It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.J. SIMPSON: Buried Knife Found At O.J.'S Estate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

A construction worker found a knife buried on the perimeter of the former O.J. Simpson estate ... and it's currently being tested by the LAPD in a top secret investigation ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

The story is incredible. We're told a construction worker found the knife years ago -- we have heard several different stories, ranging from "several years ago" to 1998, when the house was demolished.

The weapon is a folding buck knife.

Our law enforcement sources say the construction worker took the knife to the street, where he saw an LAPD cop. He told the officer where he found the knife and the cop took it.
Turns out the cop -- who worked in the traffic division -- was off duty at the time, working security for a movie shoot at

Looks like the O.J. Simpson saga is about to take a new turn.
Even though his mansion was torn down years ago...new evidence has come to light in the form of a knife found years ago buried in his yard.
People who've looked at it say it may have blood residue on it...tests should conclude if it is blood..and if it belongs to the victims.

I remember the trial...IMO, and in the opinion of many at the time, O.J. Simpson got away with murder. Perhaps justice will soon prevail...even after all these years.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The glove didn't fit!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Hopefully, we'll see if the blood fits.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Heard of double jeopardy ??

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If by a slim chance it still had blood, and Forensics determined it belonged to the victims...

Double Jeopardy will not allow for any conventional justice... at least all the folks that felt he was guilty will finally be able to say "I told ya he done it".
edit on 3/4/2016 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

This wouldn't have anything to do with a recent TV show would it?

TMZ are shameless.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Still looking for the real killers, eh?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just in time for the movie!!

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

The glove didn't fit!

The glove didn't fit, because a) they were washed (leather shrinks), b) OJ was wearing surgical gloves, c) he had rhumatoid arthritis which swelled his hands when he was off his medication. They planned that whole charade in advance, knowing all told they 'wouldn't fit'.

Prosecution should never have allowed the defendant of all people to demonstrate his gloves…

One was found at the scene and one at rocking ham. OJs credit card purchases revealed he bought one pair of those, one of three hundred expensive pairs purchased in LA.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Chain of evidence will make it difficult to admit in court.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Interesting, for sure. I don't know how long it takes blood to degrade in the ground, exposed to all of those elements, but it'd be nice if there is blood on it to be able to test it for DNA.

Of course, being so long ago, and possibly having two different DNAs mixed together on the same knife, plus the degradation of the evidence from being buried leads me to think that not much will come from it. But then again, I'm no forensics expert, though (although I just messaged someone who is to see what they say about the possibility of testing DNA in those conditions).

We'll see what she says.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xizd1

This is true...plus, if gloves were worn and his fingerprints are never found on the knife (or anyone else's), we're back at square one, even if this does prove to be the murder weapon, unless they have known receipts or proof that OJ owned this knife.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If it's true, could they possibly charge him with something else? Like hiding evidence, interfering with an investigation, something?

I would hope so. May not bring true justice, but the creep deserves something that links him with actual murder.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: xizd1

But could match the blades 'shape' to stab wounds, and maybe, just maybe, recover dna from inside the bolsters, its a folding knife, lots of crannies…

They found it years ago… bad for DNA degeneration. And bedsides all the other peoples dna from handling it. And finally who still thinks he din'doit?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24

True. He can't be prosecuted again...but the investigation can be reopened and more answers can be revealed.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24

I don't know what the statute of limitations would be on other potential charges, but if they're not expired, they could throw every other possible charge at him besides. Assault with a deadly weapon, illegal use of a knife, battery, failutre to report a crime, making menacing faces (just being silly there) - you get the idea...I'm guessing statutes of limitations have expired, but there's probably at least 20 different crimes he *could* be charged with that wouldn't fall in double jeopardy.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Did it fit?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

A construction worker found a knife buried on the perimeter of the former O.J. Simpson estate ... and it's currently being tested by the LAPD in a top secret investigation ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

The story is incredible. We're told a construction worker found the knife years ago -- we have heard several different stories, ranging from "several years ago" to 1998, when the house was demolished.

The weapon is a folding buck knife.

Our law enforcement sources say the construction worker took the knife to the street, where he saw an LAPD cop. He told the officer where he found the knife and the cop took it.
Turns out the cop -- who worked in the traffic division -- was off duty at the time, working security for a movie shoot at

Looks like the O.J. Simpson saga is about to take a new turn.
Even though his mansion was torn down years ago...new evidence has come to light in the form of a knife found years ago buried in his yard.
People who've looked at it say it may have blood residue on it...tests should conclude if it is blood..and if it belongs to the victims.

I remember the trial...IMO, and in the opinion of many at the time, O.J. Simpson got away with murder. Perhaps justice will soon prevail...even after all these years.

Good old Orenthal most likely did it and what got him off was the incompetence of all the prosecutors and the idiot judge who allowed his courtroom to be turned into a circus. Then, Karma caught up with him when he thought he could do what he wanted without consequence and now, coming up on age 69, he has been in the slammer since 2008 and has to wait until 2017 for his first parole hearing. If he doesn't get paroled, he could spend the remaining years of his 33 year sentence, and his life, in prison.
If the knife tests positive for the blood of the victims, what will the parole board do? Karma may bite him again and give him more time to think about his sins.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: xizd1

Going to say the same thing.

The chain of evidence is almost non existant.
It could have "I oj Simpson murdered her" engraved on it and it likely would not be omidsable as evidence,

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Surely when OJ was arrested and sent to court the law enforcement would of gone over his whole estate with a fine comb and metal detectors? How did they miss a buried knife? Or have I got the story all wrong (I am a Brit after all)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join