It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YUUGE! Donald Trump Runs Away with Hispanic Vote in NV GOP Caucuses!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Noto bene: Not my title, but theirs, per T&Cs.

YUUGE! Donald Trump Runs Away with Hispanic Vote in NV GOP Caucuses!

The pundits said Donald Trump could NEVER win the Hispanic vote after he said that many Mexican immigrants have raped and murdered people... They were wrong. Donald Trump won the Hispanic vote tonight in Nevada.

We all heard it. But I never believed the pundits. I knew better. I talked to my Hispanic family and neighbors and friends and they all told me different... they all know that Trump spoke truth and that the media and political critters completely and totally distorted his words and his very real and very serious concerns about the human smuggling industry on our southern border -- NOT all people of Hispanic descent.

No one knows better than Hispanic folks -- especially in the southwest, legal or illegal -- just how ugly and dangerous and inhumane the human smuggling trade is. They know that rape is rampant in the human smuggling trade -- by the coyotes, by their male cargo, by the authorities, and pretty much any guy so inclined and knows he can get away with it. People in the southern border states are also very aware of the Rape Trees dotting the paths of human smuggling to celebrate their dirty deeds. They are also aware of the many women/girls who are held captive and forced into sex slavery by their human smugglers. If anything disgusts them more than those who rape and abuse these women and girls, it is those who turn a blind eye to it and allow it to continue for their own political purposes and expediency.

Saying it doesn't make it true -- no matter how loud or often or obnoxiously one says it.

This is the article Trump was specifically referencing when he spoke of the criminal element in the human smuggling industry:

Is rape the price to pay for migrant women chasing the American Dream?

More on the subject:

"Rape Trees" Found Along Southern US Border
Brothel state in Mexico is conduit for human trafficking in New York
Report: DEA Agents Visited Prostitutes Paid by Drug Cartels

Read it and weep.

I am not a Trump supporter, and doubt I ever will be. But the truth is the truth and lies are lies. Human smuggling -- and the shadow communities of illegals in the nation, where women continue to be abused with impunity because they fear going to authorities -- is a despicable business that hurts real women and girls. For anyone with a conscience, ignoring the truth for political expediency is unconscionable, especially to those of Hispanic descent.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

All the so called minorities that I've spoken with support Trump. When I bring it up in conversation here I'm told it's BS and Trump won't get squat from the minority voters.

Yet, here we are with minorities voting just like they said they would
What gives?

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wait until Trump carries the black vote in the Southeast( and he will)...you WILL see the Trumpophobes freak out.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

All the so called minorities that I've spoken with support Trump. When I bring it up in conversation here I'm told it's BS and Trump won't get squat from the minority voters.

What gives?

Maybe the posters here are trying to push their own losing candidates by bashing Trump in any manner that they can?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The "Hispanic" vote isn't as homogeneous as a lot of white people think. There are Cubans, Mexicans, Colombians...a whole bunch of people from various countries and ethnic backgrounds that speak Spanish.

A person with a Mexican heritage may care more about immigration and this "wall" vs someone with Puerto Rican roots, who doesn't care about immigration as much.

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Maybe the posters here are trying to push their own losing candidates by bashing Trump in any manner that they can?

It does get crazy here in ATS during election years.

I am no afraid to say that as a latina, I will be voting for Trump if he wins the nomination, because I'm sure will no be voting for Hilary.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
it is possible, that democrats are sneaking in their vote for Trump in the primaries so that he will be up against Bernie and lose?

Is that why he keeps winning? So that he loses to the democratic nominee?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The "Hispanic" vote isn't as homogeneous as a lot of white people think. There are Cubans, Mexicans, Colombians...a whole bunch of people from various countries and ethnic backgrounds that speak Spanish.

A person with a Mexican heritage may care more about immigration and this "wall" vs someone with Puerto Rican roots, who doesn't care about immigration as much.

Exactly. No matter what others think. "Hispanics" generally dont get along with each other. In my experience, Cubans think they are better than the others and deny their black ancestry. I have also seen a Dominican refuse to say he was black, when obvioiusly he was. Mexicans cant stand Northern New Mexicans with Spanish ancestry. So no, "Hispanics" have nothing in common but a language half of them dont even speak.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

It's actually pretty fascinating how horribly misunderstood the Hispanic minority segment is.

I quite literally saw someone's jaw drop when they met a "Mexican" from Mexico City who had blond hair and blue eyes. Americans...we're a funny and sheltered group.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

By voting for Trump in the primaries, they're hurting Sanders chance at the nomination. Self defeating strategy right there, when Hitlarry is gaining the momentum she is...

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

We all heard it. But I never believed the pundits.

