It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People ARE Mixing the Gospels Together!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: newnature1

and once again I agree with you.

If you thought previously that the successful Christian life was all about reformed doing and commitments, you have gotten it wrong according to the apostle Paul. It is all about transformed thinking. According to our apostle, the battle is taking place between the ears, between fleshy thinking and divine thinking. God’s work in us, not our work for God, major difference.

posted on Mar, 6 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Transformed hearts and Minds that is where reformation takes place. that is why Roms 12:1-3 is so powerful for a Christian life.

Once Again I agree.

I am beginning to wonder if we have ever met.
edit on 6-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

and once again I agree with you.

There is a vast difference in believing in God and believing on God for something. To believe in God is simply a matter of fact. To believe on God is to believe we must come to God in the precise manner which God prescribes, believing on God means taking God at his word. 

There will be a requirement to escape the judgment of God, and it will not be by anything that we do. We must be justified on the basis of believing in what Christ has already done on our behalf, but unless we qualify what believing in God means, our belief in God will do us absolutely no good!

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Well I believe ON Jesus Christ for my salvation, my holiness, my righteousness, my justification and for all I have in him.

edit on 7-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well I believe ON Jesus Christ for my salvation, my holiness, my righteousness, my justification and for all I have in him.

So it is not a thing we do here or a thing we do there, we never measure up anytime in our human live, we never measure up to who God is, and with God’s righteous character. 

We should not think just because God is not judging sin on the world today, that he detests it, he is outraged at it, but the judgment for it has been pasted. Yet, because God is not holding the sins against the human race, that does not make us as righteous as God.

The fact is Christ became the redeemer of the entire world when he satisfied the justice of God for the sins of the entire world. The sin issue was resolved for everyone, but understand, that having a redeemer and accepting the redeemer that we have, and what that redeemer accomplished, are two different things. Some are not willing to believe Paul’s good news, and therefore, not all will be joined to the redeemer, and they will be standing in their own righteousness.

God justifies those who take him at his word concerning what his son accomplished for them, something for nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I fully agree

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I fully agree

There are people that live in a state that is opposite of happiness, they always seems to be down, always be angry, always be ready for disappointment. Happiness is a state of mind that can be created, happiness is a state of mind that can be mustered up, happiness is a choice. 

There are many who lack joy from not understanding that justification is complete, so we can not look at people and say that person gave their life for what they believed, religious, but lost.

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

my joy is full in Christ

posted on Mar, 7 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

a reply to: ChesterJohn

my joy is full in Christ

We can now serve God out of appreciation rather than apprehension less we forget something and have that sin held agains us. Sin is gone as far as the judicial aspect of sin from God’s vantage point. It is taken care of once and for all!

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Flesh wants to say if I broke it I can fix it. God is not asking us to turn from anything to be saved. God is asking us to believe Christ accomplished salvation for us and we are simply to believe it. Christ did it all, there is nothing left for us to do. 

God did all the giving, we do only all the receiving. You who say you believe in Jesus Christ, is there any sin that can be put to your account now? If you really believe that, then you do not believe that Christ paid for all of them. We can take God at his word, why can’t we stand with God on what he accomplished through Christ, that is FAITH.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

[/quote

Belief in what God’s son accomplished, where sins are concerned, is that required response. It is very simple when we understand the difference in Reconciliation and Righteousness. Not everyone has been baptized into Christ even though Christ’s blood purged his or her sins

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

true again!

Christ work was done for all but not all will come to him in acceptance of his work. Faith is the key. It is like my stance on the AV Bible as the preserved word of God. It is an issue of faith that God had done so as promised in Ps 12:6. No man talked me into this or taught me. It was the Holy Ghost who showed me by comparing spiritual things with Spiritual.

Brother, we are of like minds on this issue.

edit on 8-3-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

true again!

Christ work was done for all but not all will come to him in acceptance of his work. Faith is the key. It is like my stance on the AV Bible as the preserved word of God. It is an issue of faith that God had done so as promised in Ps 12:6. No man talked me into this or taught me. It was the Holy Ghost who showed me by comparing spiritual things with Spiritual.

