posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 10:37 PM
In an effort to spice things up around this website and encourage the creation of high quality threads, how about we establish an official Thread of
the Month competition? Judged by the overall quality of the thread, the winning thread would be showcased on the front page for 1 week of the
following month. The author could receive a boost to their stats/points.
How It Would Work
Only Mods would have the power to nominate a thread and members would have the option of voting from a collection that received the most nominations
(perhaps a special tab for mods with a collection of threads that have been nominated already - but not showing how many or by whom). For example, the
top ten threads with the most nominations would be placed in a random order into a poll thread which members could vote on. Mod threads can be
considered, but they will not be allowed to nominate their own threads.
- If a thread of the author makes it into the top ten, they are unable to vote in the poll.
- No member may win it two months in a row.
- Mods may only nominate a total of 3 threads each month.
- Only 3 threads from each forum category can be nominated in one month.
- Actual reward for winning (what would be a suitable reward/incentive)
- If there is a tie among nominations/votes (perhaps an extra internal poll between mods only if needed)
- Minimum time you must have been a member to qualify (what would be appropriate?)
- time window/deadline for submitting and tallying up nominations/votes (28th of each month?)
What do you think of the overall idea. Can you suggest any improvements?