It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the American people crazy wanting Trump?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
When you mention improving our military, we don't want to start a war with other countries like Russia. Also, military spending is already what we spend the most on as a nation, far greater than social spending.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If after all the money we've funneled into our military we aren't unstoppable juggernauts compared to every other nation on the planet, then throwing more money at the problem isn't going to make it stronger as our bureaucracy and military research and development teams must all be run by idiots, or all that money is being funneled into the hands of the corrupt and not actually improving much. Kinda like how most charities gobble up most of the money donated for bureaucracy or bribing warlords to allow a little past them.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The fact is, 9/11 + right wing propaganda have made Republicans insane and Trump is result of all that hate and aggression.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

911 or no 911 Trumps sanity would still be in question. The man simply seems to oose hatred towards minorities.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Perhaps it would help if they quit LOOSING trillions somewhere.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Desperate and lashing out at an establishment who's subtly taken our country from us and is working to enslave us. Sadly I think with Trump we're just cutting out the middle man. Is why I support Bernie in this fight. But Trump could be going for serious record fame, to go out with one hell of a bang, so he could be honest in his intentions.

My problem with that is, Trump is too young for a suicide run, and way to self absorbed to off himself yet simply to be a legend.

Bernie is old enough I can buy a suicide run. He's got nothing to lose. They can't really threaten him. He gets killed, he dies a martyr and at his age, that's one awesome way to go.

What again is Bernie's net worth? Are you out of your mind trusting someone with his obvious lack of Economic understanding try to run our country. He'll run it all right, into the ground.

Say what you want about Donald Trump. His advanced degree is from the Wharton School of Business at U Penn. Considered the best business school in the world. He took his SAT's back when they correlated with IQ,and his was determined to be over 156. His public persona is an act. Don't let it fool you into thinking he is not a brilliant man. Would he be using the presidency for good? I'm willing to find out. At this point we have nothing left to lose and everything left to gain.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MsAphrodite

Putting aside the meaningless of IQ's, that's not how IQ measurement works. You can correlate that better scores belong to people with higher IQ's but you cannot determine anyones specific IQ because the correlation doesn't hold for everyone. IQ tests are also only effective up to a specific range because of how they're designed. In order to actually measure someone at 156, they would need to be taking a test designed specifically for people that are already known to fall somewhere in the range of say 145-175.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Agreed. No way in hell is Trump's IQ 156. (I doubt anyone with an IQ of 156 would even run for President).

Carter is said to have the highest IQ of any President, he was a physicist, and doubt if his was even 156.
Trump? laughable.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I admit, when all this started, I thought “the Donald” was in this for a joke, perhaps a tax break, or even a new reality show. I NEVER thought he was serious. Now, well, it kind of looks like he is going to be the guy on the ballot. So how on Earth are the American people making this decision? What is driving the public at large to want a pompous, arrogant blowhard, over the finely groomed Statesmen that are running against him?
Perhaps the People are just damn tired of Washington. I know I am. I sure don’t think Trump has what I consider “Leader of the United States” qualities, but I have to admit, whatever he might bring would be a refreshing change to the status quo. I doubt he will be the same l loud demanding, demeaning guy he is on stage, and likely, he will get “the talk” once he gets in office. (I have a theory that each president is shown a picture of the guy on the grassy knoll waving with his rifle, and then told to be nice and follow orders)

So the people will get a 4 year trial of what they asked for. Something completely different. The one thing I hope for out of this is a stronger military. Ignorant decisions have been made and our strength has been diminished under the current rule, so that would be nice to see. And I hope to be pleasantly surprised as to how “the Donald” will deal with other world leaders. I think he would do better without his twitter feed.

Angst. Anger. Fed up. People want changes. Big changes. So if Trump is that guy, then so be it. Trump never holds back any punches in what he says. He speaks his mind. He is not PC. He says things people only discuss behind closed doors but never in public. He is easy for a lot of people to relate to. The average Joe eats up what Trump says. So he may sound crazy to some, but to others, he is a refreshing change of pace for once.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

But he is without a doubt, a great debater and an extremely intelligent man.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hey, guys. I'm not from US, in fact I'm from Russia. First of all, Trump is a clown - it's a fact. Before I would say anything, I want to tell you guys that unlike most of brain washed russians I have respect for US and their citizens. Putin's regime is heavy on propaganda, but some people still don't buy his sh**. You guys went soft! Yeah, yeah, I know that tolerance is like your main principle right now, but you should be worried about your nation. Islamisation is no joke. You don't have that hordes of muslims there and don't get that cultural differences. I'm atheist myself, but I respect christian culture and recognize its main role in building of western culture. Those dudes from the east wants to destroy it. Not everyone ofcoures! 60-70% of muslims are great people, but other... You should protect your baurders at all costs! And Trump is the only one who talks about it without that cheap bullcrap about tolerance, he is ready to do something that other won't. He IS a clown, but this clown is your only chance to stop that thing that soon become the worlds biggest problem - islamisation. You can call me biggot, or ignorant - that's your right. You are far from Europe and your media feed you lies.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I think Trump is appealing to low information voters on the right. Those voters listen to retards like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. That alone, shows you are stupid they are, but those voters are very active and ARE voting and voicing their opinions, showing up at primaries and caucuses.

However the more Trump keeps saying outlandish things and showing his divisiveness, the more he is alienating moderates and high information voters that want real policy platforms.

At first I liked the Idea of Trump, but he's insulting people based on looks and disabilities, saying incredibly moronic things. I even have his book, the Art of the Deal. But when I look deeper, he isn't a great business man and he would be bad for our economy. I like a guy that speaks his mind as much as the next guy, but my drunk neighbor speaks his mind all day long, but I wouldn't want him as president either.