Brother, we are of like minds on this issue.

Those who are in Jesus Christ are those who place no confidence in their flesh, but understood, as Paul understood, that in people’s flesh dwells no good thing.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: newnature1
So-called Christendom today fails to rightly divide the word of truth, because they have mixed God’s program with Israel and his program with the Body of Christ and mixed dispensations together; dispensations that do not mix together, and as a result, they think they have taken on Israel’s role from the point where Israel left off.

The programs have simply been intertwined in the minds of the religious world. Any kind of works at all, even if they appear to be good works in a our minds, that are done for the purpose attaining salvation, or for the purpose of maintaining salvation, and even for the purpose of proving our salvation is a slap in the face of God, who had to provide the gift of salvation, because our righteousness would be totally incapable of meriting it. 

It was God’s plan to use the faith and its resultant faithfulness of the son of God in the ultimate glorification of human-kind who would take him at his word, the union of believers to Christ is that which allows God to remain just when he credits those with the righteousness of his son. 
Are we to study the Word of God as though it were a hodge-podge assortment of instructions that are all the same for all the people of all the ages? Some people study it that way, and then wonder why they can not make sense of it. 

Cafeteria Christianity, each group placing on their plate the portion, or portions of Scripture that appeal most to them. “We want this, but we will ignore that.” “We will take one of these, but we will leave the others off our plate.” But we can not pick and choose whatever doctrine suits our appetites, as though it is left up to us to sere ourselves.

We have to allow God to tell us in the Word, the portions of that Word that are specifically written about and directly apply to us. If you read the words “ye men of Israel,” “ye men of Judaea” do not take from the table of that nation and put that instruction on your plate. You are not the nation Israel. You are not under the law, they were. You are under grace!

There is only one way to salvation and it's the same for everybody who is a disciple, Jew or non-Jew alike. You are trying to say that the Gospel (good news) is to be divided and I don't know what cult leader taught you this, but it wasn't Jesus, who never taught what you are misleading people to think.

There is one, narrow path to salvation, and Messianic Jews have the same gospel as the rest of Christianity.

Your division of humanity into 2 gospels and types of people is too master race-ish for me.

I am disgusted at your fallacious notion, you should be ashamed of yourself for teaching this satanic rubbish.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Did you miss Jesus'/James teaching on faith? " Faith without good works is DEAD." That's a quote from James who was taught by Jesus.

And here we are being told by someone else that only faith brings salvation, faith alone justifies etc.

This is a direct contradiction to the message of the Saviour and it originates from the false teachings of the one who says he is an apostle, and is not, Saul the Pharisee.

Contradictions to the truth which are Jesus teachings are a sin. Teaching that faith ALONE justifies contradicts JESUS. Do I have to explain why this satanic lie of faith justifies without being good is a fallacy or are you just using this lie to convince yourself your immune from sin and judgement.

I will trust Jesus before the leaven of the Pharisees and the wolf of the tribe of Benjamin that is Saul who is guilty of teaching the doctrine of Balaam.

I will also point out that Jesus said: " By their fruits you will know them." Not by their faith, which anyone can profess without meaning.

We will be judged, not by faith alone, but by our actions as well.

Faith without works is DEAD.
edit on 9-3-2016 by Sassanid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Matthew 5:16 "In the same way your light MUST shine in the sight of men, so that, seeing your GOOD WORKS, they may give praise to your Father in heaven."

Emphasis mine.

What this quote by Jesus is saying is that good works are a MUST!!!

James concurred. Even calling faith without good works DEAD!!! As in not alive, non-existent.

If you don't do good things, you don't have faith.

Justification by faith alone is the biggest fallacy in Christianity ever. It can't be reconciled with the truth that Jesus taught and is anti-christian.

If this is your belief, your a disciple of Paul, not Jesus.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sassanid

originally posted by: newnature1
So-called Christendom today fails to rightly divide the word of truth, because they have mixed God’s program with Israel and his program with the Body of Christ and mixed dispensations together; dispensations that do not mix together, and as a result, they think they have taken on Israel’s role from the point where Israel left off.

