It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the B-21

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaph any thoughts on the lack of control surfaces on the design?

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

Just the drawing. They altered some things in it, and left a few things off, as you may have noticed with the exhaust. They'll show more in the near future once more comes out.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Honestly, I think it's an internationally detail-less drawing and not too much weight put behind it. The real deal could look very different.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I doubt they will put up full schematics this early in the game.They have only done a demonstrator so a lot of things will change when it gets up to prototype stage and flying and then there will be more changes before it hits production..

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Big Train like you I would love to see a mach 5 bomber, but in reality it's impossible to make bombing mission at this speed we must stay in earth and may be there is another toys in the sky now and in near futur we don't know about ( may be a fast mover ). But for now with a lot of exchange on the B-21 I think more for now that the big flying wing will be the perfect toy to defend the liberty. Thing of this beast armed with direct energy , attack drone or air/air capacity ( may be), flying at mach 0.95/1 in high altitude and with very stealth capacity and more capacity we will don't know about. At the first like you I was surprise by the return of the black wing but in fact when you think a lot about it , it will be perfect for the mission. And " Hey guy it's not the last military aircraft program , good thing will come surely with the F/X , FA/XX program.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I love the Millenium Falcon comparison with the B-21 it's right " B-21 Shadow Falcon"

edit on 1-3-2016 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: BigTrain
Its cool I do that often when I stick my head in the fridge. the one thing I'm looking for and can't find is usually right there in front of me and I just couldnt see it.

I just hope your foray into the fridge didn't end up with a trip to the vets like mine did.

Let's just say the dog wasn't the only thing left with food on it's face that day...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Just the drawing. They altered some things in it, and left a few things off, as you may have noticed with the exhaust. They'll show more in the near future once more comes out.

Near future?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

They're releasing more details in the next couple of weeks. We should get some hard numbers and possibly better renderings.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Is it possible an exhaust like the F-117 ? We see no exhaust on the picture.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

That was actually a very inefficient system in terms of power. It worked exceedingly well for what it was designed for, but I would watch F-117s on ferry flights use 8500 feet of a 10,000 foot long runway, sometimes more.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Bigtrain said something about the SR72...
www.popularmechanics.com...

Found this for the latest.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
Is it possible an exhaust like the F-117 ? We see no exhaust on the picture.

I am going to make an educated GUESS that the exhausts are going to
be similar to the YF-23 Black Widow since it has been said OVER AND OVER
that they want to save MONEY! I suspect that some STEALTHY UPPER-SIDE
sawtooth shaped inlets and outlets will be added along with an INTERNAL
Serptentine-shape (i.e. S-shaped inlet pathways) to the engines to prevent
or mitigate RADAR reflections from the fan blades BUT ON A GENERAL BASIS
the outlets will have a similar CONFIGURATION to the YF-23 but with added
stealth features.

Top view of exhaust ports:
upload.wikimedia.org...

JUST A WILD GUESS OF COURSE!
edit on 2016/3/1 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

why wouldn't they just use the basics from the b2? why f-23?

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Because the YF-23 exhaust had to deal with higher temperatures, so was actually more effective. They'll use some of the technology and lessons from that, with some interesting new ideas they've had in recent years. One of them almost bit them in the ass but I've heard they figured it out.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Because the YF-23 exhaust had to deal with higher temperatures, so was actually more effective. They'll use some of the technology and lessons from that, with some interesting new ideas they've had in recent years. One of them almost bit them in the ass but I've heard they figured it out.

---

AND with topside exhausts you have enough room to WRAP HIGH
HEAT RESERVOIR-capable liquid coolant tubing around the inlet tubes
to COOL the exhaust and then run those cooling tubes INTO THE FUEL
TANKS which will act as a liquid heat sink which SHOULD BE GOOD
ENOUGH to hold a lot of heat for most 4 to 12 hour missions.

That's what I WOULD DO ...... :-) :-)

---

If they have a BIT MORE MONEY TO SPEND you could run
exhaust cooling fluid into a series of super-high heat
absorbing ceramic blocks similar to the space shuttle tiles.
That would reduce your IR signature a whole lot!

AND add in some extra baffling to reduce acoustic signature
for low-level flight. AND then add in a 180-degree out-of-phase
acoustic emitter to act as a LARGE noise-cancellation system
like what you get on Bose Headphones!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The Secretary of the Air Force has unveiled the first official rendering of the new B-21 bomber, to be built by Northrop Grumman at the Air Warfare Symposium. The aircraft currently doesn't have an official name. The aircraft is very similar to the B-2, which she said is because "The B-21 has been designed from the beginning based on a set of requirements that allows the use of existing and mature technology." No word on when the prototype would be rolled out or flown yet though.

I would rather not thanks.

it looks like a boomerang. So it will just keep coming back. And it is invisible.
No thanks. Rather not meet up with the B-21.

Ever.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Right on. I agree with the both of you. Couple that with "something new" and ADVENT and the IR should really get reduced good.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Right on. I agree with the both of you. Couple that with "something new" and ADVENT and the IR should really get reduced good.

In case anyone is wondering what ADVENT is
see the link below:

Adaptive Versatile Engine Technology:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PPFkid

If I am flying a Mig-29, or for that matter a Typhoon, or really anything with any offensive capability, and I see this plane with my eyes, all I have to do is speed up a tad and fire of my 20mm cannon and its toast.

Are we to assume in all reality that the US will ALWAYS have a 100% zero enemy in the air scenario where this bomber can just fly around un-chalenged?

I just cannot for the life of me convince myself that a Mach2 dash capability for a bomber would never be needed.

The modern air forces in this world are going to develop their defensive capability around waiting for this to show up and then launch their fighters.

I don't agree that every enemy will be a zero air force enemy. I'm sure it works really well when nobody knows its coming, but after the first plane drops the first bomb, now the whole country is looking for more.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join