It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia calls North Korea strike threats 'totally unacceptable'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It seems little Kim may have went a bit too far this time, as even Russia has a problem with his threats.

The Russian foreign ministry on Monday condemned as "totally unacceptable" North Korea's threats to launch pre-emptive nuclear strikes against South Korea and the United States, and appealed to all sides to show restraint.

"We consider the public statements (by North Korea) threatening its adversaries with 'pre-emptive nuclear strikes' to be completely unacceptable," the ministry said in a statement.

"Pyongyang must realise that in doing so, North Korea is definitively turning its back on the international community and creating a legal basis for the use of military force against it," the ministry said.

news.yahoo.com...

Let's hope Russia's strong words towards NK and their threats will be heard and understood so that the innocent people of NK aren't put into a situation caused totally because of their childish leader throwing a tantrum.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Russia's just jealous that NK is trying to steal their WW3 thunder.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
with the prospect of having a crazy country like NK housing 100 nukes by 2020 someone must act fast

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'd say it's a bit hypocritical considering the number of times Russia has threatened the use of nukes over the past couple years.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'd say it's a bit hypocritical considering the number of times Russia has threatened the use of nukes over the past couple years.

It definitely is, but I think Putin knows that having NK there benefits Russia.

Who else would buy there old military equipment. And they are the one of only a few countries that are allies of Russia.

And Russia needs friends.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I'm sure it's not the first time Russia or China have condemned little Kims childish nuclear outbursts

If he was really going to push the button he would have done it already
edit on 7/3/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
When Russia issues a statement like that it makes me wonder if they are just crossing t's before doing something.

It could be a way of telling China to "sort your boy out before we do."

Either way, little Kim might meet with an illness or accident soon.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
All of the nuclear powers need to speak up and put NK in it's place.

If NK wants to and now is a part of the nuclear world, it must be told by all nuclear powers that use of such weapons only serves to destroy itself.
That is what MAD is for, and NK hopefully does not have a death wish.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Just thinking out loud here,

What if NK did launch a Nuclear warhead that hit South Korea, would the west really retaliate with its own Nuclear strike?.. I say this as would the fall out for China be something that they as a nation would stand for?..

Its easy for people to say such things as "they would turn the country into glass" but would it be that straight forward. If NK was a Island then maybe but it is not it is spitting distance (in global terms) from Beijing and numerous other large cities in China.

RA

edit on 7-3-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We have enough non nuclear stuff that the big guys would be able to sit out another. 2-3 days there wouldn't be enough of the Norths weapons to really do much harm. Noe SK might have some issues with it and take care of the problem without asking for help.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

"Pyongyang must realise that in doing so, North Korea is definitively turning its back on the international community and creating a legal basis for the use of military force against it," the ministry said.

I think that is an amber light soon to turn green for the destruction of
North Korea’s Regime.

Deals will be Deals.. I wonder what its cost in terms of Syrian co-operation.

edit on Mon, 07 Mar 2016 13:06:48 -0600061America/ChicagoMonday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

When Russia issues a statement like that it makes me wonder if they are just crossing t's before doing something.

It could be a way of telling China to "sort your boy out before we do."

That very well could be what is happening, but Russia needs NK to be around because without they have very few allies.

I guarantee the word has been sent to China that they need to handle this child before he writes checks his rear can't cash.

When it comes to nukes the US has shown we don't play games.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Good advice nonetheless?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
They could still get the crap bombed outa them with non nuclear strikes. Plus it's a sad reality that a large section of the population is totally brain washed with the Kim cult of personality. So totally annihilation might be the best route.

I think that it sucks but it's a completely rouge nation.

Might be possible to turn the tides by wiping out kim and his whole family,literally every relative to proove they are just flesh and blood to the masses.

a reply to: slider1982

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Just thinking out load here,

What if NK did launch a Nuclear warhead that hit South Korea, would the west really retaliate with its own Nuclear strike?.. I say this as would the fall out for China be something that they as a nation would stand for?..

