It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I Was Correct About What The French Would Do If We Exit The E.U.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
A couple of days ago, i suggested the French would move the Border Controls back to The U.K if we decided to leave The E.U. As posted here:-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

French Minister Emmanuel Macron has now stated exactly that.

France could end UK border controls in Calais and allow migrants to cross the Channel if the UK leaves the EU, a French minister has suggested

www.bbc.co.uk...

The French are so predictable.

edit on 3-3-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I've never liked the French.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
to be fair we can't have it both ways.

If we want out of the EU we look after our own boarders.

I am undecided on this vote on the one hand i want a end to the immigration and bureaucracy that comes with Europe yet on the other i want to keep the perks like low air fairs, easy travel, trade links even daft things like lower mobile phone tariffs abroad.

I need to know more about it before i make up my mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

We sure know how to pick our Allies, funny how when things don't go their way they resort to trying to hold us hostage.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

France could end UK border controls in Calais and allow migrants to cross the Channel if the UK leaves the EU, a French minister has suggested

www.bbc.co.uk...

The French are so predictable.

Um, that is because it is a reasonable and logical move. Partnerships, and being part of collectivities, offer benefits and drawbacks. You either decide to accept both when entering it, or you don't.
If you pull out, you lose the benefits and services as well as free yourself of the drawbacks.

Even, as the article stated:

Mr Cameron has also previously claimed migrant camps could move to England if the UK left the EU

Though Macron pointing out the possibility, is not the same as it being a reality. It is not his decision to make.
Cazeneuve (Minister of Interior) rejects these claims.

It is a logical possibility. Anyone in their right mind would bring it up as one possible consequence of such a choice.
The french are not total morons, so yes, in that way they are predictable in that they are aware of such possibilities.

Less predictable, however, is whether or not they will make such a choice.

I find the french to be a culture of much hypocrisy- lots of rhetoric and tough talk, but much less action in reality.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I thought that was rather old hat.

We do not need confirmation of things like this, they are givens, obvious choices to make. After all, why would the EU spend member state taxpayers money on defending the borders of another land, outside its aegis?

Any EU skeptics who also vote conservative are in no position to complain about such a thing, because after all, it makes the most fiscal sense. It is what would be done were roles reversed.

The irony and hypocrisy are both bittersweet.

There is the tingle of the inexorable about all of this.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

We sure know how to pick our Allies, funny how when things don't go their way they resort to trying to hold us hostage.

What a joke!

"If things don't go our way, watch out, we'll pull out!"
isn't doing exactly that..?????

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Maybe just maybe if The French put much tighter controls on their southern and eastern borders, there would be no build of illegal migrants at the Channel Ports. Just stop them getting into France in the first place.

Otherwise just round them all up and INSIST they claim asylum in France or send them back to wench they came from.

Common sense is a free commodity.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

originally posted by: Discotech

What a joke!

"If things don't go our way, watch out, we'll pull out!"
isn't doing exactly that..?????

Yeah, the hostage has taken a hostage.

If the vote is to pull out of the EU, trust me on this, the Rest of Europe wont be trying too hard to stop migration into the UK.

Hell, they might even facilitate it. If i was Border control in France, Germany, Holland, Sweden, etc etc, i might just be looking the other way when the migrants give it a go.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
That might be silly on the part of the French. Can you imagine the number of immigrants the British might send back to Europe if things go a bit pear shaped ? There could be a lot more heading to Europe than the other way around.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64
That might be silly on the part of the French. Can you imagine the number of immigrants the British might send back to Europe if things go a bit pear shaped ? There could be a lot more heading to Europe than the other way around.

And what happens if the migrants dont want to leave and the country of origin refuses to accept them. Do we just pen them up at our expense.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk

I've never liked the French.

That's a broad statement, I have been to France a few times and I find that I make friends where ever I go. I think Frenchmen are ok, but I adore French women.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Nice of our French cousins to threaten us like that isn't it. After years of failure, they want to use the camp as leverage (I thought that was the migrants plan) to get their way.
The thing is, if we do end up leaving, we'll be able to use our own legal powers to deport failed asylum seekers and illegal immigrants.
There is not a chance on earth that the UK would fail as badly as France and allow the problem to grow to such a ridiculous size.
I agree with the above poster. France has more to worry about on its other borders. We can always fill that stupid tunnel with concrete.
edit on 3-3-2016 by Tulpa because: Spilling

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

And what happens if the migrants dont want to leave and the country of origin refuses to accept them

It's commonly known as " Forcible Repatriation"

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think the Brits would be pleased not to have to pay £30 million a day in tax to Brussels? How many schools, hospitals, flood defences, doctors, nurses, paramedic, policemen, roads, railroads would that pay for each year?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
See what happens when the benefits are stopped for those who are deemed illegal immigrants and they are paid to go home.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64
See what happens when the benefits are stopped for those who are deemed illegal immigrants and they are paid to go home.

Most of them will be working and not on benefits.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

And what happens if the migrants dont want to leave and the country of origin refuses to accept them

It's commonly known as " Forcible Repatriation"

As i said. What if the country of origin wont accept them. How would you suggest the UK get's them from A to B successfully leaving them in B.?...... Parachute.? Super gun.? Teleportation.?

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
That will be France's problem.

posted on Mar, 3 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
How will they be working if they are illegals?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join