It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the B-21

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BigTrain

Unless, of course, you're carrying a laser. Which case, the Mig is toast as is the missiles it just lobbed.

Lasers are going to change...a lot. Speed won't save you if you're doing less than Mach 15, perhaps Mach 20, and flying low, low to the ground.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

There are a couple things you missed there.

1: That you could even "see it with your eyes" in a combat situation in the first place.

Boeing has openly admitted to one of the Bird of Prey's main purposes being to test optical camouflage/visial stealth technologies. It was also more or less acknowledged that the AARS project would incorporate visual stealth as well.

The first aircraft I mentioned was flown 20 years ago, and the second one was designed over 25 years ago. Look at how far your computer has advanced in that same time period, and it should give you an idea of how far other technologies have as well.

And 2: The idea that if any 4th gen fighter was in a situation where it COULD see this thing, that it wouldn't already be too late for them.

The USAF has openly admitted to the B-21 having some sort of A2A capabilities, so in many ways we're going back to the gun-bristling bombers of WWII. Just think now, of all the BF-109 aces-to-be who were flying one of the most maneuverable fighters in their day, only to have their careers rather abrubtly ended by a .50 cal shot from a lumbering B-17. Only now, look at what's being done with HELLADS, etc, and and you'll realize where the USAF is going with their "A2A capabilities" talk.

Or to put it this way, who needs mach 2 when your defensive weaponry travels at C.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Didn't several people also hint at something possibly being "off ship" in the defensive aid suite?

That beaver tail slides out like the one on the B-2 doesn't it? If so, and I don't see why not, it's just a parasitic uav that can pop out to fight off all the bad guys then come home to Mama. Boring.

Seriously though, when I hear "off ship" my mind keeps coming back to LRS-uav or what BASS saw (giant static ball on a lightning tether).

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgermole42

There are strong suggestions there is a stealthy unmanned missile truck in the works. Something the arsenal plane concept, but smaller and for AAW rather than strike.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

And if you'd been paying attention instead of screaming about what total crap it is, because it doesn't go mach 2+, you would have learned a few things, such as it having some air to air capability. But apparently it's only going to have incompetent pilots who don't even notice the fighter right on top of them and take steps to avoid it.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgermole42
Didn't several people also hint at something possibly being "off ship" in the defensive aid suite?

That beaver tail slides out like the one on the B-2 doesn't it? If so, and I don't see why not, it's just a parasitic uav that can pop out to fight off all the bad guys then come home to Mama. Boring.

Seriously though, when I hear "off ship" my mind keeps coming back to LRS-uav or what BASS saw (giant static ball on a lightning tether).

---

The Giant Static Ball is usually a gas (Methane in some cases)
ionized and cooked hot into a plasma...OR...using electrostatic
plates/coatings, that can be used for creating IR and EM emissions
that confuse IR-seeking missiles AND to confuse modern Vision
Recognition Camera systems from finding an aircraft by sight
AND to prevent Radar from fully determining the entire
PROFILE of a craft. It can also JAM specific EM
communications (radio/video/data) frequencies
even up to and beyond 30 GHZ!

---

If they would put the plasma emissions in the wings and
fuselage, they could also used it for Plasma Sheathing-based
EM/Acoustic Stealth and to push the atmosphere out of the
way on a temporary basis for shot bursts of "real speed" if
they had enough on-board oxidizer for adding into
the fuel mix!

THAT WOULD BE MY SUGGESTION !!!!! :-) :-)

edit on 2016/3/1 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

If you REALLY WANTED TO GET FANCY, you could
use the dynamic EM field as a virtual wing and
fuselage structure, or as virtual fan-blades or
as a virtual aerospike that could CHANGE
THE SHAPE and FLIGHT ENVELOPE of the
lifting body merely using some cooked
atmosphere and/or onboard ionizeable gasses!

Aaaaah What the Heck! I'll add in
cooking the air behind you, underneath you
and above you so it explodes and functions
as a Pulse Detonation Wave (PDE)-like engine
or as an Outside Wave Rider-like body
(i.e. surfing the exploding atmospheric bubbles)
that rides the waves in the high or low atmosphere
REALLY FAST!
edit on 2016/3/1 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigTrain
a reply to: PPFkid

If I am flying a Mig-29, or for that matter a Typhoon, or really anything with any offensive capability, and I see this plane with my eyes, all I have to do is speed up a tad and fire of my 20mm cannon and its toast.

Are we to assume in all reality that the US will ALWAYS have a 100% zero enemy in the air scenario where this bomber can just fly around un-chalenged?

I just cannot for the life of me convince myself that a Mach2 dash capability for a bomber would never be needed.

The modern air forces in this world are going to develop their defensive capability around waiting for this to show up and then launch their fighters.

And that's why the US hasn't bought any new fighter aircraft since the F-4..... right?

And a mach-2 dash doesn't outrun missiles. But it does make a huge infrared signature! What might lock onto infrared signatures?

In the modern era, detection = dead.

I don't agree that every enemy will be a zero air force enemy. I'm sure it works really well when nobody knows its coming, but after the first plane drops the first bomb, now the whole country is looking for more.

Yeah, where? "Oh wait, the SAM missile site was just bombed, and another was zapped. And there are 40 cruise missiles in flight. Which one is the high value bomber and which are cheap cruise missiles?

