It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bow hunters and enthusiast's I present to you the Crosman pioneer air bow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix we can still legally own shotguns, rifles and .22 caliber guns. We're not totally defenceless

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That thing is perfect for the zombie apocalypse. Darryl Dixon ain't got nothing on that thing.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Not according to federal law if you are a felon or convicted of a misdemeanor that carries a possible maximum penalty of 2 years or more. That's right you can be federally prohibited from buying/owning any firearm according to federal law for misdemeanors now as well.

a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: ignorant_ape

DEFRA = a UK government agency that controls what weapons can be legally used for hunting

currently - hunting any wild animal with a bow or crossbow is illegal

I don't even know what to say to this...man you poor bastards in the UK are already living a overly restrictive nanny state. With the growing refugee problem over there and the restrictive laws on owning/using weapons (which seem to include self defense items like pepper spray) I'd absolutely hate to be a citizen in the UK.

Yeah whats not to like about this? one could proberbly wipe out a entire classroom without anyone noticing. classy piece of kit.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Uuum...NO! These are single load platforms and the reload time in between shots would easily allow someone time enough to stop the attacker mid reload. Stop being such a wimpy subservient _______ .

a reply to: Curious69

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Nah it wont take long before some genius figures out how to make it full automatic. you got the market and the laws to fit
such things. and its only murican scared wimps that needs weapons.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Curious69

its only murican scared wimps that needs weapons.

I'd like to see you hunt medium to large game with only your hands, good luck.

edit on 29-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This seems closer to a crossbow then a bow to me in both look and how you use it...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That's pretty awesome, but I can see how this will be restricted probably in the same way crossbows we're for a time in that you'll have to be either a youth or a senior to be allowed to use it for hunting. Then again, the way things keep getting deregulated in that sense, I doubt it.

I'll take my takedown recurve over that any day.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

If it was about getting the meat then the rifle is the easier choice .Each to his own I guess . There are even some spear chuckers out there lol .My cousin snares them .I don't hunt anymore but still have my 1976 PSE Lazar Magnum .

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I have news. Its easy enough to make your own bolts for this really and not even buy the exspensive ones. Sheesh. its not like this hasnt been done before. SHoot ive modified a air rifle before to do this. changed th e barrel out fo r a slightly bigger one that had th e diameter to accept th e arrow.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix we can still legally own shotguns, rifles and .22 caliber guns. We're not totally defenceless

Versus your military and police? yes you are.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This reminded me, I've meaning to make me one of these sling bows... a must have for any bugout bag.

embed link don't work for some reason... www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-2-2016 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I'm more of a gun guy, but if I could afford to buy this, I totally would. This is so badass.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
USE a system that has years of use...swivelmachine.com...
It's a better deal too.
YOU CAN order tanq darts for the kids!
edit on 29-2-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

Versus your military and police? yes you are.

Firearms ownership in the UK is prohibited for personal defence!

With all the US arms ownership, how is that "versus military and police" thing going for you? Seems when it comes to the crunch, all the brave armed to the teeth yanks shuffle off and be good little citizens!

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

www.parkerbows.com...

Parker Bows does it again with the launch of another industry first: the Parker Concorde Crossbow with the patented Quick Draw System - the first ever automatic cocking crossbow. The Concorde redefines the modern hunting crossbow with push-button ease of operation and 300+ feet per second performance.

edit on 29-2-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Looks like a cool little piece to have around for fun. There wouldn't be a safe water filled mild jug...

Not sure I'd want to have to use two shots to take down something the size of a buff though... Things that large out in the wild tend towards cranky when hurt.

As for cost? Wait a few months, or a year, and you'll be able to find one at a pawn shop, or gun show, and certainly on line at Ebay, or Amazon, at much less money. Bolts, or arrows? With a little practise, you could probably make your own easily enough.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

a reply to: ignorant_ape

DEFRA = a UK government agency that controls what weapons can be legally used for hunting

currently - hunting any wild animal with a bow or crossbow is illegal

I don't even know what to say to this...man you poor bastards in the UK are already living a overly restrictive nanny state. With the growing refugee problem over there and the restrictive laws on owning/using weapons (which seem to include self defense items like pepper spray) I'd absolutely hate to be a citizen in the UK.

Thats a bit harsh! they do let us have a fishing rod ya know!....so long as we get a license

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Please don't take this the wrong way but not all of us view cost as a restrictive quality. This thing is great for someone like YouSir who may be affected by arthritis yet still feels the urge to get out and hunt or target shoot. It may be a gimmick but it's a gimmick that will drop a buffalo.

a reply to: DAVID64

if you can't draw a real bow, you're doomed

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join