It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen shot by SLC cops identified as 17-year-old Abdi Mohamed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Quick Quiz:

Name one single death that has occurred from "Broomstick".

m.news24.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cypress

Quick Quiz:

Name one single death that has occurred from "Broomstick".

Instances are not publicised but I know of two juvenile corrections officers permanently disabled due to closed head injuries from attacks by residents with such objects used as weapons. They didnt go home from the end of their shift to their families but instead to the ER. When they were able to go home, one went home unfit to hold a job permanently disabled before he was 35, the other unfit for her post in the center and had to be reassigned due to reoccuring medical issues.

Both due directly to a broomstick? Basically a glorified matchstick?

What is your obsession with trying to prove a broomstick can't be a lethal weapon? You can murder people with most anything.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wish I could care, but I dont. These people have been sucking out my guilt for years and Ive got none left. I do not care and await for this thing to kick off to tell you how I really feel about everything.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Cypress

Well considering the witnesses have said he was at least 50 feet away from them I think it's safe to assume he didn't have a 50ft long broom handle.

A Taser would have been sufficient.

I would pay money to see your change of tone if it was your family member being clubbed by anything.

Something tells me you wouldn't be so comfortable telling your family "hey, I know you had been getting clubbed for a few minutes, so I figured you could take a few more good solid blows before anyone intervened. We wouldn't want to cause the guy who was beating you any undue harm."

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea I never said whether the aggression was justified or not, just that action and response by law enforcement and non law enforcement was getting more aggressive. Whether the chicken or egg came first....personally I think cops are way out of line with the use of force and abuse of power.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

a reply to: Cypress

Well considering the witnesses have said he was at least 50 feet away from them I think it's safe to assume he didn't have a 50ft long broom handle.

A Taser would have been sufficient.

I would pay money to see your change of tone if it was your family member being clubbed by anything.

Something tells me you wouldn't be so comfortable telling your family "hey, I know you had been getting clubbed for a few minutes, so I figured you could take a few more good solid blows before anyone intervened. We wouldn't want to cause the guy who was beating you any undue harm."

So the police officers had family members involved in the fight? Is that what you're trying to say? Because if not then your post makes no sense whatsoever in the context of this thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

What is your obsession with trying to prove a broomstick can't be a lethal weapon? You can murder people with most anything.

No obsession, just an observation that a taser could have disabled someone who had a mere broomstick and that lethal use of force was not necessary whatsoever.

What, if I may ask however, is your obsession with trying to prove that deadly force was the only option in this scenario?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

cough cough. I said attacking and kidnapping. Nice try.

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1106929/pg1

Well it seems things are heating up again, as several officer related shootings have occured recently, maybe the people of this country have had enough (joke) and, maybe, we can stop these attacks on children. I know I have had enough of this kind of stuff, and I DONT think the solution is disarming anyone BUT these criminals with badges. I really feel that the time is near (though I seriously doubt it will start in Salt Lake City) and that all it will take is the right person to stand up, in the right place, and there will be an awakening on a massive scale, at least for those who have been abused by the blue mafia anyway (most around here

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I have had cops point guns at me so they could kidnap my kids in retaliation. An eye for an eye.
edit on 1-3-2016 by SharonGlass because: add

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

It is funny how you get only a star from me. This site is starting to feel like it is part of the thin blue line.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: KanerD

Now were talking. Why don't you move to Franklin, Ky., it will be kicking off here soon enough.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

They always leave out what the person being beaten did. Conveniently..... GO COPS (joke)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwontrun
a reply to: Boadicea I never said whether the aggression was justified or not, just that action and response by law enforcement and non law enforcement was getting more aggressive. Whether the chicken or egg came first....personally I think cops are way out of line with the use of force and abuse of power.

My apologies for presuming too much. I should know better; perhaps I should have asked rather than assumed... or something. Thanks for correcting me. I will use this to try to do better.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SharonGlass

I have had cops point guns at me so they could kidnap my kids in retaliation. An eye for an eye.

Hi Sharon,

I believe that your case was quite different than the one presented here. What I read in your thread, including the references to others who experienced the same level of corruption as you, had a significant emotional impact on me. I will say that by not getting shot by those corrupt cops, though it must have been painful beyond anything I can imagine, you lived to fight another day. And as near as I can tell, you are definitely fighting the good fight!

In the case detailed in the OP, it appears that this alleged perpetrator did not respond to the officer's command to drop the weapon. So he paid the price. If other evidence comes to light that the officer acted too hastily and shot the man illegally, I'll be the first to admit that I jumped to judgement.

I'll also say that for my part I'm not always on the side of the police. I judge, sometimes prematurely, each case as I come to it. I find that the MSM will oftentimes blow these things way out of proportion. I prefer to always take the position, at least initially, that anything reported in the mainstream media is sensationalized. Then I try to find actual evidence about the event to persuade me one way or the other.

However, I believe you will find that here on ATS your disdain for law enforcement is consistent with most of our other netizens. My position of giving the LEOs the benefit of the doubt is definitely in the minority.

You've already done some good work here in our little online community and I have a lot of respect for you. I hope that you continue to contribute your insight.

-dex

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I appreciate your compliments. I do not think i have made an impact yet. I got to visit my son (22 months) today and he has a swollen eye and he didn't want anything to do with us. I feel my time is near to do what is right and to get this show on the road.
ON TOPIC. I feel I will suffer a similar fate at the hands of the same out of control monster soon. But it will be worth it. Maybe all these incidents will be some motivation for the good people still left.... like you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join