It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your avatar bother people?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
People have begged me to change mine.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I'm going to keep guessing. Not at night though. Think happy thoughts at night. I can see it now, in my head.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yep. More than one member has called me "skeletor" after getting butt hurt over something I've said. Not sure why they think it's a self portrait, though. Others have somehow cleverly deduced that it represents what kind of person I am.

Not sure how they reconcile that belief with members that have pictures of dogs...or TV characters...or no avatar at all even.

Apparently it's supposed to hurt my feelings to make fun of the avatar? I haven't quite figured it out yet.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263
I believe it's time to change mate. wink

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I would give it more credence IF YOU TALKED LIKE THIS.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire

Superb.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I have to disagree on that one...

If only you knew...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I have to disagree on that one...

If only you knew...

Oops.

I concour.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I cannot stop looking at this now.

Superb, simply suberb sir.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

It's great isn't it. I really want to use it but I fear change.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
People have thought I'm a woman/girl! Nothing wrong with that, but I put "Male" as a title above the avatar to fix the issue. Not what I look like. Maybe who I'm looking for.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I love your avatar.

I have had members get deeply personal with me over my avatar, saying the dude in it looks dumb (and it is my face, so you can see how that goes), that I must be a drunk and all that, while complaining about its movement.

My attitude to this is as follows. When I receive a complaint from a member who has never complained before, which only states that my avatar is causing them physical harm, and backs it up with a scan of a doctors report which clearly shows the name of the symptom or sickness that my avatar is making worse or kicking off, then I will take it down and replace it. Till then, can it.

I was done with other people changing things in my life years ago. I change me, no one else. That's a right I would do a great deal of horrid stuff to protect.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ah yes, a favourite of mine. Sort of makes me feel at home.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
That's actually you? Awesome.Not quite seeing the dumbness in the face. Always liked your avatar, means there's a proper and well thought out post.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I cannot stop looking at this now.

Superb, simply suberb sir.

is it left? no it's right,... or wait

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Does your avatar bother people

This one below did, in fact I got comments from both ends of the spectrum ranging from disgust to awesomeness......

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Does your avatar bother people

This one below did, in fact I got comments from both ends of the spectrum ranging from disgust to awesomeness......

How did you get rid of that face tattoo?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

stranger than.....

or

when i say "complain" i mean a member messaged me directly to say something. ATS has only removed 1 image. A gorilla sniper that was aiming a little too close to the viewer for T&C to tolerate.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Well, this is the ATS family we are all in here! And you know as well as I do what it is to be part of the furniture in this place!

You get used to seeing folks around, catching up when time permits! Just like any other place people call home. Just like any other community. Of course, if I were down the block from you, it would be beer o'clock right now sir!

a reply to: Tiamat384

Yes, that is me in my avatar. The Gif was taken from a short video I did, to spread neutral messages of greeting on a Valentines thread many moons ago. Gordi, a fellow member and all round good egg, was the one who knocked the gif out for me, if I remember correctly. Lovely chap, did me a very good turn there. I still have no idea how he did it!

Anywany, I am glad to hear that not only does my face NOT look dumb, but also that seeing my avatar brings about an assumption of quality in whatever post displays beside my rum guzzling image. I can only hope that my posts live up to expectations going forward! Thank you!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Nah.......none of them gave me the any kind of uncomforting feeling like the first one. It's all good though! I just had to reply though because I normally don't get bothered by much, but that picture made me go hmmmm....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join