It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccinations Cause Autism.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So your problem is simply semantics? Ok. Well that's not worth arguing so I'm going to move on.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Ethylmercury is not the same as methylmercury in the slightest. More importantly, ethylmercury was removed from childhood vaccines about 15 years ago and absolutely no change in autism rates occurred.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So your problem is simply semantics? Ok. Well that's not worth arguing so I'm going to move on.

No , I asked a simple question:
What dead diseases are making a comeback ? I cant get much simpler than that.
You did know smallpox was considered a dead disease for a while , right ? So much they recanted the mandatory immunization for school children. This was declared in what , 1977 ? Has it made a comeback : no

And for the record, I never said I was against vaccinations especially for children .

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Like I said, semantics.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that the overwhelming amount of vaccinations can contribute to new cases of autism to occur in people who have the genes that can allow autism to occur. It should be the right of the people to choose if they want their kids to have all of these vaccinations.

Some are more necessary than others. This should be taken into consideration.

Another thing to consider is that by getting the diseases, people can also get autism. This is what I have learned also. Whether it is the disease or the vaccinations that cause the disease is also relevant. Autism is sometimes caused by an immune response gone wild but not always. A combination of events can lead to autism, in fact it increases the risk the more events there are. Stimulating an immune response all the time has an effect on our minds.

So I will not condemn someone for not vaccinating their kids but I will say that these people should evaluate the risk of not vaccinating and overvaccinating.

Also, some people have more severe reactions to vaccines than others and these people should talk to their doctor if they experience a severe reaction, including symptoms of the disease that manifest after vaccinating. Our bodies have the ability to detect the virus and can overreact to it when injected and this can be dangerous. These people usually already have a strong immunity and are naturally protected and are no threat to others if not vaccinated. This information is well documented, searching for it will bring up all sorts of references if you actually look for it and can filter through all the pro-vaccination crap out there. Or just ask your doctor, most good doctors know this is true.

Certain vaccinations are necessary, but which ones are is controversial. The state of people's immune systems is way different, we all have things we can fight better or worse. I haven't got the right to tell anyone what to do and they do not have the right to tell me what to do. But everyone should consider vaccinations and try to figure which ones are necessary for their family members. Most times it is genetic specific if you have increased immunity to something. The FUT2 gene can give you extended immunity sometimes but also can lead to problems with other things.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Ethylmercury is not the same as methylmercury in the slightest. More importantly, ethylmercury was removed from childhood vaccines about 15 years ago and absolutely no change in autism rates occurred.

Actually, there is not much difference between ethyl and methyl mercury. Both have adjuvant properties and both degrade further by enzymes to release the mercury into the system. Both are problematic in the body.

The mercury and aluminum compounds in vaccines are classified as preservatives but the reason they are put into vaccines is actually to adjuvate the reaction. If they needed just a preservative, they could choose form hundreds of them that would have less side effects.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

According to the FDA

Thimerosal has been removed from or reduced to trace amounts in all vaccines routinely recommended for children 6 years of age and younger, with the exception of inactivated influenza vaccine (see Table 1). A preservative-free version of the inactivated influenza vaccine (contains trace amounts of thimerosal) is available in limited supply at this time for use in infants, children and pregnant women. Some vaccines such as Td, which is indicated for older children (≥ 7 years of age) and adults, are also now available in formulations that are free of thimerosal or contain only trace amounts. Vaccines with trace amounts of thimerosal contain 1 microgram or less of mercury per dose

FDA

Thimerosal contains mercury.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Actually, there is not much difference between ethyl and methyl mercury.

Yes there is. One is purged from the body in days with no harmful side effects, the other is a cumulative poison.

edit on 24-2-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

ETHYLmercury.

E-T-H-Y-L.

Not METHYLmercury.

M-E-T-H-Y-L

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Not always the best case. Letting a young child face natural selection because his father/mother was too ignorant to get him/her vaccinated is, too me, just as wrong as killing them with my own hands.

Parents who don't vaccinate and the child then becomes ill with a vaccine-preventable disease should be prosecuted, IMHO at least.

On a sidenote...my grandmother who suffered from polio in the 50s had this to say:

"Those people that refuse vaccinations don't know how good they got it. If it were the 50s again they'd be in line to get their shots like they line up outside Wal-Mart on black friday."

