It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unrest broke out in a Salt Lake City neighborhood Saturday night after what appears to be a shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

I'm gonna quote this fella', because he said it better than i could hope to..

"Rules of engagement" is a term typically used by military units in foreign lands, often to describe guidelines for when military personnel may direct or return fire to a target. It is not a fitting phrase to describe law enforcement / citizen interaction.

As Dan Robb noted, the general guidelines governing law enforcement / citizen interaction in the US is the Fourth Amendment. It states, in a nutshell, that people should be free to go about their business with minimal fear of interference from the police. This is reinforced by the Fourteenth Amendment extending this protection to all citizens equally.

Law enforcement officers may use whatever force is reasonably necessary to effect an arrest or protect themselves (or others) from imminent harm. When using firearms, they should have specific targets and not engage in "cover fire" or "fire for effect" tactics commonly used by military personnel.

Specific actions taken officers may vary from one jurisdiction to the next due to State laws, individual departments' policies, and case law in effect.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LibsAreBeta

lol, no i didn't.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

The best part is your disbelief of my reality is huge compliment. Not everyone decided to get shot at for no reason after high school.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari
We're talking about a broom stick!!! His response should have reflected the threat. Shouldnt be so quick to shoot to kill. I was going to bring the taste up also, maybe some pepper spray, non-lethal munitions. It was so many other alternatives. I don't know the details maybe the kid was going nuts but I wholeheartedly believe shooting to kill in all situations is ridiculous. I give you more credit then your letting on, you can't see the right in shooting a kid dead with a broom stick!

Of course i don't think shooting a kid dead, because he's standing there with a broomstick, is in any way, the correct application of lethal force. Nor do i believe that shooting to kill in every situation is right.. I'm not a f**king idiot.

Yes, a Taser, Beanbag shells, Rubber bullets, CS spray, Pepper spray, etc, would have been acceptable to use, under normal circumstances.

Again, we just don't have enough facts yet.. there HAS to be a reason(even if it's a BS one) why the officer employed lethal force to a 16 year old, with a stick, or a pipe, or whatever the hell it was...

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Any lawyer, prosecutor, or judge will tell you that eyewitness testimony is generally unreliable, and is nearly worthless. Doubly so, when the eyewitness has any relationship whatsoever to the subject.

Get your life together man

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

What in the wide world of off-topic, are you on about?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

because your reply to that post on the LAST page wasn't enough, AMIRITE?

Are you trolling? It seems like you're trolling..

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Thank you for those sites. My state is in the middle, for now.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

I agree. What is your opinion? Do you think we are headed for war here?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Any lawyer, prosecutor, or judge will tell you that eyewitness testimony is generally unreliable, and is nearly worthless. Doubly so, when the eyewitness has any relationship whatsoever to the subject.

Well sure all eye witness testimony is unreliable if it contradicts what the militarized, jack-booted, Cult of Authority says. But if the "relationship" is one cop lying through his teeth for another cop, of course, it's all factual and the gospel according to the Authority Cult.

Which code is it that defines a broomstick as a deadly weapon in your world?

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You act like this is an isolated incident. These are just from Kentucky.

medicalkidnap.com... unished/

medicalkidnap.com...< br />
medicalkidnap.com...

medicalkidnap.com...

medicalkidnap.com...

medicalkidnap.com...

medicalkidnap.com...

medicalkidnap.com...[/ur l]

[url]healthimpactnews.com/2016/child-trafficking-reported-in-kentucky-as-one-of-the-most-corrupt-states-in-the-country/

[url]http://healthimpactnews.com/2016/kentucky-parents-found-not-guilty-of-charges-in-criminal-court-but-family-court-refuses-to-return-children/[/url ]

Keep on making excuses.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SharonGlass

I think you may be mental...

How in the hell does what you linked to, have ANYTHING to do with what happened in SLC?

How in the hell do you conflate a corrupt CPS department in Kentucky, with a shooting in Utah, that we currently know piss all about?

I can't figure out the mental gymnastics.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

How about when the testimony contradicts the forensic evidence? Human memory isn't always clear.

Why would the broomstick need to be "defined", "designated", or "classified" as a "lethal weapon"? With the proper training, your hands can become lethal weapons. ANYTHING can be a lethal weapon, if used appropriately.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

You must work for the corrupt government that allows this stuff to go on.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: SharonGlass

You must work for the corrupt government that allows this stuff to go on.

ROFL! What?

I'm literally laughing hysterically right now... That is one of the most insane things anyone has said to me. I've been on this incarnation of ATS for nearly 12 years, and i've had some real crazy thrown my way... Good job, SharonGlass.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

i was thinking cop.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

There are lots of those and other employees getting free rides from the government on here. You can spot them a mile away I see.

edit on 28-2-2016 by SharonGlass because: add

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

i was thinking cop.

originally posted by: SharonGlass
a reply to: booyakasha

There are lots of those and other employees getting free rides from the government on here. You can spot them a mile away I see.

lol, you guys are funny.

So when someone points out that you've lept to conclusions, based on nothing, pokes holes in your laughable arguments and assertions, and requests a little common sense and forethought, that person MUST be either a cop, or a g-man?

Jesus, there's crazy, and then there's you two...

by all means, keep spinning your tale of crazy, and sharting baseless accusations. I'll be in the other room, waiting for facts and information related to the event in Utah.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Thank you for that info. I am kind of numb from shock. As long as people believe they own a woman's body, why not their children also. Men can hardly avoid being criminals with so many laws against the individual, it is double for women.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Everyone is a criminal in the eyes of the law. It is just a matter of time until they turn on any of us. I have been lucky to escape with my life, even more so with my husband. If your talking about the cps corruption links check this thread out - www.abovetopsecret.com...he was outside and had a rifle trained on the cops/kidnappers, but they took the kids before he got there, so he thought they left with nothing. If he had known they were already gone, we would be all over the news.

It is just a matter of time.

Thank you and stay safe.
edit on 28-2-2016 by SharonGlass because: spelling

edit on 28-2-2016 by SharonGlass because: add

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join