The programs have simply been intertwined in the minds of the religious world. Any kind of works at all, even if they appear to be good works in a our minds, that are done for the purpose attaining salvation, or for the purpose of maintaining salvation, and even for the purpose of proving our salvation is a slap in the face of God, who had to provide the gift of salvation, because our righteousness would be totally incapable of meriting it. 

It was God’s plan to use the faith and its resultant faithfulness of the son of God in the ultimate glorification of human-kind who would take him at his word, the union of believers to Christ is that which allows God to remain just when he credits those with the righteousness of his son. 
Are we to study the Word of God as though it were a hodge-podge assortment of instructions that are all the same for all the people of all the ages? Some people study it that way, and then wonder why they can not make sense of it. 

Cafeteria Christianity, each group placing on their plate the portion, or portions of Scripture that appeal most to them. “We want this, but we will ignore that.” “We will take one of these, but we will leave the others off our plate.” But we can not pick and choose whatever doctrine suits our appetites, as though it is left up to us to sere ourselves.

We have to allow God to tell us in the Word, the portions of that Word that are specifically written about and directly apply to us. If you read the words “ye men of Israel,” “ye men of Judaea” do not take from the table of that nation and put that instruction on your plate. You are not the nation Israel. You are not under the law, they were. You are under grace!

There is only one way to salvation and it's the same for everybody who is a disciple, Jew or non-Jew alike. You are trying to say that the Gospel (good news) is to be divided and I don't know what cult leader taught you this, but it wasn't Jesus, who never taught what you are misleading people to think.

There is one, narrow path to salvation, and Messianic Jews have the same gospel as the rest of Christianity.

Your division of humanity into 2 gospels and types of people is too master race-ish for me.

I am disgusted at your fallacious notion, you should be ashamed of yourself for teaching this satanic rubbish.

Jesus gave himself a ransom for MANY. Who are the “many” spoken of? Israel!

But a ransom for ALL was not testified until Paul proclaimed it, the revelation of the secret, which was kept secret since the world began.

You are mixing the Gospels, because the last days of this present age of grace, the time prior to God closing the door on the program through which he is accomplishing his heavenly purpose today, what will it be like when God says enough is enough on his program for the heavenlies, so he can pick up where he left off with his program for those who will inherit the earth.

The Pauline Epistles will of course be of use as an historical record of what will then be past, just as we have the record of Israel’s history in the Old Testament now. Even now, the nucleus of the Remnant is being prepared, hundreds of Israelites are believing in Christ as the Messiah, who know nothing of him as the Savior.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sassanid

Did you miss Jesus'/James teaching on faith? " Faith without good works is DEAD." That's a quote from James who was taught by Jesus.

And here we are being told by someone else that only faith brings salvation, faith alone justifies etc.

This is a direct contradiction to the message of the Saviour and it originates from the false teachings of the one who says he is an apostle, and is not, Saul the Pharisee.

Contradictions to the truth which are Jesus teachings are a sin. Teaching that faith ALONE justifies contradicts JESUS. Do I have to explain why this satanic lie of faith justifies without being good is a fallacy or are you just using this lie to convince yourself your immune from sin and judgement.

I will trust Jesus before the leaven of the Pharisees and the wolf of the tribe of Benjamin that is Saul who is guilty of teaching the doctrine of Balaam.

I will also point out that Jesus said: " By their fruits you will know them." Not by their faith, which anyone can profess without meaning.

We will be judged, not by faith alone, but by our actions as well.

Faith without works is DEAD.

We see the “prayer of faith” Israel walked by sight, Yahweh allowed their prayer life to work in connection with sight as that earthly kingdom was on their doorstep. Yahweh worked in connection with the sign nation, the healings that were performed and the power resident in the prayer of faith. When the kingdom program was ongoing and Jesus was ready to rule and reign right here on earth, a troubled believer could pray the prayer of faith, when presented with suffering circumstances and those circumstance would disappear. Yahweh provided that prayer of faith, because that kingdom was at hand and the time for troubling circumstances had come to an end. It was time to put an end to pain and suffering, because it was time for the King to rule and reign on this earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join