It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia calls North Korea strike threats 'totally unacceptable'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Richard N. Haass, President of the CFR, tweeted on Feb. 26th that it requires pressure from China and a regime change to deal with the nuclear threat issue coming from North Korea.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The only reason the USA hasn't invaded north Korea already is because there would be no financial gain. I'm amazed that Americans don't understand why their country isn't loved worldwide anymore. America is an empire on its last legs soon to fall.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Think Canada would be fine if that empire does fall?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The only reason the USA hasn't invaded north Korea already is because there would be no financial gain.

Really?

In fact, North Korea is sitting on the goldmine. The northern side of the Korean peninsula is well known for its rocky terrain with 85% of the country composed of mountains. It hosts sizeable deposits of more than 200 different minerals, of which deposits of coal, iron ore, magnesite, gold ore, zinc ore, copper ore, limestone, molybdenum, and graphite are the largest and have the potential for the development of large-scale mines. After China, North Korea's magnesite reserves are the second largest in the world, and its tungsten deposits are almost the sixth-largest in the world. Still the value of all these resources pales in comparison to prospects which promise the exploration and export of rare earth metals.

South Korea estimates the total value of the North's mineral deposits at more than $6 trillion USD.

www.themontrealreview.com...

America is an empire on its last legs soon to fall.

That's been said many times before yet we are still here...imagine that.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hello new member, nice to meet you.

Why brings anti-Americanism into a thread about Russia and NK?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Hello

I'm not anti American at all. I think most of you are great folks. I do however believe that for many decades your government has used false claims to exploit other countries. If the USA were to launch a military campaign in north Korea it would be one of the few times I would agree with it.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sorry, guess I misread your post then.

North Korea needs to be handled by China,
actually it needs to be a global coalition with China being the main force.

But that is just my opinion.

edit on 7-3-2016 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I would like to see N Korea glow green.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
lets just say that the north starts nuking the south then the good old USA nukes the north back and then all the fall out from the nukes starts to blow to china and then they start to die will that be classed as a act of WAR to the USA and then china starts nuking the good old USA back just to see if they like the fall out too ????????

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Just thinking out loud here,

What if NK did launch a Nuclear warhead that hit South Korea, would the west really retaliate with its own Nuclear strike?.. I say this as would the fall out for China be something that they as a nation would stand for?..

Wouldn't need to, IMHO. With the amount of firepower the world can, and would, bring to bear? Nukes might seem a bit superfluous.

Its easy for people to say such things as "they would turn the country into glass" but would it be that straight forward. If NK was a Island then maybe but it is not it is spitting distance (in global terms) from Beijing and numerous other large cities in China.

RA

Even if they did use nukes, it wouldn't be many. Pyong-yang, maybe? Though even that, I doubt. Or maybe hope is a better word. They don't need to use nukes. NoKo is so outgunned, it's pure suicide for them to do anything of the sort. Japan/South Korea, with the U.S. supporting could do the job.

Add in the Chinese? The Russians? ...and a few other countries? The fight would be Hobbsian in nature, nasty, brutish, and short.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Why?

For the crimes of one little despot, and his cronies? How many thousands/millions have to die, or be horribly maimed to punish him?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Define "soon".

I've been hearing this for my entire life. Usually from Soviet Union radio, or North Korean, and various other sillies who vastly underestimate what the United States truly is...

...and many of those doomsayers aren't around anymore to see the fallacy of their opinion.

Oh, yes, eventually all empires/powers do fade. But the world has never seen a power like the United States.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think this is more of a statement to China to have them tell NK to pull their head in. I agree, if that's the case. The only reason these baseless threats aren't taken more seriously is because no country takes them seriously. Imagine if Russia, China or the US carried on with this rhetoric? The world would react very differently. Fat boy Kim really owes it to his country to work cooperatively with the rest of the world. reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: inquisitivenature

that's the point of it.

Kim doesn't feel he owes his people anything. They are there for the sole benefit of one Kim Jung Un. Not the reverse.

He's a monster. But to remove him, would cost the lives of thousands/millions of folks who've done nothing wrong. Only the North Korean people can do it, or should do it.

That sounds cold to me, and I wrote it... But any other way is a bloody abattoir waiting to happen. Not just in North Korea, but South Korea, and Japan, as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
china needs to take out that regime.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

How?

It's much easier said then done. Sure, you can irradiate the country...or kill tens/hundreds of thousands, all in the name of regime change...

At what cost? How many is acceptable??

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Fast forward ten months or so... Trump is in the White House. NK threatens again to use nukes on us. So how do you guys think Trump would handle it? Or even, (God Forbid) what if Clinton is in- how does she handle it?

Since no one knows exactly how many nukes this madman has, time is not doing us any favors. He will just get more of them. And considering he probably can't launch them at the USA from NK yet, then what if he has secretly pursued other means of delivery...? Even on a smaller scale that could destroy a coastal city like San Francisco or Miami.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Nah, I think the west would launch a conventional campaign and wipe out key military infrastructure and ultimately invade the north. At the very worst some small tactical nukes for the sake of legally using them.... The west has wanted the north's leadership out since the 50's, why turn it to an irradiated piece of glass when you can use your superior technology to just remove the bastard. If he really did nuke the south, or attempt to NK wouldn't have a leg to stand on and it's allies may even help in removing the kim dynasty from power.

Then again, it would be kind of cool to see a 20-50 megaton nuke dropped on North Korea just to show them what a real nuke looks like.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

The Us wouldn't have to use nukes to wipe NK off the map. That little peninsula is one of the best observed, most spide on little piece of land on the planet.

The US could probably wipe out most if not all it's military assets in short order. I'm not saying it would be a war with out any Western losses but it would not go well for NK. Hell the US could literally carpet bomb the country with conventional weapons and NK could do nothing about it.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Well, unless you can come up with some magical way to get rid of him and his cronies without him retaliating by upping the ante to tens or hundreds of millions of lives... i dont see any other way of putting an end to this clown show!

Unless ofcourse, WWZ (the book) was right all along in that since the 50's N Korea have invested in digging underground cities capable of holding tens of millions of citizens in case of a nuclear annihilation.... in which case we can both get what we want.

But i doubt it!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join