It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O.J. SIMPSON: Buried Knife Found At O.J.'S Estate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Interesting. But I'd bet dollars to donuts that OJ didn't do it... his son did it. I've thought so ever since the morning after when it was reported on local news that the son retained a criminal defense attorney. For himself -- not his father. Someone in LAPD wanted to pin it on OJ, probably Fuhrman. And Vannatter did his part when he took OJ's blood sample to the scene, NOT straight to the Glasshouse as protocol required.

There was a TV show not too long ago that examined the evidence and came to the same conclusion... but I don't remember what show it was and I can't find it now. Though I did find other accounts that accuse the son:

oj's son did it

About 61,600 others...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The victim's families may get some closure...especially if parole gets turned down...and Simpson doesn't come out as a new celebrity in 2017.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
OJ's son did it. Not OJ
The prosecution thought/wanted OJ to be the killer so bad, that they overlooked any other suspects or evidence pointing anywhere besides OJ. Similar to Sean Avery's (1st) case that he got locked up for.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The scenario describing the way the knife was found and handled sounds sketchy to me. I mean, yeah. I think OJ probably did it but in a case where so many things have been possibly planted and evidence may have been tampered with or faked, I wouldn't trust this.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Here's a comment from my forensics friend (she's the head of an accredited national forensics lab for one of those bad three-letter agencies):

LOL…I heard this story on the news this morning too 

So DNA is actually pretty hardy; however, it is soluble in liquid. If the knife was pretty protected I could see them possibly finding something but if just buried in the ground, and shallow enough where penetrated by rain water, I wouldn’t expect there to be DNA present after this amount of time. But of course you never know until you swab it and process it.

I'm guessing that, if it remained in the ground for multiple years, we're screwed in finding any DNA. While it doesn't rain often in SoCal, the sandy soil and the sprinkler systems that abound in neighborhoods would surely have washed away any DNA, if any even existed on said knife to begin with.

Sadly, I don't think that this knife will yield much information at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: intrptr

Did it fit?

OJ did it…

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
A knife found at his home ages after the crime happened?

Any good lawyer will say that it was planted after the crime happened to incriminate OJ.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Let's say they found Nicole Brown Simpson or Goldman's blood on the knife.
Even then, if they wanted to charge him with a crime other than murder that the statute of limitations hadn't run out on, they would need proof that he knew the knife was buried there or that he buried it.

His dream team got him out of a mountain of circumstantial evidence before, including the victim's blood in his Bronco, this would be a cakewalk for a lawyer.

Most people are pretty sure that he got away with murder... I think he did, anyway.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If it was planted...why wasn't it found at the time?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Interesting. But I'd bet dollars to donuts that OJ didn't do it… his son did it.

How did OJ cut his finger? He lied about where and when it happened, changing his story from it happened at home to it happened in Chicago…

People that use knives to murder often will cut themselves in the process.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: grey580

If it was planted...why wasn't it found at the time?

You are correct.
But a good lawyer would say that there is no proof that OJ planted it.
They would say that the 'real killer' (the one that OJ kept searching for at golf courses) buried it. That person could have been Kato Kailen or Al Cowlings or OJ's son or his limo driver or that sneaky guy on the golf course.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
who cares. Everyone knows it and that must suck for him every day he is not locked away hiding from the public.

No one likes a freaking murder. He knows we know.

Thats a far worse punishment. He is a failed celebrity who will never have the level of wealth and fame he had. Thats one,

He will never be with another woman that is not a prostitute, and only after receiving all sorts of intimidation from the pimp for fear of MURDER, if they dont outright refuse. Thats two,

He is probably going insane since all his friends left and he only has weirdo people who are morbidly obsessed with his crimes he denies. Thats three,

The list goes on....So its cool. He is in hell. Perfect hell.

edit on 3 4 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Simpson doesn't come out as a new celebrity in 2017.

He should talk to Bruce Jenner about ways to rekindle celebrity status.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

How did OJ cut his finger? He lied about where and when it happened, changing his story from it happened at home to it happened in Chicago…

I have no idea.

People that use knives to murder often will cut themselves in the process.

True, I suppose. Lots of people cut themselves with knives doing lots of things that have nothing to do with murder. People cut themselves lots of ways that have nothing to do with murder or knives. So anything we say is purely speculation.

However, just for kicks and giggles, how about this? OJ cut himself TAKING the knife or HIDING the knife after he found out what his son had done?

Because here's the thing, as long as I -- or anyone -- can offer an equally possible suggestion, reasonable doubt is introduced...

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Simpson doesn't come out as a new celebrity in 2017.

He should talk to Bruce Jenner about ways to rekindle celebrity status.

It would make him popular in prison, especially if parole is denied because of the knife.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

That was a large estate, "fine tooth comb" as in digging up the place wasn't required, they already had him on a wealth of blood trail evidence.

His DNA (blood drops leaving the scene) Nicoles and Rons blood in his bronco, blood evidence and bloody glove, socks at his house, etc.

The blood trail from cut on his finger at the scene, in his bronco, on his driveway, in his house.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: xizd1
Chain of evidence will make it difficult to admit in court.

There would be no "court". In the U.S., a person cannot be tried for a crime once they were acquitted for that same crime ("double jeopardy"), EVEN IF new damning evidence was later found after acquittal.

New evidence may sometimes lead to a "different" crime for which the person can be tried, but the murders of Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman would not be a different crime.

edit on 3/4/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

If it didn't fit, you must acquit.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

True, I suppose. Lots of people cut themselves with knives doing lots of things that have nothing to do with murder. People cut themselves lots of ways that have nothing to do with murder or knives. So anything we say is purely speculation.

Except like I said in the beginning during initial police interview he said he cut himself at home (to explain the blood trail in his driveway from the bronco to front door).

Then later said he cut himself on a broken glass in hotel while he was in Chicago.

its only speculation when you omit his statements, once you include them, it denotes deception on OJ's part.

His cut finger and blood trail evidence (at scene, in bronco and at home) and conflicting statements during interrogation present the full picture.

All that fits…
edit on 4-3-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Except like I said in the beginning during initial police interview he said he cut himself at home (to explain the blood trail in his driveway from the bronco to front door).

Then later said he cut himself on a broken glass in hotel while he was in Chicago.

its only speculation when you omit his statements, once you include them, it denotes deception on OJ's part.

Okay... he lied and/or otherwise did not tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about how he got cut and/or when and/or where. He could just as easily have been lying to protect his son as to protect himself. All we know is that we don't know the truth... we don't know what that truth is.

His cut finger and blood trail evidence (at scene, in bronco and at home) and conflicting statements during interrogation present the full picture.

All that fits…

And none of that precludes the possibility that OJ was acting to protect his son who lived in the same home and had access to OJ's keys and vehicle. That "fits" too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join