It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should your mind be considered a private space?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: Kentuckymama

I was just teasing, and yea I'm a firm believer that we'd all have been struck by lightning so you're not alone in that!.

Also, isn't it nice to just decide to believe in whatever you want to believe in...? Seems so easy to do. Like, an all-seeing god that is capable of actually reading our minds? NO WAY THATS TOO MUCH! It's far too uncomfortable, its making us all sweat at the very thought. So how about we just modify and adjust our belief systems so we're not put in that hot seat again. Let's just believe in a god that CAN do that, but doesn't out of respect.

Actually, that's kind of a good idea. A God that only goes snooping around when something starts smelling fishy(sometimes literally). Kinda like good parenting.

You're not so bad, Kentuckymama. Amen!
thats a nice belief system but the fact is GOD doesn't care about us. so being all worried about what that thing thinks is waste of time, when unifying our species as a whole should be what we should be doing. not that i give a sht about god it was just a thought i wanted to share

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

You're not so bad either.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent
...the fact is GOD doesn't care about us.

The source is obvious on that one, same as before.

Your namesake is lying, don't fall for it...

I've seen proof BTW, will you as well.

You can count on it...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
Always. What is in my mind should be solely mine unless/until I decide to speak it.

thinks what if given then something to make you, speak your mind

As others have posted there may be some (Omnipotent like) who are telepathic readers - communicators primarily of & with ALL* Created.
There Also may be some with technology that can also mind scan.
Primitive models are similar to interweb communications compiled data profile projectors. In which a individual or individuals are given various materials from secret or hidden influences to test evaluation ability or disclosure for example... This data is then formulated somewhat like mind read data to profile individuals or individual or to simply read their minds through observing information and material they have interest in researching and purchases...
Advanced models pick up image and thought information neurologically stored. This advanced tech would be used upon less aware but intelligent beings to Oversee or Guide their life and death passages...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This was a human thought almost 14 years ago...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
www.engadget.com...

Japanese researchers create images from thoughts using thoughts about images

www.technologyreview.com...

Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) looks more and more like a window into the mind. In a study published online today in Nature, researchers at Vanderbilt University report that from fMRI data alone, they could distinguish which of two images subjects were holding in their memory–even several seconds after the images were removed. The study also pinpointed, for the first time, where in the brain visual working memory is maintained.

Big Brother is watching you: Researchers used fMRI to peer into the visual cortex of a subject and accurately predict which of two images (circular grating, above) he was holding in his short-term memory. The experimenters used specialized algorithms to tease out subtle patterns in brain activity (represented here in red and green) specific to that image in order to make the call.
Visual working memory allows us to briefly store and act upon specific details from images that we’ve seen: what color they are, how they’re oriented, and how frequently they appear. But how and where these details are stored has remained a mystery. Early visual areas, which are the first to receive and process visual information, don’t seem to stay active long enough to do the job. And higher visual areas don’t have the machinery to retain such fine-grained details.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
If a convincing argument can't be made that one's own mind is theirs alone then there is no individual and no individual freedoms truly exist at all

This.

It shouldn't even be a question.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

If I were given something to force me to speak my mind then it would not be me deciding to speak my mind. My thoughts should always be my own unless/until I make the decision to voice them.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Agreed
just making sure you were aware of hidden possibilities...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Murgatroid

If there's a Heaven, then I am so screwed.

heavens overrated i can't place where i heard this but its stuck with me awhile "I'd rather rule in hell than serve in heaven"

That statement is from Milton's "Paradise Lost".What satan was suppose to have said when bannished
from Heaven.To some others'...what Kahn said at his hearing aboard the starship Enterprise in the "Space Seed".

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I went as far as reading the title of the thread and, YES! That is all.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: EsotericGod

If my "mind" was an open book. . . . it'd be on the back shelf behind a beaded curtain marked, "Adults Only".

And I'd already be serving multiple life sentences.

Yep, same here. And I'm sure that my mind book would be in a plain brown wrapper. Some of that really hardcrore stuff that's wrapped so you can't see the cover and you have to buy it to browse it.

But, here's my solution to mind reading machinery of the future:

Magneto's PSI proof headgear.

- dex

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

In a way that relates to one of my quasi-beliefs: We are synthetic agents playing a part in an immense computer simulation. So the programmer is the Omnipotent Being and The Creator.

But, The Creator would only be interested in performing in-depth analyses on parts of the model space that were behaving in an interesting manner.

Perhaps the whole system is indexed based on a sparse dataset that corresponds to your "primitive model." While the "advanced model" dataset can be built based on querying the data model.

The Creator may not necessarily view the contents of the agent data as a violation of any morals, unless those morals define the boundaries of the experiment.

In essence, we are merely blocks of data in computer memory.

-dex

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

In a way that relates to one of my quasi-beliefs: We are synthetic agents playing a part in an immense computer simulation. So the programmer is the Omnipotent Being and The Creator.