And wait, all those radar returns, they seem to be misleading when we send up the fighters there's nothing there.

Oops, patrol just got jacked by some F-22's, stop looking for bombers in that neighborhood!"

edit on 1-3-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: StargateSG7
a reply to: StargateSG7

If you REALLY WANTED TO GET FANCY, you could
use the dyanmic EM field as a virtual wing and
fuselage structure, or as virtual fan-blades or
as a virtual aerospike that could CHANGE
THE SHAPE and FLIGHT ENVELOPE of the
lifting body merely using some cooked
atmosphere and/or onboard ionizeable gasses!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Some interesting PDF's in here.

Just sayn'

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PPFkid

Welcome to the aviation forum.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The Chinese have started talking trash about the B-21 now...

www.defencetalk.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Cliff notes of the article, as presented by chinese aviation "expert" Fu Qian Shao.

1. Oh, bomber expensive, so is hanger. they pay 550 million per bomber, therefore no can afford hanger for bomber.

2. bomber stupid, americans stupid. no can park bomber at international airport. what if maybe guy there and he see plane, and he say, hey! hey you american stealth bomber! i no like and he take the rpg aaaaaand he brow it up! prus, what good stealth bomber when land? it no stealthy when land. we know where airports are.

3. f22 maybe scary but b21 no fast. easy target, America should wrisen to Big Twain. make bomber fast. Prus, camouflage paint easy to see. it only paint. they paint it black but it fly in sky. sky is blue. stupid b21.

no joke, that's pretty much the articles arguments against the b21 and why China's not worried.

and to aviation expert Fu Qian shao. ill raise you your aviation expert with an American aviation expert any day. F.U. fu.
edit on 1-3-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

They've got some issues with their logic. It will be able to lands and be wherever the B-2 can now and they'll be able to make non-stop flights in war time and don't need a special hanger if it never lands outside the US, especially if they're in autonomous mode.

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Some experts they are. Lol. They sound oddly like another member on this forum.

They don't need to worry anyway, they'll have the blue prints and source code hacked before NG even has the prototype in the air.
edit on 1-3-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

lol another clinton pay to play

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

That's Laugh Out Loud funny right there.

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Bro check your white privilege

You want df-21 ......15 min!!!!!!
edit on 2-3-2016 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I, for one welcome our new Chinese overlords.

I've been addicted lately to the duck and pork over rice, the twice-cooked pork with vegetables, the beef with longhorn peppers, the shredded spicy pork with green beans, the pan-fried pork and leek dumplings, the dry-fried beef chow fun, the... crap, I need lunch right now...

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Now you made me NEED China buffet, 15$ all you can eat. They have crab legs and a ice cream machine that does swirl

The Chinese are wizards of questionable goods

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yeah, I forgot about those.

A nifty little quote:

In addition, the system of the invention is also well suited for transatmospheric vehicles of many types. For these and similar types of applications in which the vehicle is moving through the atmosphere, the frequency of the electromagnetic radiation is preferably at the harmonic resonance frequency of electromagnetic excitation i.e., electromagnetic absorption peak, of oxygen. Oxygen (as well as water) has a substantial electric and magnetic dipole which can easily be excited by tuned microwave radiation. When ionized and heated, the oxygen molecules quickly transfer their heat energy to adjacent nitrogen and other component molecules of the medium resulting in quick and thorough heating and ionization of that portion of the atmosphere in the immediate path of the aircraft enabling the aircraft to fly in a thinner atmosphere resulting in reduced aerodynamic drag. Heating of the air decreases the pressure gradient at the front (and preferably also the rear) of the aircraft thereby destroying the coherency of the pressure fronts so that they do not add together coherently. This reduces the pressure gradients acting on the boundary layer between the ambient air and the aircraft because they are distributed over a larger region i.e., several meters rather than several centimeters. The system of the invention essentially produces a "hot air bubble" around the aircraft which reduces the expended power at true supersonic speeds because the coherent addition of pressure waves around the aircraft is degraded. This reduces or eliminates the energy transmitted to the shock cone i.e., the pressure field produced at supersonic speeds and located at the rear of the aircraft and extending therefrom in a widening cone, thereby preventing or reducing the build up of sonic waves and thus the reduction or elimination of a "sonic boom".

Hinted at and not fully mentioned is that if you reduce the sonic boom, you might also be reducing the energy that the craft is putting into making that sonic boom, i.e. less pressure-induced drag and hence fuel consumption.

Now that scheme is going to make a whole bunch of heating so it isn't necessarily practical for all situations.

I wonder if differential heating could make something big, black and triangular, float? Heat air above you and then use the magnetic actuators (described in patent) to move the hot ions away from you---hey that low density/pressure air above me is sucking me upwards. People on the ground just hear the hum of the powersupply for the gyrotrons and the magnets.

What's also really cool is to look at the patents which reference that one: www.google.com...

You know how Northrop etc are talking about how much they will need electrical power generators and cooling for "lasers" and stuff on the next set of fighters? What if that's half right? Yes, they do need lots of cooling and electrical power, but not really for lasers. That's just the fan-boy word to empty the pockets from Congressdroids.

edit on 2-3-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join