Real leaders lead by example, bring other people up, bring people together, try new ideas, are inspirational. None of that is trump.

Low info voters?

Like hillary is the most accomplished candidate, i keep hearing?
She named a park and blew up the mid east.

Like bernie can make things more like 1st world europe?
There already is a 1st world europe or was until the refugee crisis.

Hillary has no clue about being potus and neither does bernie.
Hillary because she's been a dismal failure and dupe for people trying to get to bill and bernie because all he's got is the "millionaires and billionaires" to demonize and promises of monetary equality.

What i just wrote is not low info. It sums up the dem party's best and brightest.

I left out about a million other things on both of them.

The repub's are not much better. Party lines and status quo.

Trump is a do'er, not a talker.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

As much as I don't want to offer anything positive for the Teflon bitch, to say she "has no clue about being POTUS" is a little untrue. She had 8 years of very close watching what the job entails. I think she knows exactly how it works and is willing to be the next puppetCommander in Chief.

Having said that, I'd rather take a sharp stick in the eye than to have her be in charge of anything other than managing Bill's BJs from floozies.

Trump scares the # out of me, but of all the choices, he's the least offensive.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I think Trump is appealing to low information voters on the right. Those voters listen to retards like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity. That alone, shows you are stupid they are, but those voters are very active and ARE voting and voicing their opinions, showing up at primaries and caucuses.

However the more Trump keeps saying outlandish things and showing his divisiveness, the more he is alienating moderates and high information voters that want real policy platforms.

At first I liked the Idea of Trump, but he's insulting people based on looks and disabilities, saying incredibly moronic things. I even have his book, the Art of the Deal. But when I look deeper, he isn't a great business man and he would be bad for our economy. I like a guy that speaks his mind as much as the next guy, but my drunk neighbor speaks his mind all day long, but I wouldn't want him as president either.

Real leaders lead by example, bring other people up, bring people together, try new ideas, are inspirational. None of that is trump.

Low info voters?

Hillary because she's been a dismal failure and dupe for people trying to get to bill and bernie because all he's got is the "millionaires and billionaires" to demonize and promises of monetary equality.

What i just wrote is not low info. It sums up the dem party's best and brightest.

Trump is a talker not a doer. Look at his businesses. He has gone banktrump multiple times, many of his businesses fail. That's not good for the country.

I understand you might not like Hillary or Sanders based on the policies and might want to vote republican. But Cruz, Rubio, Kasich are putting forth policy platforms trump is hanging out with the KKK and insulting people based on looks and disabilities. Tjhat's pretty low information. LOL

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: network dude
He doesn't sugar coat what he says.
He says what he means, regardless of whether or not it is popular.
He doesn't flip flop as much as the other candidates.
People are sick and tired of career politicians who only tell them what they want to hear.
His values and beliefs seem more in line with the average American.
He is loud.
He is obnoxious.

Did I make a pro or con list? Depends on if you support him or not.

He doesn't flip flop? He's flip flopped more than any other candidate.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
a reply to: angeldoll

But he is without a doubt, a great debater and an extremely intelligent man.

The dude speaks at a 4th grade level, and has revealed nothing of substance as far as policies go.

He just wants to 'make america great again' and has no ideas as to how. He'll just say the most absurd things to manipulate the unintelligent majority to walk in lock step behind him.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I, at first, thought Trump was just being himself trying to get attention like he has done in the past.

But a large populous of angry people, sick of our corrupt do nothing government, liked the idea he is an outsider and not controlled by the elite. They have bought into and believe his B. S.

Which leads me into my total shaken to the core disbelief these people who support him cannot see him for what he is. I'm very concerned about these people. What's wrong with them? At first I thought a larger majority of these people who have a low intellectual IQ, undereducated, low emotional IQ people. Boy was I wrong! Individuals I personally know who are well educated, who are good hearted, support this nut.

Now onto Trump. I've done a little research and have found several psychiatrists have stated that Trump has a severe case of NPD (Narrsistic Personality Disorder) that is not correctable via professional psychiatry. Individuals who have NPD exhibit the following personality behaviors:

Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).

Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.

Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
Requires excessive admiration.

Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations.

Is inter-personally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends.

Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.

Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

Narcissism is often associated with Psychopaths.

edit on 2 29 2016 by bucsarg because: Separate categories.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Bullets dipped in pigs blood, executing families of terrorists, and things way worse than waterboarding.... Trumps ideas presented with thunderous applause.

And Obama is Hitler... because of healthcare.

The republican moral compass needs recalibration.

edit on 29-2-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Low info voters?

Trump is a talker not a doer. Look at his businesses. He has gone banktrump multiple times, many of his businesses fail. That's not good for the country.

I understand you might not like Hillary or Sanders based on the policies and might want to vote republican. But Cruz, Rubio, Kasich are putting forth policy platforms trump is hanging out with the KKK and insulting people based on looks and disabilities. Tjhat's pretty low information. LOL

Yeah, 500 companies and 4 chapter 11's over 20 yrs. That's pretty good and probably much lower than the average for that many companies and time frame.

Hell, obama had the country's credit rating drop already!

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Hell, obama had the country's credit rating drop already!

There's an obvious joke there, but I won't make it....lol.

Make of that what you will.

Should be interesting to see.

Here, we have a candidate who is SO HATED by the establishment, that they've attacked him relentlessly since day one. He doesn't help matters when he puts his foot in his mouth. Yet, nothing sticks, because a lot of us are just damn tired of it, and WANT some kind of revolution to rock the system and knock the status quo. Love him or hate him, Trump is that guy. Bernie would be too, but he's a victim of the DNC's super delegate policy, so has no shot. You want to upend things? Vote Trump. Want more of the same, vote anyone else. Pretty much as simple as that really.

I still think Hillary will take it, unfortunately, but only if we allow it to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join