Its easy for people to say such things as "they would turn the country into glass" but would it be that straight forward. If NK was a Island then maybe but it is not it is spitting distance (in global terms) from Beijing and numerous other large cities in China.

RA

I don't think NK will be able to launch.. See that is why there is a fair chance that this is for real
this time.
The US and SK are not going to sit on their hands for ever while NK get it together. SK and US will
have to call it very soon or risk being attacked by Nuclear weapons..
My opinion is that China should sort out lil kim.. but up to now they have either been unable or unwlling to do so.

Expect some serious doings on the Korean pennisula sooner rather than later.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Nuclear fallout would not only affect China, but also Russia and Japan. It would be in China and Russia's best interest to eliminate this big mouth dictator. The last thing Russia and China want to see is a nuclear exchange between the U.S. and North Korea so close to their border. North Korea will end-up being a wasteland of radiation.

Kim's military needs to put an end to his reign and join the rest of the international community. The longer they wait, Kim will grow more paranoid and start executing more of his inner circle of military advisors. If Kim is so gung-ho on nukes, they should strap him to a nuke like Dr. Strangelove and send him to the moon!

His inner circle are all walking on eggs!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

"they would turn the country into glass" but would it be that straight forward. If NK was a Island then maybe but it is not it is spitting distance (in global terms) from Beijing and numerous other large cities in China.

Even the elder Tomahawks can be delivered from 300 miles away from a B52 and strike a target within a football field . The big guns , just a small bit less accurate.

Lets hope NK's leadership is not that stupid. (or mentally deranged )

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So they are threatening to use nuclear weapons, and end the armistice yet again.

The first thing to ask is this: Is NK really ready to get into a shooting war or is this simply rhetoric that is used to show the people of NK that the leader of this country and the military is prepared? Nk has made many threats before and very little if anything has come from this.

The next thing is this: What is China’s reaction to this current rhetoric and what are they doing behind the scenes? China has been giving NK a lot of support and often will give the NK enough lee way to go only so far. And ultimately they will watch. Right now relations appear to be strained with them and so now we see a new player that has not really spoken much in the past and that is Russia.

Russia is also not willing or wanting a new Korean conflict as it serves them no purpose at all. They do not want fighting in that region, nor does China.

If NK throws the first punch, where there is no doubt and does indeed launch and uses a nuclear weapon, the fall out about such may not be what they want. China and Russia, along with their allies would want nothing to do with them, nor give them aid. The USA probably will not counter launch and use more conventional weapons, and there would be 2 things going on, one would be a new Korean conflict and an effort to give relief to those survivors of the initial blast. And depending on which way the wind is blowing, could also turn around and hard NK as well.

The only way that the USA would launch a counter strike probably would be if NK actually was to not only launch but successful detonate a nuclear weapon on a target that was a part of the United States. That would be a provocation for war, and chances are that the other Super Powers, like China and Russia would caution about retaliation and support a more conventional war against the NK country.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

All I know is, it a good thing George W. is not still in office.

He had us invade Iraq on a lot less provocation than this.

I bet Un is glad too, so he can get away with this kind of stuff.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

China should sort out lil kim.. but up to now they have either been unable or unwlling to do so.

China can only do so much.

In fact as of late they have been vocal against what NK has been doing concerning their nuke program.

China has a reason, or three to keep NK from stupidly deciding it's fate by fighting the US or nuking SK.

In other words, China has three top priorities for the Korean Peninsula, and those priorities define everything. They're ranked in order, which is to say that China's top priority is to prevent war on the peninsula, its second priority is to prevent instability (for example, by way of North Korea's collapse), and third is to prevent nuclear weapons.

That helps explain why China is going to new lengths to punish North Korea for its January nuclear test (as well as a February missile test): It really wants to deter North Korea from further nuclear development, which it sees as bringing risks that could hurt China as well.

www.vox.com...

China has the most to lose if NK starts and decides their fate fighting with the US.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join