It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France just threatened the british people "migrants will flow to Britain after EU exit"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Go home France, you drunk.. So Britain is on its way to leave the hellish nightmare called EU, and now France is jealous and now threaten with drowning Britain in migrants.

A diplomatic row erupted after a top ranking official said a historic border treaty would be ripped up and binned after Brexit.

Calais regional president Xavier Bertrand said France would renege on the terms of Le Touquet Treaty and refuse to police the frontier of a country outside the EU.

It would see British border checks pushed back across the Channel, raising the spectre of a migrant flood into the UK.

M Bertrand said: “If Britain leaves Europe, right away the border will leave Calais and go to Dover. We will not continue to guard the border for Britain if it’s no longer in the European Union.”

The treaty, signed in 2003, sees cross-Channel checks carried out at French ferry and train terminals. Scrapping it would cause a massive security nightmare with migrants free to cross the Channel from where they could launch attempts to sneak into the UK.

I had some pictures for this thread.. but apparently ATS-site things I have ad-blockers I have none..

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

A truly independent Britain should take care and protect her own borders anyway, a task of which she is more than capable of carrying out and maintaining - it will require a reevaluation of strengthening offshore infrastructure and coastal patrolling logistics.

I would also add that the focus should be on stopping militants and extremists from infiltrating British borders and not on having a go at France because they will no longer protect the borders of a non-EU country.

edit on 3-3-2016 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

simple solution - make the ferry // train operators responsible for the issue [ no illegal imigrants carried ]

a fine of £50K [ GBP ] per passenger with no passport / visa

and the operators will make sure they are ` illegals free `

and yes there is a precedent for it - its allready standard practice on airlines

there simple solution - fook the french

ETA : citation for above claim added :

New Zealand is joining a list of other nations imposing direct penalties on airlines that board passengers to international destinations without the proper documents. Starting in July, airlines will face fines between NZ$500 and NZ$5000 (US$410, £257, 312€ to US$4080, £2573, 3125€) depending on the seriousness of the breach. Should airlines be entirely responsible?

New Zealand joins Australia, Canada, the UK and the US in imposing fines on airlines that improperly board international passengers.

source

that was in 2012 - precedent set

france - your move

edit on 3-3-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

A truly independent Britain should take care and protect her own borders anyway, a task of which she is more than capable of carrying out and maintaining - it will require a reevaluation of strengthening offshore infrastructure and coastal patrolling logistics.

I agree wholeheartedly, and add that island nations have a better chance of securing/patrolling it's borders due to geographic reasons. Nations that preserve their borders effectively don't rely on others to do their job.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Well it is a fair point really. Why should they pay to protect our borders if we are not in the Europe club.?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Creating a few jobs in the process in the UK & "possibly" new ingenious ways of patrolling via sea, land & air which in turn "could" strengthen our armed forces too.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

A truly independent Britain should take care and protect her own borders anyway, a task of which she is more than capable of carrying out and maintaining

We already do , it's called the UK Border Force.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
UK wants to leave? Dynamite the Chunnel, both ends.

Problem solved.

Oh, UK just doesn't want to foot the refugee bill.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Machine guns loaded. Come at us bro. It's not our fault Merkel invited them into Europe.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

But our Government's continuing interference in the M.E has contributed to the numbers flowing into Europe.

Leaving the E.U will reduce the number of migrants from the rest of he E.U, such as Polish, Romanians, Bulgarians and the Like, so there is a bigger incentive.

There is so much fear mongering from the Remain camp that it's almost laughable.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yeah, coz France was already doing a bang up job.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The brits should build a wall and let france pay for it. Its a stupid ideea i know but it has potentiale to make me president one day.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Gortex started a thread about this earlier today>> www.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted this in it:

originally posted by: grainofsand
The ferry and train operators have the ultimate responsibility for who they carry.
I say do it France, it is a toothless threat. Massive financial penalties on the companies for every illegal passenger they carry will sort it out quickly, and as SprocketUK said in a later post, removal of operator license if X number of illegal immigrants continue to be found on ships and trains.

It isn't a problem at all, just an increase of boarding security until the ferry or train leaves port.
Ever got onto a plane without a passport anyone? No of course not, and anyone who thinks such a principle cannot be directly transferred to ferries and trains must lack reasoning skills or is just a scaremongering 'remain' voter.

Oh and just a reminder that the £8 Billion the UK pays (net) to the EU each year can increase employement in the border force providing work for lots of people to screen the passengers, easily.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join