It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need your help. Might be homeless in under a month.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Thank you for your thorough response.

Fortunately, my credit score is flawless, we still do and always have made payments on time for everything, it's just that with the loss of a job, medical issues and so forth, it has become impossible to continue making those payments.

I will certainly contact my bank as soon as possible to inquire further on bankruptcy. I've always had this terrible view on it, so the concept is rather frightening, but I believe that it may only be so due to my ignorance on the subject.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If You get this far send me a private message, if You live in the right area I may be able to help. Maybe.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
a reply to: Rubicon3

Thank you for your thorough response.

Fortunately, my credit score is flawless, we still do and always have made payments on time for everything, it's just that with the loss of a job, medical issues and so forth, it has become impossible to continue making those payments.

I will certainly contact my bank as soon as possible to inquire further on bankruptcy. I've always had this terrible view on it, so the concept is rather frightening, but I believe that it may only be so due to my ignorance on the subject.

Don't call the bank, call a bankruptcy lawyer.

The idea is to have a structured repayment plan on all of your debts.

That's how you could stay in your house and possibly keep your car.
edit on 26-2-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Well, I read most of the replies.

I have no real advice for what to do now. I don't know anything about bankruptcy in Canada.

What I can tell you is that I see a couple dangerous financial moves you made that and while they didn't cause your situation entirely, they certainly didn't help you any. Financial planning is incredibly important, especially since you mentioned you've been doing a lot of work in an industry that is very sensitive to the economy.

The best advice I can give is that once you get out of this mess read up on and listen to these guys. Dave Ramsey and Clark Howard. I'm not advocating for spending money on any products they offer, but listen to their shows and learn what you can.

We live in a debt driven society and it is NOT the way to get financial security. I disagree with each of them on a couple points, but you're an intelligent person and you could certainly learn from what they offer while disregarding that which doesn't apply. They both offer advice on getting out of the traps that you've mentioned falling into, though naturally severe unemployment is a going to hurt almost everybody.

Sorry I can't offer a magic bullet for today, but when you dig out of this you should look them up. Dave Ramsey often says failing to plan is planning to fail. They both have lots of tips on not falling into the traps that make people poor. Most of it is common sense for people that have a good background in financial planning, but that's a small portion of the population so they're great resources.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I would go to a temp agency they get paid to find you a job and 9 times out of 10 you end up staying with that job. Making a living wage is another story depending on your skills or experience you may have to take out 2 jobs to make it sadly.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Ooh I read the OP and I've got a rock-solid grasp on my temporal reality and finances with 5 kids and 7 grandkids. But with an immovable faith in God to take care of my needs, and I shall not want for anything, you may consider hitting your knees, not behind a dumpster, but your bedside. Judging by you're defensive response, you obviously got it all figured out. Then go set the world on fire. More likely you will be humbled either by your choices or circumstances. "Those that are exalted shall be humbled, and those that are humble shall be exalted." Whether you think you can or can't, either way you're right. I wish only the best for you good Sir, but shining people on and telling them their awesome when they ain't and padding their egos is not what strengthens them. I you were told you were the greatest thing and coddled from childhood, this builds a spoiled monster that typically implodes. I've dealt with these entitled little punks ad nauseum and a little tough love clear that up, quick, fast, and in a hurry! You sharpen a knife through pressure, repetition, but most importantly using the correct angle.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IridescentPhoenix

Interesting take on it.

I found myself in this situation as well at one point. I literally didn't have a single penny for 2 1/2 months (with a low paying job previous for 3 1/2 years) ((not a penny)) and I had to hit the floor. Praying.

I didn't realise it at first but soon things started to happen that others would call miraculous. I was back in stable work, in a job I excel in, promotions are on the table and we eat now, and live rather well. But I had to humble myself first, and realise the situation I was in was no different than a lot of people's. The only difference I had, I think anyway, was that I did trust in God to help me, and that's simply what happened.

It sounds so disingenuous and ridiculous to say, but I've lived it. I felt it. I'm thankful EVERY SINGLE DAY I'm alive for the life I now have. And I owe it all to Jesus. I'm not ashamed to say that!

I hope your situation gets better Ghost, I will pray for you, and ask our Bible study group to as well, if you could private message me your name and I'll pass it on to the group

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about the situation your in comrade, I don't know if you have tried yet but security companies are always hiring, Paladin security has locations across Canada, and Guardteck Security is a better one even though it's only in B.C and Calgary right now, and as for Uber as I saw mentioned I know many cities have different laws pertaining to them (as for Calgary they just got denied the ability to work here) that's all I can really think of to try and help you.
So best wishes to you and I hope everything will work out fine for you in the end.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
OMG, that's a tough situation, definitely...
But keep going.
I've been though hard and tough time too, and what I can say is just keep going.
Life changes as time passes.

But first you need to get a job. Maybe move to another city.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

*hugs Ghost*

Hey hun...I'm in a very similar situation right now, but at least my partner has a job to eventually return to after lay-off. (as long as we can survive that long...him on unemployment, me on small disability).

I've had to declare bankruptcy in the past. It wouldn't be a bad idea to at least go and talk to them.
We're in SW Ontario and any job available is minimum wage. I know a lot of people working 2-3 jobs to survive.

I hope you follow up with some of the offers you've received here, you just might make the right connection.
I am really sorry that you and you're wife are going through this.

Sending you positive thoughts, and hope to soon read that things are better.
jacy

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
We have been in a similar situation regarding the house. Two royal estates managers and we ourselves tried to sell it for years and all we got were "tourists", who enjoyed to get lead through the rooms and never called back again.

Finally we lowered our own expectations a lot and found some real estates guys who really knew their job. They asked more money than the others before, but they also got active immediately. After only a few weeks they had some serious offers. We had to lower the price again - this time for a rather small amount - and after only three months the house was sold.

What was the difference between the estates guys? The first one only came back to ask for a lower price and never brought any potential buyer. The second one only asked us to clean the rooms, do some work in the garden and never brought one possible buyer. The last ones brought a professional photographer, let a consultant make an expertise, sent us a report about their actions every four weeks, talked with us about the possibilities, cleaned up the house themselves, when necessary and even shoveled away the snow infront of the house. They were worth their money!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I'm happy to see you have received some very constructive advice - much moreso than my musings!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You might want to start a go fund me campaign.

www.gofundme.com...

Can't hurt.

And you have some design skills?

have you tried some of the freelance sites.

www.elance.com...

www.upwork.com...

www.freelancer.com...

www.designcrowd.com...

www.google.com...:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

edit on 26-2-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: windword

I had a friend go through it and it saved her from homelessness! She still lives in her home.

Good luck to you Ghost!

I don't understand. Doesn't bankruptcy make the bank take your home?

In my friend's case, it stopped the bank from taking her home.

edit on 26-2-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It is like using your car as a Taxi, where do you live?

ub er

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I'm happy to see you have received some very constructive advice - much moreso than my musings!

There's a wonderful pool of talent, know how and accumulated life experience at ATS which becomes evident in threads like this one!!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Not trying to be an ass, but if your in such a bad way that you have to give up your home and move your family into someone elses home, how do you have time to write a thread on ATS asking for advice?

No offence but you need to be out hustling not sitting on your computer. Jobs dont come knocking at the door.

knock , knock, who is it? job. You make your own luck.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Stop being a bitch. Pull yourself out of this. You can only help your self

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sorry, I was referring to the post made by IridescentPhoenix, and meant that you're one looking for advice. Sorry for the miscommunication.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Stay Strong...

I have never seen so many people in such trouble.

All of my thoughts will be with you today...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join