It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unrest broke out in a Salt Lake City neighborhood Saturday night after what appears to be a shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Unrest broke out in a Salt Lake City neighborhood Saturday night after what appears to be a shooting involving a police officer, the Salt Lake Tribune reports (http://(link tracking not allowed)/1Qce9DU .)

The shooting happened about 8:15 p.m. near downtown, the paper says. Selam Mohammad told the Tribune that a police officer shot a 16-year-old boy who was his friend. Police have not provided details about the shooting, the newspaper says.

City police are being helped by officers from three other departments as onlookers throw rocks at officers and yell obscenities, the Tribune says. Police have closed a light rail stop in the neighborhood.

The newspaper says that at 8:40 p.m., a line of officers moved protesters down a sidewalk.

Unrest broke out in a Salt Lake City neighborhood Saturday night after what appears to be a shooting involving a police officer, the Salt Lake Tribune reports

Well it seems things are heating up again, as several officer related shootings have occured recently, maybe the people of this country have had enough (joke) and, maybe, we can stop these attacks on children. I know I have had enough of this kind of stuff, and I DONT think the solution is disarming anyone BUT these criminals with badges. I really feel that the time is near (though I seriously doubt it will start in Salt Lake City) and that all it will take is the right person to stand up, in the right place, and there will be an awakening on a massive scale, at least for those who have been abused by the blue mafia anyway (most around here

[snipped]
edit on 27-2-2016 by SharonGlass because: add

edit on Sun Feb 28 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: T&C

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SharonGlass

Don't even have a clue as to what happened and it is already the cops fault eh? It says in the article that the kid shot had a broomstick in his hand arguing with some man and police told him to drop it and he turned around and was shot. There isn't enough information yet to really say what happened. If you have a weapon, and a broomstick is according to law, and make a threatening gesture toward a cop, well welcome to the US, you probably will get shot.

Saying that, I don't know why a tazer wasn't used if possible? Again, we have to wait before making unfounded accusations.

edit on 27/2/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

it is already the cops fault eh?

yup.

and apparently the neighborhood thought so also.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Seems like there's constantly unrest somewhere now.

One stops another starts.. How long before there is multiple issues at once?

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Of course they did. We have seen that happen many times when the truth shows in the end something more akin to the poor victim had his hands up, when in actuality he just robbed a store, fought the cop for his gun in the car, and then ended up shot.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Of course they did. We have seen that happen many times when the truth shows in the end something more akin to the poor victim had his hands up, when in actuality he just robbed a store, fought the cop for his gun in the car, and then ended up shot.

yeah yeah all the time ..not

The police are militarized and not civilian officers now...they ARE your occupying army.....get used to more brutality....called for or not.....

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

Don't even have a clue as to what happened and it is already the cops fault eh? It says in the article that the kid shot had a broomstick in his hand arguing with some man and police told him to drop it and he turned around and was shot. There isn't enough information yet to really say what happened. If you have a weapon, and a broomstick is according to law, and make a threatening gesture toward a cop, well welcome to the US, you probably will get shot.

Saying that, I don't know why a tazer wasn't used if possible? Again, we have to wait before making unfounded accusations.

Odds say, it is the cop's fault. Especially when a child is involved with police.

And then the cops will delve into said child's facebook and call him a thug. I can see it right now.
edit on 28-2-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I can tell you it is coming here soon. Even if it's just me.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yeah, I have seen enough guns pointed at my kids on more than one occasion. To hell will these sub human scum. I bet if there is a devil, even he will gag a little bit when child killers and abusers land in his lake of fire.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

lol, "attacks on children"... Come off it, will ya'?

You left out the bit in the article where the kid was armed with a portion of a broomstick, and was in an altercation with another man, when police arrived..

And all we have to go off right now, is the eyewitness testimony(which is worth pretty much nothing) of the dead boy's friend....because that's not gonna be biased at all.. ::rolls eyes::

Yeah, the cops just rolled up, and capped this brown kid for no reason at all... just like Mike Brown dindunuffin....except shoplifting from a store, assaulting a clerk at that store, and then assaulting a police officer, and later charging at that same police officer, intending to assault him again... riiiiiight..

Would you care to buy a bridge? I offer a wide selection, at fair prices, and with flexible payment plans.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Yup...sounds JUST like Ferguson...

Without knowing ANYTHING about the circumstances of what happened, a bunch of reactionary dips**ts decide who's at fault, and then mob logic takes over..

Jesus Christ, i hate people..
edit on 2-28-2016 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

eah, the cops just rolled up, and capped this brown kid for no reason at all... just like Mike Brown dindunuffin

The second reference to mike brown in this thread.... (off topic) and a racist stereotype in the same sentence.

Boy I wish we were in the same room so you could "instigate these guy"

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Jesus Christ, i hate people..

Well, we agree on something.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SharonGlass

eah, the cops just rolled up, and capped this brown kid for no reason at all... just like Mike Brown dindunuffin

The second reference to mike brown in this thread.... (off topic) and a racist stereotype in the same sentence.

Boy I wish we were in the same room so you could "instigate these guy"

lol. No, it's not Off-Topic. You're the one who made reference to "attacks on children" While not legally a child, Brown was still a dumb kid.

What racist stereotype are you talking about? NOTHING i said was "racist"

I love how you imply that you would do violence to me if we were in the same room.. keep fighting the good fight, you brave internet keyboard badass, you...

SERIOUSLY...with the bumper crop of idiotic threads and posts i'm seeing lately, i'm honestly starting to think we ought to change this site's motto to "Embrace Ignorance"

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

probably not for the same reasons, sunshine...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I can't begin to tell you how many times I had guns pointed at me. Probably a hundred times at least by federal, state, and local police. I am 6'1' 220 and carry a weapon usually in a rear waist holster, along with 2 backups. Shotguns to the back of the head, automatic weapons, etc. working deep cover. Not ever once did I get shot. Know why? Because I remained still, showed my hands clearly, and followed commands. I didn't turn toward them with stick in hand, reach for my waist, or anything like that.

People think they can raise hell, make provocative moves, etc. as they have no respect for authority and end up shot. Remember, police are usually in an adrenaline filled moment too and their training kicks in almost automatically. It usually means either getting shot or not. Do you know how quick it can happen someone can pull a weapon and shoot? If they are any good a second or two.

That being said, I have seen straight up killings done on purpose in person. However, that normally occurred with career criminals known to be violent and hurting people in the streets, or targeted operations on a level not seen around local public areas. However, before you can start blaming the cops, you might want to gather some facts. This thread was posted and making accusations before anyone even knows what happened. As stated in the article, the guy shot had a broomstick in his hand and was in an argument. He was probably being aggressive since he was in an argument. Notice the picture in the article, his 19 year old friend isn't shot. He is standing there with his hands up. No one else was shot in the crowd throwing stones either. You people have got some issues.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

You left out the bit in the article where the kid was armed with a portion of a broomstick, and was in an altercation with another man, when police arrived..

So a 16 year old with a broomstick is now worthy of a good shoot huh.......

If a 16 year old with a broomstick cannot be handled any other way that with a bullet you are scraping the barrel ....ugh

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The point is that we don't have anywhere NEAR all the information needed to have a clear picture of what occurred. This is in no way helped by the OP's deliberate omission of pertinent facts, and their immediate, clearly agenda-driven, narrative spinning that the cops straight up executed an innocent minority child.

We need more details, not irrational, reactionary crap.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

We need more details, not irrational, reactionary crap.

Yes agreed, still at face value without facts i find it hard to digest the only option was to shoot the child

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

He was armed with a portion of broom stick. The horror! :O

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join