Interesting concept
I wish however there was a better way to explain the simulation or MATRIX with the computer related components only being components of a larger Energy based system that is AWARE of each Creation that contains its Energized essence to become animated intelligent matter... Essence that may be perceived here as Paranormal - Supernatural Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy related.
This Essence associated with the CREATOR that Created it, is a larger component of simulation then any computer simulation. It is the Eternal Link to ALL* things Created.
So for example the CREATOR sees CREATOR Creations-beings failing and sends CREATOR GODSENDS as direct HANDS to interact for the HEAD leading them-sending them...
These hands yes may interact or understand the HEART of the WHOLE* & so these hands interact more direct with the "younger" in creation more hands on. With FAIL prevention and or intelligence and genetic development.
See the system Matrix more now and how easy it is to be Asleep to the functions going on with and around the younger in creation with the ELDER GOD SENDS?
Therefore the CREATOR IS AWARE of ALL* our functions its just "WE" may not be as we are ascending up or down during the phases of LIFE and DEATH within EXISTENCE...
Living dying ETERNAL SOULS/SPIRITS/INTERNAL ENERGIES? AWARE somewhat - memory functions unclear like movie, so unaware like movie of activities being initiated from Fallen godsends or GOD sends...
And so like movie lost in matrix thinking all perceived is all there is.
Please excuse but your post allowed more in-depth discussion of the structure of the MATRIX 1 may refer too

But, The Creator would only be interested in performing in-depth analyses on parts of the model space that were behaving in an interesting manner.

See above post

Perhaps the whole system is indexed based on a sparse dataset that corresponds to your "primitive model." While the "advanced model" dataset can be built based on querying the data model.

The MAIN model would basically manage ALL* essence energy found within ALL* CREATED. It logged you when you were just particles unaware of your futures to hold the essence...
From Planet energy like EA*RTH GIA, flora-fauna mineral-plant-animalia energy to HUMAN SOULS and or perceived ALIEN Paranormal SPIRIT ENERGIES... Shifting the energies throughout the WHOLE*
Placing them following a somewhat LAWS of ATTRACT program in regions of EXISTENCE they seem to prefer. Around others unlike them but ultimately like them.

The Creator may not necessarily view the contents of the agent data as a violation of any morals, unless those morals define the boundaries of the experiment.

In essence, we are merely blocks of data in computer memory.

-dex

Following 1z posted premise, the CREATOR is AWARE or each of the agent data has been and will always be.
It may be how some ascend decisions are primarily made associated to the laws of attract for each Essence...

ex-
Neptunian - EA*RTHling -MARTIAN essence scheduled to ascend UP - moves closer home
Some EA*RTHling -MARTIAN- Neptunian Scheduled lower ascension DOWN moves to learning zone among others like
CREATOR Sees Essence provided not various labels provided have designed, primarily

edit on 3/7/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The contents of my mind belong to me, and what is contained within these thoughts are for me to work out with my God in my own private time and prayer.

If, and only if, I allow my worst thoughts to be manifest in my actions, should anyone have the right to accuse me of any crime, or any misdeed. Until then, it is no ones business but my own, how I deal with the poisons that have accumulated within my psyche.

The only business anyone has even referencing the contents of a persons brain, is to ensure that all that is possible is done, to make the world a place which does not promote an excess of ill feeling and the resulting build up of mental disease. Unfortunately, we do not live in a world which pays the proper respect to these things.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

If they invented mind reading technology I would spend my entire waking hours trying to picture all the world leaders and" various social leaders" in a massive naked kinky sex orgy.
Whoever did the reading would have to report back to their boss that they saw him in a compromising position with a frozen chicken.
And I'd be thrown out and fined for being a weirdo.

I'm not sure they'd be able to distinguish between "real" thoughts and just fantasy. I mean, everyone must've imagined themselves strangling their boss/wife/mother but you'd never carry out the actual act.
Thinking about something and doing it are very different things. Otherwise we'd all be multi millionaires with playboy lifestyles because of all the great plans we had.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Should your mind be considered a private space?

Yes, but let the system go ahead, read your mind and use a pitiful excuse to kill you off.

Then on Judgement Day, you will have every right to condemn them all to hell with your blood on their hands.

Use their technology as a double edged sword against them. At the end of the day, they are all going to suffer in hell because of it.

Just think, the NSA is monitoring this posting via Windows 10. So everyone in the NSA reading this posting is already standing in the Lake of Fire unless they turn to Jesus Christ for forgiveness.

Windows 10 keypress's has just condemned the entire NSA to hell, and they never saw it coming. They really are clueless.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Wait, aren't Tinfoil hats suppose to work?

Yes, my thoughts are mine, and mine alone. Sheesh. Will this lead to having to copy-write your own thoughts?

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

Well, I don't even believe in God personally. I don't disbelieve per say. I just don't know. But I do believe in the psychological value of God, however, which is a little different.

And I get it now... seeing isn't always believing. Because we all see things that aren't there sometimes, we also hear, feel, smell and can even taste things that aren't there. Let's get real, people! We can barely trust our own five senses.! Specially when one sense is isolated from the others(seeing but not feeling/hearing/smelling/etc.).

Life is really pretty amazing though. Look at how far we've come!
edit on 7-3-2016 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I can just imagine them reading my thoughts with some device, what would happen. They might ask me if I killed someone or did some crime. Then immediately I get a visual in my head, that is how my mind works, I visualize things. Then they will say seeing as I visualize the event then I am a criminal. People visualize what they are being told as well as visualize what they have experienced. The mind is very creative. So how would you be able to tell what thoughts are real and what is just a fabrication of the mind. I think this technology will come across many obstacles.

I know that they will eventually be able to read the mind, however the application for it has good and bad sides. They will find good ways to utilize the technology and of course bad means to delve into private thoughts and use the information against us. I would rather have my thoughts private and my own. I do not trust such technology in the hands of our government or anyone else for that matter.

Look at how many people are trying to scam others these days. What about advertising for instance. What if they had the means of implanting thoughts into your mind. You would be bombarded daily with thoughts of wanting things you never really wanted in the first place.

There are too many ways this sort of technology can be used for bad reasons. I just do not trust it or accept it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join