A2D
edit on 24-2-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IvyNeptun noe

Those that say vaccines cause autism tend to cherry pick their "data". Let me show you what that looks like.

cherry picked data

These are real numbers by the way, they're just set out in a way that makes you see a correlation that isn't actually true.

If anything, the numbers of vaccinated children have decreased over the last 15 years...so if vaccines cause autism, the number of children diagnosed with autism should decrease also...but that's just not the case.

A2D
edit on 24-2-2016 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I honestly don't care if people don't vaccinate their kids. Not one bit. I also don't care when there's resurgences of previously-eradicated diseases among the non-vaccinators. Infact I will admit to a little bit of schadenfreude when I hear about it in the news because it's the wilful ignorance of those parents putting their children at unnecessary risk.

It's unfortunate when some of these children die under these circumstances but that also creates a potentially self-eradicating problem: the children of non-vaccinators will get sick and die at a rate faster than vaccinated children. The vaccinated children will in turn grow up to produce offspring which will be vaccinated. Plus this also means there will be more stock supply of vaccinations at hand for responsible parents.

I put my faith in science and medicine as they are the reason we've seen the massive plunges in infant mortality, death by infection, and polio paralysis, but to name a few - and the increases in average life span and the human population since the beginning of the 20th century. If they say they have a vaccine for a transmittable illness that can directly affect my life, I'll be very inclined to take it because the industry has the century-long track record to prove it.

And if some people read a meme on Facebook that say vaccinations will harm their children, so they don't, that doesn't affect me at all. I wish them luck and will shed no tears if or when they suffer the cost.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IvyNeptune
i don't care what they do and what they don't do... they should NOT be mandatory

also polio is not on the rise, nice try. still absolutely zero cases in the usa since 1979.. and no "polio like" is not polio.

lastly, almost none of the "super deadly" diseases we must be vaccinated against or we hate children are actually that deadly. they may be if you live in a jungle hut in the amazon. but in a first world country nobody is going to die from chicken pox, or mumps or measles or hep B etc. etc. etc. regardless of how scared everyone want you so desperately to be of those diseases.

why does an infant need to be vaccinated against hep B (an STD). if you child isn't in daycare there is literally 0% chance of getting rotavirus. Pertussis is fatal in an estimated 1.6% of hospitalized US infants, you kid has a higher chance of dying from SIDS than whooping cough (if they even get it)

point being, hardly any of the terrible deadly diseases are that terrible or that deadly, nearly everyone's parents had measles or mumps... it was a fact of life, but now its this scary boogy man, in 15 years will we be just as afraid of chicken pox?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I think vaccinations make sense for diseases like Measles, Polio, etc., but are absolutely ridiclous and not as beneficial as natural immunity when it comes to diseases such as Influenza and Chicken Pox (even if it means being a little sick once in awhile.) My children get vaccines for the big ones, but no way they're getting a vaccine for a "possible, slightly decreased chance of getting a case of the sniffles" - as in the flu vaccine.

I also don't think vaccines themselves cause autism, but that it is possible that adjuvants in vaccines might lead to an overreaction by the immune system in children who have genetic susceptibilities, coupled with heavy exposure to neurotoxic pesticides. Whether vaccines are part of the equation or not, as long as we keep looking for a single source cause, I highly doubt we'll make any progress whatsoever in the growing epidemics of both autism and vaccine avoidance.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchAngel_X
I honestly don't care if people don't vaccinate their kids. Not one bit. I also don't care when there's resurgences of previously-eradicated diseases among the non-vaccinators. Infact I will admit to a little bit of schadenfreude when I hear about it in the news because it's the wilful ignorance of those parents putting their children at unnecessary risk.

It's unfortunate when some of these children die under these circumstances but that also creates a potentially self-eradicating problem: the children of non-vaccinators will get sick and die at a rate faster than vaccinated children. The vaccinated children will in turn grow up to produce offspring which will be vaccinated. Plus this also means there will be more stock supply of vaccinations at hand for responsible parents.

I put my faith in science and medicine as they are the reason we've seen the massive plunges in infant mortality, death by infection, and polio paralysis, but to name a few - and the increases in average life span and the human population since the beginning of the 20th century. If they say they have a vaccine for a transmittable illness that can directly affect my life, I'll be very inclined to take it because the industry has the century-long track record to prove it.

And if some people read a meme on Facebook that say vaccinations will harm their children, so they don't, that doesn't affect me at all. I wish them luck and will shed no tears if or when they suffer the cost.

