It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Guide to proving your point without sufficient evidence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Im sorry Junglejake, you wont like my answer but i'ts been debunked long ago.

(Now this is the post with the grammar error. Unfortunately, this doesn't have much content. If, for example, instar had pointed out that nitrogen absorbs more green than other elements and oxygen blue, so therefore we should have a blue sky, I could attack his "i'ts". People would see I took the time to address his post, and that I completely ignored the point he made. This would imply complacancy, which comes when one knows they're going to win. It's a good thing. I need my meds...)

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Now if only you could convince SkepticOverlord to have the 'moderator' title placed within the ATS Store so that it could be available to buy with those points.....

seekerof

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Im sorry Junglejake, you wont like my answer but i'ts been debunked long ago.

(Now this is the post with the grammar error. Unfortunately, this doesn't have much content. If, for example, instar had pointed out that nitrogen absorbs more green than other elements and oxygen blue, so therefore we should have a blue sky, I could attack his "i'ts". People would see I took the time to address his post, and that I completely ignored the point he made. This would imply complacancy, which comes when one knows they're going to win. It's a good thing. I need my meds...)

LMAO Too clever for the words I dont have to describe it!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
wooaah there fella...

I think it was not a dig at an individual, purely an observation that didn't require such an obtuse response such as you gave. If you feel he made a personal attack upon you, I could understand that you would be upset (and I for one would back you up because personal attacks on discussion sites serves no purpose apart from being destructive..) unless you feel the qualities that Junglejake has expressed are reflections of qualities you feel you have.

Try to lighten up a little

Klep.

Well done, good and faithful servant! You just embarked upon chapter 4 of Advanced ATS Posting to Prove an Unsubstantiated Report. You managed to guilt him at the same time you belittled him so he'll, in the event of being young teen noob, become your lapdog, or will wander off to another bbs. There's a lot more I wanted to say about this, but I went to the bathroom while typing and got distracted. I'm sure more lessons will come as the day goes by.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Now if only you could convince SkepticOverlord to have the 'moderator' title placed within the ATS Store so that it could be available to buy with those points.....

seekerof

Ok, this comment can be taken one of over 1,000 different ways, so I'm walking away after pointing out a short lesson. When you want to make something clear and you're not good at expressing yourself or your not elequent, use lots of words. I do this all the time to try to make sure there are no misunderstandings. And I'm detail oriented. For example, this statement seeker (note nick again) made is very ambiguous (use big words but spell them poorly. This keeps you human in people's eyes. You have the vocabulary, but your greek tragidy weakness is that you can't spell it. Well...That human thing is what I keep telling myself, anyway, since I'm such a terrible speller...). When you hit posts that could be very pro you or very anti you, and you don't know which it is, joke about it, and not directly. For example

Seeker:
What he needs to do is add Madador to the ATS store and see how many people buy it thinking it's Moderator.

(inane, not too funny, but slightly amusing. Something that was out there, but forgotten. More importantly, it was 1 point. )

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

There's a lot more I wanted to say about this, but I went to the bathroom while typing and got distracted. I'm sure more lessons will come as the day goes by.

Here is a golden opening by which I can totally erode the opponents credibility by being derisive. For example answering the above quote with:

I understand that your Iq has now dropped and you are unable to make a counterpoint. Im sure you will share with us more wisdom after a good meal and a few hrs sleep

This poster must now be very clever indeed if he/she is to regain credibility.
He/she may become Mr Mad, and have a rant which will further erode credibility and make folk beleive he/she is mad because they are unable to provide an intelligent counter argument.

LOL

[edit on 083131p://03018 by instar]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

This poster must now be very clever indeed if he/she is to regain credibility.
He/she may become Mr Mad, and have a rant which will further erode credibility and make folk beleive he/she is mad because they are unable to provide an intelligent counter argument.

yeah?

well.................

