It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your avatar bother people?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Never had any complaints about my avatar, it is what it is, an electron microscope image of sand grains from a beach I love local to me.
I chose it for the 'real' world link...and because I think it looks pretty

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
no idea...but now I know its "a thing", I might have to see if I can get a complaint without straying outside of t&cs

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I have had members get deeply personal with me over my avatar, saying the dude in it looks dumb...

That was a really uncomfortable exchange, I had no idea it was you and thought it was just some random besotted punter.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
They certainly do. My mind has created a correlation between your avatar and proper posts. Almost, or exactly, like Pavlov's dogs created a correlation between the sound of a bell and food. Great avatar, can't imagine it any different and really cool to see how you look. You remind me of the band My Dying Bride because you're British as are they and long hair I suppose. I'm having trouble uploading an image, but I feel there's something there. Merry eternal drinking.

Avatars are good to use to picture people. Much better than blank grayness.
edit on 29-2-2016 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
You just gotta keep bringing that back up, don't you?
Usually when you accept someone's apology, you let the issue drop afterward.

Sorry man. I promise not to share the poem you wrote.

ETA: Ah, screw it:

You leave me so breathless;
you're charming and cute.
I never have loved
a more fine prostitute.

edit on 29-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
... people care that much about a damn avatar.. ?

just the ones with alien faces creep me out. but it's been that way my whole life.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: spirit_horse

his avatar is far more than just christian if you look closley

Oh I know. I looked. It has many statements. I don't understand what this offended thing is people claim. I have seen things that offended me being christian like the cross in a jar of piss as art, but then who cares. So it has a piece of wood in a jar of piss. I don't see anything to be offended at in his avatar. Or any others for that matter.

It is this premise that being offended should make someone else have to change their opinion or in this case avatar which is at the bottom of some serious ills going on in society imo. I just wondered what people were complaining about in his avatar. I never looked at it closely before today, but I like it.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Should have stayed on the pole that night, old chap.

It's filth down here in the cheap seats and the lighting is awful

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Cheers!

link   

link   
My avatar depicts the nobility of thought and the endless possibilities of ideations and concepts yet undiscovered within the realm of mankind.

It does intimidate people from time to time. And for that, I'm sorry.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This latest iteration of my avatar could offend people I suppose. It is the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse descending into hell (skull in fire representing the hell on earth) taking the rest with them and leaving destruction behind on a nuclear level. Representing the role of religion causing so many ills in society and taking us all down with it as a result. So many wars today have religious overtones involved.

And being spirit horse, I liked the last one in the line being ghost/spirit like in appearance. Being I am no graphic artist, I did the best I could using a base pic and adding to it.

Que Sera Sera...

edit on 29/2/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Roses are red
Violets are glorious.
You should never sneak uo
on Oscar Pistorius.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hehehehe!

Really goddamn terrible, and I love it!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I often feel kind of left out because I can't see anyone's avatar on my mobile. Have tried all I could with my account settings but no dice. I feel like a blind man playing poker.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I concede to your vastly superior knowledge of the romantic arts.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don/t know if mine offends anyone or not. It's not anything, really. Just somethingI scribbled on a site called Silk.

Actually, after I put it on as my avatar, I did see a few things it could be. I won't say what because I don't want to influence anyone.
edit on 2/29/2016 by N3k9Ni because: eta

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I know...I'm sure my avatar...much like yours...annoys the hell out of everyone...

The reason I don't have one is that I don't take this place that seriously...it's just another website to me...I'm really not much of a conspiracy theorist...

Now that I have to turn off my addblocker just to use the site...it appeals to me even less...I'm not a huge fan of trackers...
Why have a screen name and avatar when they track you anyways...Yawn...I really do need to find a hobby to replace all the wasted hours here...

Any suggestions...?

YouSir

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Yawn...I really do need to find a hobby to replace all the wasted hours here...

Any suggestions...?

You could raise Sphinx Moths and make your own clothing.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

i love the show fringe, watched it all the way through numerous times.

yes i think my avatar might disturb a few, but those are just intolerant ignorant people, who cares about them.
edit on 29-2-2016 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join