Unless it's Jim Hoft, the Gateway Pundit?

they all know that Trump spoke truth and that the media and political critters completely and totally distorted his words

Arguably, they may *believe* that is the case but it's a cop out. Tell me what spin was added to this:

Here's the transcript:

The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. [Applause] Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Can you link to the statements from Trump where he's discussing his concern for the horrors of human smuggling?

The basis for Trump's popularity with Hispanics is what aside from your anecdote?

A Nevada caucus entrance poll conducted by Fox News? They polled 1,573 people, 125 of those were Hispanics. So based on the responses of 125 Hispanic Republicans in Nevada, Trump is winning the Hispanic vote?

First off, the expected margin of error on a sample of that size is greater than 10%. Second, what percentage of Hispanic voters typically vote Republican? Third, what percentage of Hispanic Republican voters from the caucus who didn't vote to nominate Trump are likely to vote Democrat if Trump is the candidate in the general election (I expect it's small, but still something to consider) and finally, "Hispanics" are not a monolithic group nor voting block.

Unfortunately, I think you're doing far more spin and manipulation that the media is in this instance. They've all been handling Trump with kid glove's because nobody wants to become the object of his Twitter tirades — or worse, miss out on the boost in viewership from this circus if he refuses to grant them interviews/appear on their networks.

edit on 2016-2-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Is not funny, actually my jaw dropped when I came to the US from Puerto Rico to be asked by Americans if Puerto Rico was attached to Mexico, because I looked different, in Puerto Rico most Mexican immigrants are no the native we see here in the US, I was very much surprised to see how different the indigenous portion of Mexican immigrants were from the ones I grew with back home.

Most of my Mexican friends as I have a few are mistaken for Puerto Ricans.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

It's actually pretty fascinating how horribly misunderstood the Hispanic minority segment is.

I quite literally saw someone's jaw drop when they met a "Mexican" from Mexico City who had blond hair and blue eyes. Americans...we're a funny and sheltered group.

My favorite white Mexican is Louis CK.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
TRUMPOTUS is on a roll!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

All the so called minorities that I've spoken with support Trump.

Pretty much the same for me, but I do know some voting Sanders. For the people of faith, it's always Trump. But everyone I speak with, of any race/creed/color, are voting outside the box this election. I have not found anyone who supports any of the other candidates.

When I bring it up in conversation here I'm told it's BS and Trump won't get squat from the minority voters.

Yeah, I've seen that too. That's one of the reasons I thought it was important to post this and for people to be aware of the reality... as opposed to the assumptions and projections. I've wondered how much it's attributable to regional differences. For example, few of my Hispanic family/friends think of themselves as minorities, probably because here in AZ, they're not! I read not long ago that more than 70% of all AZ households are of Hispanic descent, meaning at least one of the Heads of Household are at least 1/4 Hispanic, and observe the culture to one extent or another. But people in other regions of the country would have different experiences and perspectives.

What gives?

Right? Gotta love it!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Same here. I know a few supporting Sanders, but the majority are for Trump.

I know of a few posters here that are scratching their heads as to why their projections and pie charts could get trumped by real world anecdotal BS.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Good to see people actually see it for what it is. Trump is not sublte but his message is clear (unless you willingly distort it). He says it like it is and what he thinks instead of some scripted teleprompter writeen by several people who also write his partylines for him which can only mean a person that does politics in the rehearsed scripted manner can never actually mean it.

Trump is the only one un-subtle and of the cuff like he is because he can be because he does not have to rehearse ,script and repeat what writers written for him.

Im sure someone will come along and try to downplay it of course but Trumps has my vote. Next to the National black republicans and Hispanics o /

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Is not funny, actually my jaw dropped when I came to the US from Puerto Rico to be asked by Americans if Puerto Rico was attached to Mexico, because I looked different, in Puerto Rico most Mexican immigrants are no the native we see here in the US, I was very much surprised to see how different the indigenous portion of Mexican immigrants were from the ones I grew with back home.

Most of my Mexican friends as I have a few are mistaken for Puerto Ricans.

There is racism among Mexicans. In general (not cast in iron), darker skin means more indigenous. They have more native "Indian" ancestry. Mexicans with European ancestry tend to think they are of higher class. Border Mexicans tend to be of the more indigenous group. They are the ones who have mostly migrated up through Arizona and more north.

Remember this is just in general. Not every individual Mexican.

link   

Exactly. No matter what others think. "Hispanics" generally dont get along with each other. "Hispanics" have nothing in common but a language half of them dont even speak.

That's an excellent point. Thank you! Although I would say they generally don't identify with each other. It's those with a political agenda who lump them all together... and by controlling the message, get the rest of us thinking and talking in those terms.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Same here. I know a few supporting Sanders, but the majority are for Trump.

I know of a few posters here that are scratching their heads as to why their projections and pie charts could get trumped by real world anecdotal BS.

What kind of hispanics were they? Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Spaniards? Because down here, in New Mexico, The Cubans hate the Mexicans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join