That's the issue, I DO care whether these "parents' vaccinate their kids as they are putting other kid's health and in some cases lives at risk by being disease vectors.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I think vaccinations make sense for diseases like Measles, Polio, etc., but are absolutely ridiclous and not as beneficial as natural immunity when it comes to diseases such as Influenza and Chicken Pox (even if it means being a little sick once in awhile.) My children get vaccines for the big ones, but no way they're getting a vaccine for a "possible, slightly decreased chance of getting a case of the sniffles" - as in the flu vaccine.

I also don't think vaccines themselves cause autism, but that it is possible that adjuvants in vaccines might lead to an overreaction by the immune system in children who have genetic susceptibilities, coupled with heavy exposure to neurotoxic pesticides. Whether vaccines are part of the equation or not, as long as we keep looking for a single source cause, I highly doubt we'll make any progress whatsoever in the growing epidemics of both autism and vaccine avoidance.

You don't acquire natural immunity for influenza.
There are between 20-30,000 deaths per year in the USA alone per year directly attributable to influenza so no, it's not a minor disease.

Vaccines nor the adjuvants contained within them cause autism.
How many studies do you need to understand this fact?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My biggest issue with vaccines does not revolve around autism but around experience.

I have three children and I believe in vaccinations (all except the flu and HPV) I do HOWEVER think they need to be spaced out more to a point where the child can handle the vaccine. I regret daily saying yes to hep b at birth because my baby had to stay in the hospital an extra 48 hours due to its side effects that 'they' claim don't exist. He was labeled 1 in a thousand. I hav . Been overly cautious ever since that day and pushed as many as I could back a few months. My youngest is now 14 months and soon he will have the dreaded MMR, the one claimed to cause autism. My biggest worry is that his small body won't be able to handle it. I will again be asking this be pushed back. I think we are so overtly worried about making sure the children get vaccinated we miss WHAT it truly does to them. I rarely hear a parent tell me their child had no reaction. And hey if yours didn't that's great! But all of mine did. And that is my experience.

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

You are correct, there are studies which show that vaccines or their adjuvants THEMSELVES and DIRECTLY do not cause autism. There are also studies which show that immune inflammatory responses can cause neurological problems. There is also known science that adjuvants do precipitate increased immune responses (which is the entire reason they are included in vaccines) and can, in some but not all cases cause an overreaction of the immune system. One doesn't need to put much effort into seeing the POTENTIAL connection, though one does need to have a complete and total lack of logical and scientific reason to assume there is no chance of a connection in certain circumstances.

Also, there are VERY few deaths directly attributed to influenza every year in the USA. There are a lot of deaths attributable to "Flu-Like Illness", which is the category tracked. "Flu-Like Illness" is essentially any undefined, unconfirmed respiratory or digestive illness. The vast majority of the time, it isn't influenza. THIS is a fact, while ignoring possibilities because of a lack of understanding of semantics, does NOT constitute FACT. More like confirmation bias.

ETA: Oh yeah, there IS natural immunity to influenza, as there is to most viruses and bacteria. If there wasn't, we would all need to live our lives as the "Bubble Boy" - I wasn't going to address that point, because I don't think people should dismiss everything you have to say out of hand based on your blatantly obvious lack of understanding of the human immune system, but was concerned there might be people who believed you, if they hadn't ever learned about the immune system themselves.
edit on 2/24/2016 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
One of the biggest causes of childhood autism is pollution in the environment. Yet it seems, a lot of ATS members don't really care about this and focus their attention on vaccinations. Big industry is probably effecting children's health more than big pharma. Why the disparity in condemnation?

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IvyNeptune

Im curious as to what your opinions are on vaccinations.
To 1 vaccinations are required to assist the health and growth of the population. They can help the human body build up defenses to potentially harmful and or fatal illnesses. The issues many seem to have is ARE VACCINATIONS BEING RELEASED SAFE OR ARE THEY TEST UPON MASS SOCIETY. FOR WHO ARE THE HUMAN TRIALS RAN ON? So its understood how parents can have concern for autism or other effects from vaccinations. For example TDAP how safe is it? And does it weaken the fetus ability to fight off say Zika causing Microcephaly? Or has this even been FULLY EVALUATED? This is why many struggle in TRUSTING vacc. with their children... Is it safer to TDAP vacc. the fetus why inside or follow previous protocols before TDAP was made and wait 2 months after baby is born

edit on 2/24/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join