DAYS.
I thought they would last a week.
THAT is what I told the S2 when he suggested we would take 50% losses from RAND.

edit on 7-3-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
If he was really going to push the button he would have done it already

That poor strategy/thought has gotten many dead!

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
there will be war with china. its unavoidable. they have to have more space for there ever growing population. also, china has no natural recources, but an industrialised economy. anyone with half a brain can see this war coming a mile away. thank god we have nukes, because theres more commies in the us than there is in china.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

it is a proven historical fact that ronald reagan sold poison gas to suddam. he did so publically, and never denied it. thats what he used on the kurds.this is a weapon of mass destruction. and we knew he would use it because he already had used it. the us knew he had it because we still had our copy of the reciept.he was going to sell that # to terrorists.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i dont see north korea caring much about what their allies have to say.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Well... i highly doubt they're just sitting in a hangar waiting to be decommissioned.

But yeah, i agree.... i would love to see those things in use.

So...you admit they do exist?
Perhaps you will admit other things if you admit so much.

If we are talking of secret weaponry, every major power has them. Russia announced of reentry vehicles (warheads) with changing trajectory. Imagine space shuttle changing trajectory, the speed is the same.

Perhaps there are flying triangles, in USA and others. But also comes the question, who really control them? Is it the governments or not? Is it someone much higher than any secret organizations we may think of. So the war (WW3) is either planned to happen, or planned to be cancelled. And instead of these triangles and secret tech to be used in destructive way, to be used for betterment of humanity. I vote for the second!

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

And that is the scariest part of this whole situation.

A crazy man with nukes that won't listen to reason, and just looking for a reason to use them.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xzcvwoo

No natural resources? Really?

coal, iron ore, petroleum, natural gas, mercury, tin, tungsten, antimony, manganese, molybdenum, vanadium, magnetite, aluminum, lead, zinc, rare earth elements, uranium, hydropower potential (world's largest), arable land

CIA Factbook

Seems to me, they have quite a few things that might be considered natural resources. ...and room? Take another gander at the map, again. They've room and to spare.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

i wouldn't say hes crazy but hes well on his way. the way i see it is hes posturing but if that posturing goes unanswered long enough there's no telling what he might do.

either way this behavior is very very stupid.
edit on 13-3-2016 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Much of it, if not all of it, stems from the fact that he gets at least some of what he wants from the West, nearly every time he does something like this...

He's very much like a spoiled little brat whose permissive parents will buy him whatever sweet he desires when he stomps his feet and threatens a tantrum...unfortunately, this brats tantrum could involve nuclear artillery shells, or missiles of some sort.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join