It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Around Los Angeles Moving Sideways- from Nov. 2015

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

A terrifying event is taking place in Los Angeles, CA: the ground is moving sideways in slow-motion, rising 15 feet in four hours in some areas, utterly destroying roads, knocking down utility poles and wrecking infrastructure.

A seen in the photo above, and others below, Santa Clarita, CA is experiencing shifting ground, where entire mountains are literally moving sideways!

A two mile section of Vasquez Canyon Road had to be closed until further notice because of the phenomenon. Here's what Vasquez Canyon Road looked like at 12:08 PM Pacific time:

VISIT SOURCE LINK FOR PICS:
www.superstation95.com...

It is important to note that, according to the US Geological Survey, no earthquakes have taken place during this time, to account for this type of land deformation!

Wow, if this is true it is just nuts. Geologic changes like this are supposed to happen over millenia, not hours. Yes hours. That's what makes this story so bizarre.

I hadn't heard about this until now, even though this was months ago. Any of you know anything about this? Hoax? Was it posted? Did the world end and I am just a ghost? lol. Freaky man if true.

"And California shall slide into the sea?

The only thing I can think of that would cause ground deformation that fast is a rising body of magma... Since no earthquake is responsible, I am still perplexed...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Under the picture it says it could be from rain. Makes sense. Hopefully a geologist or civil engineer can speak up.

Interesting. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

maybe its just a landslide or the earth settling, it still freaks me out because i live on a hill. hopefully its an isolated incident.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
And the mystery deepens. Now you guys know I've been dealing with seismic networks for over ten years, and frequently report on quake activity here.

So imagine my surprise to just find out, right now when I looked, that every single Caltech seismometer in the Santa Clarita area, and there are ten or more of them, HAS BEEN SHUT OFF. That's right. There is no publicly available data anywhere I can find for those seismometers.

And what's worse is I'll just put it you this way: I have access to not so publicly available data through some contacts of mine, and yet even THOSE sources have nothing on this. SOMETHING is going on here.
edit on Sun Mar 6th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Mar 6th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The only thing I can think of that would cause ground deformation that fast is a rising body of magma... Since no earthquake is responsible, I am still perplexed...

California has problems when it rains with mud slides . Has that area been getting any rain ?.. when it doesn't rain it is the grass fires... and in between all that are the earthquakes... Otherwise a beautiful landscape, no?

Edit to add:Yep weird that all the Caltech seismometer in the Santa Clarita area are down ?
edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish
Under the picture it says it could be from rain. Makes sense. Hopefully a geologist or civil engineer can speak up.

Interesting. Thanks.

The soil looks very sandy and loose - all of the recent rain in California could easily make it slump due to the extra weight when it is wet

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

This is from 2015....

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Maybe someone should contact Caltech to ask if .... er, what the problem is, since it is limited to their seismometers.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Thank you. For me, the issue is that one side of my brain thinks one thing, the other side feels the opposite and the frontal lobe is turning into jelly from being overworked. I have to seek a logical explanation first, no matter how illogical it is!

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

November 2015 was when it was posted and it's now March 2016,that makes it pretty new to me

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Wow! A major mass of land moving with no earthquakes... There must be a motive force beneath the surface of enormous potential to move that much mass that far, that fast. If this is tied to the Yellowstone caldera, this is not good. That would provide sufficient motive force over a sustained period of time. One possibility anyway...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

maybe its just a landslide or the earth settling, it still freaks me out because i live on a hill. hopefully its an isolated incident.

Soil type has a massive amount to do with stability. My mum has a farm in NZ with steep hills that are a very light loam soil.
Every winter some part of the farm moves like in those pics (not on as big a scale though) due to heavy rains.

It looks more like slumping than tectonic activity to me.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

This is from 2015....

Such incredibly brilliant insight! Did you bother to look at the fricken thread title? Did you bother to read the OP?

*sigh*

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

obvious LOCAL landslide is obvious

despite the best efforts to hype this up - its a local event

it looks very similar to the fate of the A625 at mam tor

picture

once the hill starts moving - the read becomes a white elephant - the mam tor rroad was finally abandoned over 30 years ago after repeated and increasingly costly repairs failed .

my opinion would be - find an alternate route

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I don't know what to think. I awoke being in the process of making a mitered frame, out of a tropical hardwood known for being oily, including my brother, and Donald Trump. He was having trouble sleeping, and when he awoke, I noted that he put on his shoes right off. I was having a little difficulty getting one corner to set, but it was square. Everything was square. All I had to do was clamp it, and let the joint dry. Then I asked if he wanted a coffee, and he seemed disinterested, when I awoke. Thank God someone is willing to do it, I had muttered just before I went to bed. You could not force me to do it, under any conditions.

I have loved ones out there who won't give me the time of day, ever since I asked them to sell the Pacific Waste Reservoir lots. Instead I get this crap about being jealous because I have no fame, nor marketable ambition. And that I just want to ruin another gloriously happy life. When I told a friend that I was willing to give Geffen an audition, it was turned into a comedy sketch behind my back. What is funny about that? Everyone deserves a hearing, and not just known criminals. Jesus, now we're gonna hear about how we caused this, by using fireplaces, all over again.

# 587

edit on 6-3-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: Ho Ho. Regina. Regina.
edit on 6-3-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: So TA doesn't get confused.

edit on 6-3-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If the soil was loose enough for rain to move it I would think it would wash over the road, or perhaps wash out beneath it, not pick it up and carry it. That is really interesting...

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

So what's the rubbish about earthquake monitors being turned off now then?

What do they have to do with something that happened 3 months ago?

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Aww jeez.

"the ground is moving sideways in slow-motion, rising 15 feet in four hours in some areas"

Yup, the ground sure RISES 15 feet during a landslide (duh, downwards). Happens all the time. In fact, it happens so often I am an idiot for posting this.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Seriously... WTF are you talking about? Why in the heck did you just post that in this thread? Did I just draw the loonies out or something?

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
As a Native born Californian I can attest to the fact that Cali has unique 4 seasons.

Winter, Mudslides, Summer and Brush fires.

On topic. Slow destructive geological movements are imho way better that drastic instant Earthquakes which are extremely destructive to life and property.

Lesser of two evils?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join