Yo Mama!

hehehe

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I understand that your Iq has now dropped and you are unable to make a counterpoint. Im sure you will share with us more wisdom after a good meal and a few hrs sleep

Now, now, my friend. There is no need to get personal. I'm sorry I lost track of my thoughts while running to the head. I've got a massive ear infection (true), my dog is on the outs, ready to die (she died about 4 years ago), I have a fever of 102.3 (may be true, I'm feeling pretty crappy and don't own a thermometer...Why have evidence that I feel bad? I'll just blame my mind for over reacting to a few microbes.) and am having a very hard time maintaining a coherent thought. Perhaps when I'm healthy I could argue your point, except for the fact that you made no point. You just attacked me. What is it about my message that you're so afraid of letting it be spread? (I use that one a LOT! People do seem to fear giving a Christian an open medium to express their faith, so they attack.)

(See? Turned it around on him. Now instar looks like a jerk, people feel bad for me, so truth loses out to popularity...aaaaaagain.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Finally, Mr. Mythatsab, I don't want points. Why would I want points? All I could buy is removal of the sensors, and who the heck cares about that? I'm not a point whore (derogetory term I couldn't think of before. This is the term people will call you if they see through the reasoning behind your posts. What can I say, I'm a RPGer...I like to gain points purely for the points

Well Mr. Jungle-Jerk, it looks like you're playing games for points to me. this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard...

The government has a bilateral imaging array enhancement aligner (this is the fun part, throw a bunch of words together, and just make stuff up. You don't need to prove it or back it up; it's the government, of course it's true!) which fires a gamma pulse beam through our ocular nerve reversing the ratiocination (it does work) in the grey matter causing epileptic flashes of blue perception which outweigh the red perception so we never suspect Mars has a superior alien race bent on human destruction."

You even admit you're just throwing words together. Someone should get a moderator and have your dumb *** banned.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Well Mr. Jungle-Jerk, it looks like you're playing games for points to me. this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard...

...surely if you truely believe this and this antagonises you, why contribute further to this thread?

You even admit you're just throwing words together. Someone should get a moderator and have your dumb *** banned.

..comments like that are just as likely to spark a reaction from a mod chief!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You really have an ear infection?, ouch, I know how you feel, they can be damn painful. Hope you feel better soon mate.

Counter counter physcology, by throwing up a genuine and reasonable message, the previous damage is undone and now instar appears to be quite a reasonable bloke afterall.

LOL
I love this stuff! P.s If you really do have an ear infection i genuinly hope it clears up soon, I get one or two every winter and they aint a walk in the park. cheers

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

(You see, now we run into something interesting. I got the nickname jungle-jerk from mytha, so one of two things can be assumed. Either this guy is Rob from my office, or there is a creative bone in Mythatsab's body...Which kind of leads me to believe he's fishing for the blow-up or to play along on this thread. I could do the blow up reaction to show how not to handle getting angry (sorry, again, ashley!), but that would just involve saying # a lot. Instead, I'll play it cool

It may appear that I'm playing games for points here, but you'll notice I posted this thread under website related whatzits. You don't get points for having a thread or posting in this forum (dunno if this is true, I could be blowing smoke up your...with an industrial reversable vaccume). So what would the point be of making several posts that don't earn me a thing unless I really believed it was true? Also, name calling is so juvenile. If you have a problem with me, address the problem. Don't hide behind insults...It's cowardly and pathetic.

Also, where did I admit I throw words together? (This could be dangerous. I did, in fact, admit this. After hitting post reply on this one, I'm going to have to come up with an explanation as to what I really ment when I said that. Only do this if you think you can explain away the evidence. NEVER do this if you aren't sure you said that. ALWAYS BE SURE!) I'm assuming you're taking a quote of mine out of context. (It might be a good idea to make that same quote on another thread in a joking manner. Then you can link to that one instead of the one they're quoting. People will wonder which is accurate...for about 5 seconds, but that's enough for some).

Finally, considering one of the moderators wished I could buy my moderatorship (another dangerous move. I assumed in the positive that SeekerOf ment he wanted me to be a mod. Seeker could come out and debunk this, remain silent (prefered) or go ahead an make me a mod (VERY VERY VERY unlikely). I'm counting on the silence, but am prepared in the event of a slam by seeker.) It doesn't sound like the mods are going to be silencing this (implied thread) voice of wisdom any time soon!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You really have an ear infection?, ouch, I know how you feel, they can be damn painful. Hope you feel better soon mate.

Counter counter physcology, by throwing up a genuine and reasonable message, the previous damage is undone and now instar appears to be quite a reasonable bloke afterall.

LOL
I love this stuff! P.s If you really do have an ear infection i genuinly hope it clears up soon, I get one or two every winter and they aint a walk in the park. cheers

Not quite. You left me a very large opening, instar. You addressed the personal injury. This was good. (I really do, and it's spread to my jaw which is why I'm so chatty on ATS lately --hurts like heck to talk. Must....Express....Self!) However, you didn't address my point. I could take that mentality of "You attacked (non-attacked?) but didn't go after the subject matter at hand, you must have lost the factual arguement and are switching to emotional!) So here we go.)

Thank you for your kind words. The doc said it had spread to my lower jaw, and it's really hard to speak, chew, etc. It's right in that lousey joint on my right side.

Despite your kindness, however, I found your post lacking in substance. Technically, a message like that should have been U2Ued to me as it has nothing to do with the debate we are engauged in currently. Are you admitting I'm right? (At this point, if you think the thread is going to go gang busters, you may just thank the person and leave well enough alone. Then, 60 posts or so later, you could say instar changed his mind about it (lack of contradiction implies assent) and use that angle. Since I doubt this thread is going to last much longer than my boredom, I'm going to go after him now.)

Just a word to the wise, the mods usually don't appreciate posts that belong in U2Us -- they dock points and remove the post. (giving moderator-like advise makes it appear you're looking out for their welll being though they disagree with you, there by reinforcing the title "friend" used to manipulate at times. )

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well of course you deleted the entire quote so you can go on playing your silly games. Here it is again so we can all see how dumb you really are...

The government has a bilateral imaging array enhancement aligner (this is the fun part, throw a bunch of words together, and just make stuff up. You don't need to prove it or back it up; it's the government, of course it's true!) which fires a gamma pulse beam through our ocular nerve reversing the ratiocination (it does work) in the grey matter causing epileptic flashes of blue perception which outweigh the red perception so we never suspect Mars has a superior alien race bent on human destruction."

EVERYONE knows the imaging ray enhancement aligner DOES NOT fire it's gamma pulse beams through our occular nerves. It fires it's gamma pulse beams at the Earth's magnetic field, ionizing the red particles so that they only refract light from the blue spectrum.

Where's a moderator when you need one...

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
junglejake, you are a supercilious, arrogant individual whose attempts at humor are so outre that the average listener misses the point.

Your so-called 'expertise' and facility with the language are only a thin veneer over a personality that is probably tied to a life of disinformation, lies, and betrayal of the human race.

Your sarcasm is not well taken nor is it welcome here by the majority of the posters.

In other words, you're me on steroids.

You got my vote this month, bubba!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
junglejake, this is by far the best thread I have ever read on ATS this year so far... Hehe oh ya the sky is green btw. I heard it on Coast to Coast so it MUST be true

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
ROFLMAO Jungle jake, Why are you not a politician?

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well, this is an interesting post.... Even more interesting that people took the bait hook, line and sinker, and then allowed him to further illustrate it, hehe...

As a staff disclaimer, I'll emphasize that belittling someone else's intelligence, etc. is NOT the way to go about making your argument. If the "can't dazzle them with facts, so baffle them with bull#" approach works, fine...but don't insult members to get your point across...(directed at more than one on this thread).

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Dear junglejake!
I believe your opening statement refers to Zetatalk, which proves that under the eloquent surface you are nothing more, than their secret messenger

Popularity you have gained by your well worded thread might be dangerous to ATS future
- so beware! Zetatalk debunkers are going to chase you forever

*running downstairs to search for tinfoil hat *

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
People often get very upset here if what they believe in is questioned....so they come up with cute little things to debunk the debunking....the truth of the matter is and always will be....that because you believe with all your heart & soul....does not make it true, and, unless you can prove something, and back it up....it will be questioned and picked apart...

Gazrock: Right on!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join